• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
SomethingFishy*

Caught a few pics of the plow maintaining the roads.

SomethingFishy*

P1000607.jpg

P1000601.jpg

P1000612.jpg

P1000621.jpg

P1000632.jpg

late night

I could use that guy right now! My house is buried in snow, freezing in, only accessable by snowmobile and no fish in the area. What a pain!

CAJ

That looks a lot like Buddy Hillman plow. Had a great time with them a couple weeks ago.

FISHINGURU

is it just me or does anyone else think of a horror movie when you see that plow truck lol? they are like the trucks the looney guys are drivin when chasin the teenage group of 4 lol.

GoFish4

Best thing is there is like 2, 3 of them trucks to keep Hillmas roads open alone! Besides, Johnny and his truck are like a horror show all on his own, I mean really who rides around with sick Pooop bags all day?? eek

kelly-p

Actually there are 6 V-Plows runnning out of Hillman's. A lot better then one of the first years of the "crappie boom" when Buddy and me each had an old wreck and no welder/mechanic on standby. All winter and we never had both trucks running on the same day. cry

Guru at times your asessment is pretty close. Last night when we were trying to get the main open before the wind hit so that the people could get off this morning we had a guy going for "IDIOT OF THE DECADE". He must have thought it was "cool" to run down the main road on his snowmobile and play chicken with the plow trucks until they locked up their brakes and swerved away to miss him. crazy Anyone that wonders why people working on the lake get short tempered should have been riding in the trucks while that jerk was pulling his stunts.

Random guy

I also liked the guy that blew by me.

I stopped with a plow truck, amber flashing lights, off road lights, headlights and flashers going. I am standing along side the drivers door as he tries to go around as I wave my arms to warn him about the incoming line of V plows.

This fine fellow looks at me as he steps on it and blast around me so he doesn't have to wait (off sale was closing soon).

Well he got a good look at the inside of a plow flume and is most likely trying to explain hail damage in winter to his insurance man.

Just amazes me some times.

AHLHAWK81

Jonny, although I certainly understand some of the frustrations you guys experience, these stories are great. Ever thought about writing a book of short stories? I am sure Kelly, Buddy and others have plenty to add as well.

Hope to see you Feb. We fished in one of your houses last year and were in the last hard shack you pulled off for the season.

Random guy

I have had several folks say we should write a book, I bet it would make you laugh until your gut hurt. From Fosters seals, Kelly chatting with the neighbors and Buddy just trying to keep his head above water it would be interesting. Trouble is we can barely type fast enough to make 50 word posts on the forum. laugh

As for the plows how would you like to meet this in the dark, the heavy flume is coming off the drivers side.

Bahrden

We got a chance Buddy in action on our way in last night and we took your advice and gave him lots of room.

Thanks for a great day of fishing and for getting us in and out. I never would have guessed that we would catch that many fish in the middle of the storm.

SomethingFishy*

Nice video. We watched you guys out plowing for a while, cool sight to see. I'm glad I was at a safe distance away. smile

Random guy

and gave him lots of room.

I always thought we should blow this picture up and put it on shore as anglers head onto the lake.

Those are some serious chunks, wonder what one of those snoballs weigh?

unionpacific2resizedak9.jpg

AHLHAWK81

Great video! That should convince people to stay out of the way!!

Stradic

With technology today, you should have no problem getting that blown up. I think you should do it. It truly is a stunning pic!!!

shaky legs2

great video!