• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Truck go through on Fish??

I went out on Fish Lake this afternoon and when you go off the dam/launch past HiBanks and take a left over by the shore, it looks like a truck or something broke through the ice. The road is all slushy and looks broken up over about a 25 ft span before you get to the ridge. Had my wife with me and didn't want to risk breaking though with her in the truck so we went back in front of the landing and dropped lines. Does anyone know if this is the case, and someone broke through this weekend? I had been up there new years day and took that road over to the islands across the lake with no problems...

I didn't see anything on the news websites. This seems like an odd area to go through this time of year at least with a vehicle. Keeping safety in mind did you get a good look at it? Was there actually open water? It could have been an area where a permanent house was sitting. Often times they'll leave sunken areas when they sit in one spot for a long time.

No, my buddy went through there after me and he got out and walked up and said it did look like something broke through. It was on a plowed road, and i've driven the road before(no house on it). I had my wife and didn't want to risk driving off the road and getting stuck and having her get mad, so we turned around. my buddy did however drive around it and went onto the islands we usually fish. Fish has about 20" of ice, and I don't see how something could have broke though. I'm wondering if someone punched a hole on the road to fish, and water just came up through the hole filling the road. then the wind blew snow onto the water causing the slushy or broken ice appearance....

The watery area was on a well plowed/maintained ice road to the left of the dam launch. I've been driving it for a few weeks, and have never seen a house sitting on it. If you drive off the launch, and keep going left it was on the road that backtracked near shore, then hopped the ridge that crosses the lake.

Someone sent me a pic of a truck that was supposed to have gone through on the south access.

not sure what caused it, but someone walked to the edge and put a 5' spud bar down it, now that's one heck of a slush hole you wouldn't want to drive into

It was more than likely a major collection of water and slush. About 5 yrs ago we sat and watched a truck heasding for the blue max totally pushing water in front of it. We were at the eagles nest and couldn't believe what we were watching.