• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Vikings Offseason Thread!

FISHINGURU

I think #4 has become a cancer to his teams he is on, look at the way he allegedly treated Rodgers by saying something like I'm not paid to train the new kid, plus the alleged junk that has come out of NY.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• Scott K

• zepman

• Jim Panfish Uran

She is easy on the eyes but very hard on the ears. I swear you could actually lose brain cells listening to her talk.

Who do you guys think the Vikes should go after in the free agency market, and what/who position/player in the draft?

The way I see it is the Vikes have a few holes to fill, but I think they can do it as long as Ziggy opens the check book again this year!

Positions needed to be filled this offseason in my opinion:

OT

WR

CB

QB

Then a few back up positions in need, but these I think are our priorities!

What are your thoughts?

O-Line, D-Line, FS/SS. I think the O line needs a little shoring up, Big Pat is nearing the end of his career. Sharper could be a free agent right?

I don't really pay attention to what girls have to say I just nod my head and say yup..yeah...forsure...yup...but in reality all i hear is mumbling...so i'm trained well to deal with annoying lol.

I say the vikes should sign Asomugha at CB, trade/sign for a QB at a decent price, and draft o-line early.

Fishinguru, that would be ideal! I wouldnt complain at all with that. Although I think we would still need another WR to open the field more.

Quote:
The Minnesota Star-Tribune considers the Vikings "extremely unlikely" to enter 2009 training camp with Tarvaris Jackson as a starter.

The Vikings made this mistake last year and Jackson lasted two games, then ascended back atop the depth chart after a late-season injury to Gus Frerotte. Jackson has shown he can be solid for short stretches, but the Vikes won't get anywhere with his massive ups and downs. He needs to be a No. 2 QB.

thats the best news i've heard in a long time! lets just hope we don't start the season with another 50 yr old qb with no mobility.

it should be interesting to see what qb we pick up in free agency or trade....if we don't sign asomugha it would be nice to get tj whosyourmomma....i'd be surprised if we signed any of the top free agents this year but you never know with the zigmeister.

I think the Vikings will be agressive in free agency again this year. I think they learned that they need to get a good qb in here and I believe they will not sit back and watch!

forsure they will go after a qb...even chilly is gonna take his blindfold off and see we need a qb...but none of the qb's out there are considered top free agents...i'd say the top 3 out there this year are asomugha, haynesworth and tj...it would be sweet to get 1 of those players.

get one of those players....pick up a decent qb in free agency/trade....then draft away at O-line or whatever positions we didn't cover in free agency....that would be primo.

The salary cap for 09 is $124 million. Here are what all the teams pay rolls are.

Cardinals 84 million.

Lions 85 million.

Buccaneers 86 million.

Chiefs 86 million.

Eagles 93 million.

Titans 93 million.

Bengals 95 million.

Packers 95 million.

Bills 98 million.

Dolphins 101 million.

Falcons 101 million.

Texans 101 million.

Seahawks 103 million.

Bears 104 million.

Ravens 104 million.

Steelers 105 million.

Vikings 105 million.

Broncos 107 million.

Chargers 107 million.

Panthers 108 million.

Rams 109 million.

Jaguars 110 million.

49ers 111 million.

Giants 112 million.

Browns 113 million.

Raiders 116 million.

Patriots 119 million.

Cowboys 121 million.

Jets 125 million.

Colts 128 million.

Saints 130 million.

Redskins 131 million.

We have some money to spend, we just need to do it wisely!!

yeah we have plenty of money to spend, can't wait to see who our new qb is gonna be.

still chanting asomugha over here lol...we need that true shutdown corner out there.

Don't hold your breath on scrabble! We'll likely spend our money on a right tackle, center or a younger mid range corner. Also, there have been some serious rumblings about a big play for a quarterback. That would likely come via a trade though.

I think if Stafford or Sanchez(most likely Sanchez) fall out of the top 10 in the draft that the Vikes will trade up between 12-16, just ahead of the Jets, and pick Sanchez. This all depends on weather or not Detroit picks a quarterback number one. This probably won't help for the 2009 season, but could easily be our quarterback for the next 10 years "IF" he is well coached.

grin Pretty much.

I'm kinda hoping chilly could do more with Sanchez than he did with Tjack. Sanchez is 10x the prospect Jackson was. Much more talent and more of a prospect than a project.

man that blows...asomugha re-signed with oakland.

well with that out of the way....LETS GO HAYNESWORTH!!!! LOL

this is just for fun but imagine if we converted k-will to DE and had fat pat and haynesworth in the middle with jared on the other end lol.

The combine is going on right now which is interesting. The draft prospects are putting on a show to try and move up the draft board.

Free agency is going to be quick as there aren't many quality players available. Should be interesting.

Quote:
The Houston Chronicle reports that the Vikings are on the verge of acquiring Sage Rosenfels from the Texans in exchange for a fourth-round pick.

This trade was nearly made last year, but Houston balked when the Vikes offered only a third-round choice. The Texans wanted a second-rounder. Rosenfels, 31 in March, would immediately become the favorite to start in Minnesota if the deal is completed. The aggressive passer is considered a strong fit for the West Coast offense coach Brad Childress

i'd welcome sage..at this point anything is better then what we got..get him for a 4th and cheap then spend a bunch of money on some free agent studs....like TJ whosyourmomma.

we should take one of the oline studs in the 1st round.

its just a real bad year to be shopping for qb's this season.

Quote:
Free agent C Matt Birk told the AP that he's had "encouraging" talks with the Vikings about a new contract.

Neither side wants this union to end, but it'll come down to a money matter. Birk made roughly $6 million last year and may not want to take any less.

I would like to see them work out some deal. Matt's a stand up guy, and would be to bad to lose him as a citizen of MN, as well as a member of the Vikings.

Quote:
Free agent C Matt Birk told the AP that he's had "encouraging" talks with the Vikings about a new contract.

Neither side wants this union to end, but it'll come down to a money matter. Birk made roughly $6 million last year and may not want to take any less.

I would like to see them work out some deal. Matt's a stand up guy, and would be to bad to lose him as a citizen of MN, as well as a member of the Vikings.

Agreed, keep Matt here. He has come out and said he wants to stay heree.