• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Dumbest Coach in NFL

Fishing_High

Yea, he's got a man-crush on him. It's like a manifare between the two. There's just too much mantraction between them for him to see clearly.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• croixflats

• Sandmannd

• FISHINGURU

• Fishing_High

I saw that as a move to appease the fans nothing more to create revenue. As many owners think the same even a loss in first round of playoffs is a winner. Ziggy is a businessman and gauges his investment on growth and Child has gotten a better record each season. Problem is were heading for another 10 years similar to Denny Green growth that gets us nowhere.

Hopefully he got the message from having a hard time selling out a playoff game that were tired of the same-oo.

I hope he is not stupid enough to think or blame the economy or holidays had much to do with lackluster enthusiasm on the part of the fans.

I agree Croixflats. I think a lot had to do with the fact that no one wanted to pay that kind of money to be let down time and again.

I worry about Leslie Frazier getting away as he seems to be a hot name now. He could be gone by the end of this week.

If I remember right, the only 2 assistants that were promoted up to head coach in Viking history were Steckel and Tice. They let Dungy, Billick and Tomlin walk away and maybe a few others I can't think of. This may be the time to finally promote from within and get the right one.

DD

I do not know why he did not accept the holding penalty that would of pushed the Eagles back to 3 and 19 instead childress gives them 3 points letting them kick a 43 yard field.

Cowher has already said he will not coach in the league next year, so you can cross that pipe dream off the list.

Why dont you guys get off the Frazier bandwagon. The defense sucked it up today bigtime. Other than a couple play the Eagles owned us. How many times did we have them third and long and couldnt stop them? The only reason we have the number 1 run defense is because teams can throw the ball on us at will. We couldnt tackle when it counted (see Westbrook TD).

Our offensive line looked like [PoorWordUsage] again today. They are highly overrated. I would like to see Peterson behind a good line. Look how much time T-donk had to throw the ball, then look at how much time McNothing had to throw the ball. Our defense made that loser look good again.

Chilly needs to go, he can take his QB with him. It would sure be nice to land a Shannahan or Billick and give them a Matt Cassel or Mark Bulger. Then we would be a couple draft picks away from a deep run into the playoffs. I dont think I can watch another season of 12 yards being considered a deep pass, and then ocassionally telling your donkey to go out there and throw it as far as he can and hope for the best. Flyingsaucer and Tahi are wasted bodies out there. It isnt that hard to find some recievers who have some speed and can catch the ball. Hopefully the next coach can design a play to get these guys open.

What bandwagon are you talking about. We know the coach has to go but we are realistic about the available coaches that would want to coach here. Dungy had his faults while here and look what he has done as a head coach. Heck I think he invented, or perfected to be worthless, the prevent defense that caused us to lose a lot of games. Frasier may not be a good choice or he may.

I thought The D was doing good untill Sharper went down then they exploited that. I really didnt think we would miss Sharper but I was proven wrong. Unless you were watching a differant game.

our defense dominates....our [PoorWordUsage] hole special teams give the ball to the other team in scoring position all the time and we shut them down..then we shut them down...then we shut them down....they are out there the whole game while the childress ran offense goes 3 and out the whole 2nd half.

we gave up 1 big play but who didn't have the feeling eventually it was gonna happen...you can't have your defense out there the whole half and not eventually give up a big play.

our D is plenty good enough to win a championship but not with poor coaching and no offense.

The vikings just need better depth for special teams. O and D talent are fine outside of QB. You need special teams aces and a better ST coach

Now I agree with you guys that Chilly has to go but he has improved his first 3 seasons.

2006: 6-10

2007: 8-8

2008: 10-6

Not hard to do when the other 3 teams get worst

the defense gave up 1 touchdown today, punt coverage was up to its old tricks again. the reason teams pass on us is they can't run at all. if any defense in the nfl gives up 1 touchdown a game they would win at least 12 of them.

My brother is a huge Eagles fan, always has been. He had to call to rub it in last night. I said if we had a QB we would have walked over them and the coaching sucked as well. He said "yep, chillipepper is the reasy the Eagles lost three NFC Championship games and the Superbowl". He was glad he was gone.

