• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
jd524

Is the slush on round worsening?

jd524

I have a house on Round Lake in CW county. I was told that over the last couple of days the slush has really begun to be a problem. Vehicles getting stuck, and houses being frozen in are the concerns.

I was wondering if anyone has been out there this last weekend, and would be able to share the ice / slush conditions.

At the Ojibwa Rd landing if you look straight out into the lake facing the 12 o'clock position my house is at apprroximaetly the 2 o'clock position. 2/3 of a mile out.

I'm most concerned about the conditions towards my house.

I would appreciate in advance any help from anyone that has been out ther lately. Thanks.

Ryan1127

My roomate has a house on North Long and as of Thursday night his was frozen in pretty good. I'm guessing Round is pretty similar after these last few days.

late night

I blocked mine up again today. The skids were in about 3 inches water even though I had it blocked up two inches. Luckly it had not froze yet and I was able to jack it up higher and then remove the banking so all the over flow can refreeze. I would imagine your house is in similar shape.

Probably not the news you wanted but slush is definately a problem this year.

WalleyeJeff

I have my house on North Long, had to break the edges free this weekend. It was up 5 inches. The banked snow froze to the bottom. I am now 8 inches up. Water was 3+ inches deep around house. Every where off of the main trail is slush. Not much for moving the house this year. (Merrifield side)

late night

Ya know, this is my first year with a perm shack and so far I am really regreting the idea of building and putting one out. It was a struggle to get the thing on the lake, 8 inches ago, and now I am wondering how am I going to get it off the lake? What does everybody else do?

fishit

We put one out 10x10 on an old boat trailer. Plow a road out, jack up the house set it down on the trialer, it takes some time and a couple of people.

Meister

jd - I was on Round for the last four days and the slush is getting worse in many areas. It is really bad on the north end near Sebago Resort. There are a couple roads plowed out toward your house so I'm guessing you'll be OK.

Good luck fishing

jd524

Thanks everyone for the info. I went out a couple of days ago to check on the conditions and maybe catch some eyes. Instead of getting lines wet I spent 3 hours helping a buddy get his vehicle out of the slush.

It appeared that there was a gigantic slush field starting right out from the Ojibiwa Rd. access, but did find that once you get of the slush area it's much easier to get around. It appears that my house is thankfully outside of the bad slush area....for now.

FYI...I was able to get around on the wheeler with rear tire chains even through the slush. It wasn't fun, but possible.

mmclain6101

Any fishing reports on round I am going up to a friends cabin in a week and have never ice fished up there? Not even sure what people fish for on round?

jd524

Any fishing reports on round I am going up to a friends cabin in a week and have never ice fished up there? Not even sure what people fish for on round?

I believe most people are fishing it for eyes, but I know some are looking for crappies. I have been fishing the south side, and usually catch 2 or 3 eyes an evening generally from 14 - 18 inches. I have noticed and talked to others that believe the walleye action has slowed down lately.

mmclain6101

Thanks

walleye365

is it possible to go out from the south landing with 4x4 truck. how deep are they comeing out of. thanks

jd524

is it possible to go out from the south landing with 4x4 truck. how deep are they comeing out of. thanks

Vehicle traffic is tough going off of the south landing as I'm sure it is on most lakes in the area. I was out there yesterday and there is a really nice road plowed from the landing that goes straight east to the far S.E corner of the lake. There are also several trails that have been firmed up due to heavy use, so yes you can get around by vehicle. Unfortunately you are pretty much limited to where everyone else is going. It is really tough going once you get off of a road / trail. If you avoid the slush then you still have to deal with the deep snow.

I quit driving my truck because the work it took getting around out weighed the luxury of having the vehicle. My fish house is 100 yds. from the nicely plowed road, but I'm still not driving my truck. That last 100 yds. is hard enough with the 4-wheeler that has rear tire chains.

As far as fishing report, I can only speak for myself. I'm usually out there from 3 pm to 6 pm and I usually average 2-3 walleyes. The average size for me has been 15 inches, 6 inches the smallest, 18 inches the biggest. My house is in 18-20 feet of water.

Good luck.

landscaper

how many people stop and put chains on their truck or atv?

walleye365

thanks for the info jd will let ya know how i do thanks agian