• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Vikings Offseason Thread!

FISHINGURU

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• Scott K

• zepman

• Jim Panfish Uran

looks like childress gets another year...mark wilf says "absolutly" and zigy says "yes, yes, yes!!" lol

they seem to be happy with being mediocre...and they can't believe we've won 2 more games this year its a miracle...without chilly i don't see how we could of won 2 more games this season either lmmfao...his clock management, half time adjustments, and play calling got us over the hump this year!! we sure taught greenbay, chicago, and detroit a lesson this year boy!

so time to move on with that....now we can only hope some of the other bad coaches get fired...i'd be surprised if they do since they are "chillys guys"....as you've noticed its hard for him to part with his guys.

i can admire being true and sticking to your guns but i don't admire when those decisions hurt the team more then they help just because it's your way or no way.

offensive coordinator and special teams coach have to go imo...lets get a real offensive coordinator and relieve childress of the play calling duties...to much for him to handle.

i'm hoping we get a good qb now forsure...the qb situation we are in now blows goats...anything will be an improvement but i don't want another guy thats closing in on 50 years old either...we were a qb away from goin far this year and i'd imagine we are gonna be a qb away from goin far next year now that chilly is guarenteed to be here.

tjack and chilly don't work good together if you haven't noticed yet.

hopefully a few home games will be on tv next year...if not it will sure be easy to get a seat.

Top FA

QB's

Kurt Warner

Matt Cassel- Pats said they will franchise him

Jeff Garcia

Rex Grossman

Kyle Boller

Kerry Collins

J.P. Losman

RB's

Brandon Jacobs

Maurice Morris

Ricky Williams

Darren Sproles

Correll Buckhalter

Rudi Johnson

WR's

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Bobby Engram

Devery Henderson

Dante' Hall

Amani Toomer

OL

Matt Birk

Mike Goff

Jordan Gross

Jeff Saturday

DL

Julius Peppers

Albert Haynesworth

Terrell Suggs

Bertrand Berry

DB

Nnamdi Asomugha

Mike Brown

Brian Dawkins

Dawan Landry

Dunta Robinson

Darren Sharper

LB

Ray Lewis

Eric Barton

Karlos Dansby

Mike Peterson

Bart Scott

Jonathan Vilma

James Farrior

Projected cap space: $20 million. Vikings owner Zygi Wilf opened his checkbook in 2008 for Allen, WR Bernard Berrian and FS Madieu Williams. The only position where Minnesota may need to spend lavishly this offseason is at quarterback.

definatly need a new qb.

if we don't spend alot on a new qb or don't get one at all i say open the checkbook up and pick up the best corner in football...he's a free agent and wants out of oakland.

I think if the Vikes get a "GOOD" veteran QB to compete with T-Jack for the starting position next season, get a good tackle in the draft mid round, sign Birk with a lesser contract, offer Sharper a little less to play on a 1 yr contract, pick up a stud reciever early round, get rid of Childress, or atleast if they are going to keep Childress find a good offensive coordinator, we should be an elite team next year!

How about this? Hire Denny Green back as our offensive coordinator? He knew his offense!

i'd take a 3rd grader to take over the play calling at this point..chilly is staying by the sounds of it so our only hope is getting a new OC to take over the play calling.

i have no clue why the OC and ST's coach are still here....hopefully we are just waiting for the end of the year but like i said they are chilly's guys and he probably can't part with them.

me and a buddy were discussing the billick idea as OC when we found out zigy and mark are in love with chilly and he's staying....do you think a guy would come in under chilly when they know they are a better coach? it would be nice to have him as our OC and get ol denny in here too lol...i wish we had this defense back when we had the best offense around...we would of clowned anyone in the history of the game.

Maybe they could bring him in as OC and if chilli makes a mess of things again you have a really good coach to take over anytime you want.

Also, if the special teams coach makes the end of the week... I'll puke!!

quick someone get zep a bucket...get a few of them for the rest of us.

I can't believe they are reataining the special teams coach even with all of the injuries. It was historic how bad their coverage units were and it was getting worse, not better as the season progressed. Wow!! Now that's loyalty to a fault.

i hear that.

what do you guys think about the possibility about trading for hasselbeck? the seahawks are entering a rebuilding phase and might be willing to part with him for a 2nd round pick.

One thing that killed me every game was a special team messup. The touching of the ball inside the 5. I bet the purp messed that up 6 times this year. I am pretty sure I was coached on that aspect in like 9th grade. How do they not understand this simple concept? If you go in the endzone = you are useless on that play.

game plan and play calling is coaching, a coach shouldn't have to remind the players the fundamentals of a game that they have been playing since 7th grade, shows most of them didn't deserve a college degree.

I think it was Kevin Seifert on KFAN yesterday afternoon said that the Vikes/Chili pointed out how Vikings opponents had the most missed FG's against them

One thing that killed me every game was a special team messup. The touching of the ball inside the 5. I bet the purp messed that up 6 times this year.

I can't remember who we were playing but it was late in the year when we punted and the ball was rolling at like the 3 and we had 3 guys waiting to down it and one dude comes sliding in between all of them and ends up in the end zone for a touchback. Use your head!!!! mad

One thing that killed me every game was a special team messup. The touching of the ball inside the 5. I bet the purp messed that up 6 times this year. I am pretty sure I was coached on that aspect in like 9th grade. How do they not understand this simple concept? If you go in the endzone = you are useless on that play.

I just spit soda all over my screen? Now you are an arm chair special tems coach? With that kind of bashing of the Vikes, you must not be a true Viking fan and are a closet Packer Backer!!!!!!!! madwhistleshocked

Originally Posted By: fishin58

I just spit soda all over my screen? Now you are an arm chair special tems coach? With that kind of bashing of the Vikes, you must not be a true Viking fan and are a closet Packer Backer!!!!!!!! madwhistleshocked

LOL! I just spit Sammy Adams all over mine!

Play nice... (you walked right into that one Fishin!) wink

NFL QB position vs. touching the ball down at the 2, not a very complex issue in my book. Which one could be easier, gee I don't know???

NFL QB position vs. touching the ball down at the 2, not a very complex issue in my book. Which one could be easier, gee I don't know???

c'mon. just get it out of your system. it's not that hard of a thing to do. we all know now that anybody that criticizes anything whatsoever with the team is not a vikings fan. Just repeat after me "Lets go pack, lets go pack!"

see now that wasn't so bad was it. now that your officially a packer fan like the rest of us that critique our qb situation, I guess your on our side now.