• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thoughts On The Play-Off Game?

TMF89

I think our coaching, Jackson's passing, and our HORRIBLE pass defense (how many times did we have double or triple manned Eagles make catches up the side?) killed it for us. I just gotta feel bad for players like AP and Jared Allen, for having to stick with such a losing team.

I agree!!! We get good players and then they leave because we cant get good coaches that have any football mind to get the team moving!!! We will lose AP and Allen as soon as thier contracts are up unless we do some big coaching changes!!!

Pretty much went as expected, the birds gave the Vikings some chances and they purple and gold piddled it down their legs. May as well keep Chili around another season then see which rabbit (Shanahan, Holmgren, Cowher, Dungy) you can pull out of the hat.

except for one play that killed us, our D was better than theirs. we got outcoached by a little and out qb'd by a little more. every time mcnabb goes back to pass it's "don't beat us, don't beat us" and every time tjack goes back to pass it's "please, please be a dump pass for less than 10 yards and maybe, just maybe, our rb will break one"

tjack didn't lose the game today but he really did nothing to win it either. I don't think gus would have done any better and just goes to show that they really need to try hard in the offseason to get a qb that has ability to make some big plays when they need it. the vikes have just about all the pieces in place to seriously contend but they need a different qb badly and without that leader type qb, it's going to be tough. He can hit the 10 yard and under pass ok but I swear his passes over 15 yards are lobbed so high that a couple times this season I thought the receiver was calling for a fair catch on it. I don't think he's got the ability to be effective when they are behind by more than one score.

I think our coaching, Jackson's passing, and our HORRIBLE pass defense (how many times did we have double or triple manned Eagles make catches up the side?) killed it for us. I just gotta feel bad for players like AP and Jared Allen, for having to stick with such a losing team.

That pretty much sums it up for me. What was with the end of the first half. Run, dump pass and run so we leave them clock. What an idiot.

micheal vick will be out by start of season next year. he would be DA MAN the vikes should get.

So there is 7:40 left, your down by 9. You need a touchdown AND a field goal to win. So you start chucking the rock DEEP?!?!?! What happened to the run game that they were doing pretty well with? 7:40 is a LONG time. Especially to GIVE UP and start throwing the home run ball. No AP in the second half????

As a Packer fan, I was laughing on the outside, crying on the inside as you were representing my division and conference.

It makes me hope you guys keep Ole Brad around for a few more years.

Yea Wade and how do you explain chuckin the ball when you have T-Junk as the QB. I saw a lot of ankle-biters (short passes) and Helium grenades (deep ball that lofts 20 yards past the receiver) thrown.

Hmmm, no one else seemed to want to represent our division. I guess if any other team was better, they would have.

Pretty poor performance, particularly in the second half. The coaching staff had the wrong mindset going into the game, as evidenced by telling Jackson not to take any risks and that it's okay to punt. Too many 3 and outs. Short passes and runs. Where's the Kick___ offense? The Eagles left the door wide open through 3 quarters and they were content to try and grind things out and hope to win on some Philly turnover or a last minute FG. Sorry, but you gotta get aggressive at some point.

Yep. You could tell they were preaching patience during the first half and probably even too far into the 2nd half, but the problem is they don't have the pieces on the field to get aggressive when the game is on the line and they're playing from behind.

It seemed like they were waiting for the defense to make a big play which has bailed them out for many of their wins this season but it never really came.

When were they going to stop blitzing the linebackers? They weren't getting through to McNabb and all it would do is leave the middle wide open. I'm not sure how many completions they had over the middle but it was far more than they should have had. Do the Vikes have any other pass routes other than screens that go for 3-5 yards? The coaching staff has no sense of urgency and doesn't show any emotion. Leslie Frasier is the only decent part of the coaching staff and more than likely he won't be around next year. So I say, get rid of Gerald McCrany and the rest of his posse and start from scratch next year. I wouldn't mind seeing Vick in purple either.

I wouldn't mind seeing Vick in purple either.

You gotta be kidding me?? I would rather see Chilli and T-Junk back that to see that thug in Purple!! sick

The start of next season will have Brad as the coach yet, thats my guess.

