• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bald Eagle

BirddogBenelli

Any reports from this weekend? Went out yesterday from 4-8:30. Everything that could go wrong when fishing did...ended up a few crappies.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nlange

• olbaidhh

• Tom7227

• rodmaker

Anybody fished baldy eagle in the last day or 2? Thinking about going out tonight

Was out there sunday, caught about a dozen crappies. The fish are there and the bite is inconsistent. They will bite on and off. Fishing about 22-28ft of water with minnows. Not much size to it.

My dad and I were out there last night caught about 20 crappies kept about ten between 9" and a couple around 10.5". Fishing in 18-20 FOW.

Has anyone been out on Bald Eagle around 10 pm or so in the past few nights? Have you noticed an increase in bites around this time? I live nearby and have some bass and crappie in an aquarium and they have gone into a feeding frenzy around 10. I am wondering if that relates to what's happening out on the ice.

Went out lastnight in about 23 FOW. Didn't bring any minnows...just 1 Ratso! Hammered them! Caught about 20 and kept my limit of 9-10". Very fast and furious fishing.

Went out lastnight in about 23 FOW. Didn't bring any minnows...just 1 Ratso! Hammered them! Caught about 20 and kept my limit of 9-10". Very fast and furious fishing.

What time? I'm trying to see if the guys in the aquarium are in sync with the guys in the lake.

Caught majority of them between 6:30-8pm. It was only me and I was swapping bigger fish out for smaller fish. When I left I was still marking fish but I had to get home to the wife. grin

I may have to get out there soon, a buddy of mine said the crappie bite has been pretty decent too, i guess i'll have to find out for myself.

there is a consistent 18 inches. a lot of truckers going out and permanents out there. it should be ok. been out there the past week. i would probably wait for another couple inches to be sure.

Just wandering if guys are pulling out wheelhouses yet on Bald Eagle... I have a Ford Expedition with a 16' ice castle... will the ice handle it?

Thanks for the info...

First time on Bald Eagle. How is driving on the lake? Can you pretty much go anywhere with a 4x4 amd a portable? Also, anyone hooking any walldogs? Thanks guys

I live on the lake and there are houses and trucks all over so getting around isn't a problem. I haven't been out so I can't give you a read on success ratios.

We fished 10:00am-3:00pm and only kept 3 Crappies. Tried tip ups on the north end with no luck, a neigboring guy flagged like crazy- Muskie and three northern. He was a great guy- helped us out but we ran out of time. I need ot go out of town so we can just fish!!!

Thanks for the heads up. We went out this morning and there was about 16" to 18" of ice and yes you could drive anywhere. We fished 18 FOW and it was pretty steady crappie action. Unfortunately none were keepable. Great day to be on the ice however.

fished 21 feet of water last night, marking fish steady but only caught one. didnt even know he bit either

Just wondering were abouts people are catching these crappies. Been hitting up some other lakes in the area with moderate success. Thinking its time to switch to a different location and dont know much about Bald Eagle. Any info would be great.

I just put my house out this past weekend and caught the small crappies that people are referring to in this link. Does anybody have any luck with walleyes on Bald Eagle? Any informaton would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I'll see if I can get an update in the next day or so to see if I can get you into a specific area near the island.