We did win the NC division but we havd a weak one at that. The Vikes are close but we need a QB, some improvement in special teams and a coaching change.

I just don't see Zigy changing the coach.

We couldn't stop them when it counted! They had it 3rd and long next to their own endzone a couple times, and we let them march right out. And lets not forget the big play. And no, it isn't bound to happen when you have an awesome defense. It didn't happen to Baltimore and it won't happen to Pitt. I just think the defense if overrated. They are OK, but they sure don't "dominate."

Chilly has a way to deflect blame. We all can see that the special teams coach should be fired, but Chilly says it is the players not making the plays. Interesting to see that Chilly hasn't fired any coaches yet (correct me if I'm wrong). Bevell not being a good coordinator...again players not making plays. And instead of a change he takes over play calling...we can see where that got us. Coach scenario sounds similar to the Wolves. Owner is blindsided by Chilly's psychology. I am not as sold on Frazier yet as a head coach. Dungy is out of the question. If he decides to quit coaching it will be for good. He has a good gig going at Indy. Why would he want to coach anywhere else. Ziggy needs to see or ask owners why they fired some of their coaches like a Shanahan. I think Ziggy is scared to do it because Chilly is his first one and he put all of his faith into him. Maybe this off season he will have a change of heart. Fan apathy and the problem of selling out playoff game should send a big signal. Listen to who is giving you the money! Fans are like the board of directors.

He better listen to us. I watched a total of 6 games this year. I swore off the vikes early season untill Child is gone. Tricked into watching a few here and there. Hech I even went fishing thinking the game was on at 12 and would be over when I got back.

So again next year I will swear off the Vikes if Child is still there. Maybe give the team a chance if they get a good Quarterback.

I do not know why he did not accept the holding penalty that would of pushed the Eagles back to 3 and 19 instead childress gives them 3 points letting them kick a 43 yard field.

Because a 53 yard FG in a dome is a chip shot for Akers anyways. You have to respect the Mcnabb/ Westbrook attack and not let them get a first down there. It was early in the game and he wanted to minimize damage.

Originally Posted By: Fishing_High

Because a 53 yard FG in a dome is a chip shot for Akers anyways. You have to respect the Mcnabb/ Westbrook attack and not let them get a first down there. It was early in the game and he wanted to minimize damage.

No brainer let them kick it. You got to respect McNab.

Im sorry I dont think you just give the team 3 points in the playoffs. If your scared of them completing a 3rd and 19 then you just have no trust in your defense. And what if we get a sack or something thats longer then a 53 yard FG. No field goal in the NFL over 50 yards is a chip shot ask the Packers kicker who tried the win the game in the dome with a 50 plus yarder.

Mark Wilf stated the Childress will "ABSOLUTELY" be back in 09. Get ready for another year of terrible playcalling.

The vikings had all the talent they needed going into this year, the only problem is the coaching staff didn't utilize it. The players were set up to fail. How or why Wilf doesnt realize this is beyond me. Even with T-jack as qb, we could have dominated the division and gone farther into the playoffs. The team wasnt prepared well enough and wasnt coached well enough to have that kind of year. it starts with the fundamentals

I just don't feel comfortable with tjunk...

new QB + new coach = superbowl XLIV??? grin

One can only hope!

Im sorry I dont think you just give the team 3 points in the playoffs. If your scared of them completing a 3rd and 19 then you just have no trust in your defense. And what if we get a sack or something thats longer then a 53 yard FG. No field goal in the NFL over 50 yards is a chip shot ask the Packers kicker who tried the win the game in the dome with a 50 plus yarder.

Mark Wilf stated the Childress will "ABSOLUTELY" be back in 09. Get ready for another year of terrible playcalling.

Looks like another season of trying to boycot and more fishing, Oh! Darn! grin

My ? for you would you rathter have the score 7-0 at this point in the game or 3-0. I think it was a good call. By minimize the damage here kept us in the game for awhile.

What i dont understand why didnt we go for it when it was 4th and inchs. We have the best RB in the game. That was a dump call. Not only that we putting the ball and then ran back 62 yards.