• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Joe15

Sarah, Bloody or Sketek

Joe15

I plan on going fishing with my dad today so which lake would you guys suggest. And where on each lake has been the hottest

Eric Wettschreck

Bloody has been tough. A few guys have given up on it. However, with less guys on the lake it may be ready to give up some crappies.

You saw the Sarah get together report. There are fish to be had but you have to go find them. It's clear and shallow water. You need to drill some holes, set up, and wait for them to come back. The ice noise really makes them skittish.

I'm told (I have not experienced it personally) that they are catching crappies near the airator/Teepeootah point on Shetek. I've also heard reports of walleyes on the south side of the lake.

There you have it, now the decision is yours. Good luck!!!!

LARZ

Possibly heading to Sarah on Sunday. Just wondering how the ice,snow and fishing has been. I have never fished the lake before so I was just wondering if there is any bad areas as far as ice goes that we should avoid? We may be bringing the permanent just for the day if the ice allows us, otherwise it will be the wheeler and portables. Thanks and any advice is greatly appreciated.

Eric Wettschreck

The airators are well marked, near the west side county park. There is some ice, south of the airators that I would not drive a truck on, but is safe for wheelers, sleds, and foot traffic. 8-10 inches is my best guess for that area. Ice is a solid 12-18 inches everywhere else. There have been quite a few trucks and perm houses on the lake.

The west side county park landing is very easily travelable with trucks. The NW landing is travelable with a truck, but if you're towing a perm it could get a little sticky.

I've had my best luck towards the N to NE side, near the 2 main points, quite a ways out into the lake where you'd almost think you are in the middle.

Remember, Sarah is only 7-9 feet deep, and very clear water for SW MN. The fish are spooky. Set up on snow drifts or use your perm for shadows. Drill, drill, drill.........Then set up/shut up and wait. I've had more than one time where my flasher was lit up and I was catching fish just to have someone drive by 50 feet away and it was game over.....for a while.

You will have both ends of the spectrum on Sarah, with little middle ground. Nice fat perch and walleyes, or little tiny dudes.

Glow Demons, flutter jigs, and deadstick has worked best for me. Demons and flutter jigs tipped with both minnow heads and Euro Larva worked well for perch but the walleyes seem to want the minnow head over the wigglers.

Good luck to ya.

LARZ

Thanks boilerguy it is much appreciated. I looked at the DNR web site and it says there is an access on the east side of the lake, since we are coming from the east I think we would use that access, but you did not mention that in your previous post. Is that not a very good access? Thanks Again

Eric Wettschreck

There is an access there. The only thing I know about it is last Saturday my father in law drove on and off the lake from that access with his truck. What condition it's in or if you can tow a perm house down it I can't say.

PerchPounder

The access on the east side is pretty steep and depending on the snow pack might be pretty icy and tough to pull you house back off the lake.