I agree that Vick could stay away. I would rather lose than have him on the team.

I'm not going to put so much blame on T-Jack. I actually saw a few good things out of him. Remember...we're dealing with a second year quarterback (with not even two full seasons of play) in his first playoff game. Against a very good defense.

When he got in trouble, for the most part he was able to get away and had the presence of mind to throw the ball away.

After he threw the pick for the TD, he responded well. The Vikes marched up the field and scored a TD.

They did it with slightly deeper passes over the middle, and a couple dump/screen type passes to Kleinsasser. It was an effective drive.

Then we never saw those plays again.

It was back to run outside, run middle, or some variation of a seven-yard pass pattern. Open up the %#$&(&%)!# playbook so you can actually tell if T-Jack is going to be a good quarterback or not.

I think the coaching staff is so afraid of him failing that they are not giving him a chance to succeed.

Originally Posted By: LakeDoctor
I wouldn't mind seeing Vick in purple either.

You gotta be kidding me?? I would rather see Chili and T-Junk back that to see that thug in Purple!! sick

You give Vick to much credit for being a thug he is lower than that and be band from football.

To reward this guy just because he can play the game well means what he did was not as reprehensible as people claimed it be.

Its like letting Irvine and others to keep playing football even after they get caught numerous times useing drugs. Why reward bad behavior things will only stay the same if we do.

Exactly, Jarrod32 , the play calling has regressed the most the last few weeks. Where was a pass pattern across the middle? With the constant blitzing the inside should have been open for a pass underneath the safeties.

I agree the play calling was bad again, but how do you call plays to a QB that can't pass? And don't bring up the ONE game where he did.

I'm not going to put so much blame on T-Jack. I actually saw a few good things out of him. Remember...we're dealing with a second year quarterback (with not even two full seasons of play) in his first playoff game. Against a very good defense.

When he got in trouble, for the most part he was able to get away and had the presence of mind to throw the ball away.

After he threw the pick for the TD, he responded well. The Vikes marched up the field and scored a TD.

They did it with slightly deeper passes over the middle, and a couple dump/screen type passes to Kleinsasser. It was an effective drive.

Then we never saw those plays again.

It was back to run outside, run middle, or some variation of a seven-yard pass pattern. Open up the %#$&(&%)!# playbook so you can actually tell if T-Jack is going to be a good quarterback or not.

I think the coaching staff is so afraid of him failing that they are not giving him a chance to succeed.

These were my thoughts too. It is like the Vikings are too content and dependent on being a grind out team that they never really try anything to push any of the players up a level.

Theyre too content to let AP and CT run the ball, and the D-Line to stop the run.

I think its coaching, you have the talent, you just need to get them to that next level.

Eagles made second half adjustments, we didn't. Overall we hung right with them, the interception was a hard one to swallow, that guy just jumped that route big time. He held up well though, I like Gus, but I think he would have been taken out on a stretcher if he were in there

I can't keep track of people's crimes. Vick received federal charges, pacman didn't. May have had some bearing on pacman being back. Even though Vick will be serving out his time, I still think the NFL could suspend for a year or so as their own punishment.

We won the are division what else you want. Ya a superbowl would be nice. But that was not going to happen this year to many injuries and not enough veterans on the team. To do that.

Im sorry to say but we didnt not suck a team that sucked the lions 0-16

How bout this the Cowboys had more talent then use and they didnt even make it to the playoff. So they most sucked to.

doesn't it suck not knowing if your offense blows because of your qb or your coach or both...it definatly can't be because of neither.

does chilly make good calls and the qb can't deliver or does chilly make bad calls and the qb can't deliver?

does chilly only call safe plays or does the qb only try to throw it to the safe option?

when teams blitz you hit them where the blitz is coming from...its the only way to counter and force them to slow their roll...why are we trying to do comeback routes and up n outs like we always do against the blitz's...them plays take time to develop and we didn't have much time....do you wonder if chilly or the qb have ever heard of a quick slant? hey them couple screens to klieny worked real well...lets not try that ever again.