• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Carp-fisher

Starting Fluid question...?

Question

Carp-fisher

Is there a spray can starting fluid available with a straw like WD40?

Thanks,

Ben

5 answers to this question

Shack

None that I have!

If you switch out the nozzle from a can of break fluid spray (with the straw), it has worked on a starting fluid can for me in the past.

AJ

Buy a bottle of carb and choke cleaner (with the straw, red and white bottle). Will work great, and it is better for your engine, actually.

boatfixer

I know, I know,... we've all done it but resist using starting fluids in small engines, especially 2 cycles. Carb cleaner is better, but if you are having trouble starting something, look into the cause and fix it. OK OK OK, I'll get down now.

Ralph Wiggum

I know, I know,... we've all done it but resist using starting fluids in small engines, especially 2 cycles. Carb cleaner is better, but if you are having trouble starting something, look into the cause and fix it. OK OK OK, I'll get down now.

Maybe it's for his spud gun wink

cold one sd

I was thinking snot skyrocket.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• MarkB
      I haven't posted on the forum for a couple of years now, mainly because I don't have the opportunity to fish Vermilion on a regular basis anymore. With that said, I do have a bit of experience fishing that fabulous lake and, when I did fish the lake, I kept a fairly detailed journal of every day that I fished. Comparing only 6 years, from 2010 through 2015, it appears that I spent the majority of time during the first week in August, fishing only 2 places: the south shoreline of Birch point from the point where 15' of water starts to the channel that separates Strawberry Island and Birch point. Now that is quite a distance for a trolling run but I have consistently caught fish all along that area in 12-20' of water. You just have to fish it to find where they are any particular day. The second spot I fished was a hump that rises up to ~12' straight south of Moose Island. It's a fairly large hump and the surrounding water is ~ 25' deep. I liked to get right up on the hump especially if a slight west wind was blowing. Navionics chip will make the hump easy to find (approx. 1/4 mi south of Moose). My go-to bait in August is 1/2 crawler on a red Gamakatsu hook or a #4 Slow Death hook, 4'  fluorocarbon leader, and a 3/4 or 1 oz bottom bouncer. I placed a red bead above the hook and added a orange/yellow in line floater at times. If all fails, fish the same area with Shad Rap in Firetiger. Remember to stay trolling slow when rigging. .4-.6mph is about right.  Good Fishing, MarkB😀  
    • Rick
      Don't forget Rapidan.
    • Sofishticated
      Had a lot of luck catching cats this summer. The pre-spawn bite at the end of June was awesome! All fishing from shore. Slowed down the last couple of weeks, think they started spawning. All of these were caught from shore and in the 10-25 lbs range. Surprised I didn't hook into any bigger ones, I know they're in there. Been a lot of fun, though.  
    • Sofishticated
      I use the bitsey bug jigs with good success.   My personal favorite is a rebel craw crankbait. 
    • Sofishticated
      Struggled with the same thing on lakes around mankato. A bit of a drive but lake Hanska by new ulm has good access. Mostly do river fishing because of this.
    • Rick
      The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources will begin herbicide applications on select state lands to improve reforestation efforts. Applications will begin around August 15 and continue through approximately September 20 on select parcels in the Remer State Forest in the vicinity of the Pine Tree Hunter Walking Trail. Signs will be posted on all herbicide treatment sites. Adjacent landowners within a quarter mile of the treatment sites have already been notified. Herbicides will not be applied within 100 feet of any waterbody, following DNR herbicide application guidelines. The DNR plants trees on state lands to reforest harvested areas, provide wildlife habitat, protect watersheds, and maintain healthy forests. Part of the reforestation process involves applying herbicides to the harvested areas prior to or following tree planting. Herbicides are sprayed on the ground after reforestation to reduce competing woody vegetation. This gives tree seedlings a better chance to grow and survive. In smaller treatment areas, herbicides are sprayed from the ground.  In large treatment areas, helicopters do aerial spraying using precise GPS-guided mapping. The DNR uses minimal amounts of herbicide only when absolutely necessary. The DNR uses a non-neonicotinoid herbicide that has been proven safe for bees and other pollinators. This past spring in the DNR’s Deer River work area, the Forestry Division planted more than 14,000 seedlings on 60 acres, and an additional 118 acres were seeded. Statewide, more than 1.9 million seedlings were planted on state forest lands and more than 5,300 acres were seeded this year. For additional information on sites treated with herbicide in the Deer River work area, contact John Segari at 218-246-8343. More information about the DNR’s Forestry Division can be found on the DNR website at mndnr.gov/forestry. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • woody1975
    • Wanderer
      I haven’t seen it for a while so I couldn’t tell ya for sure, but I bet the Rum is high too with all the rain that’s come through central MN.  I used to live on it near Isanti up til 4 years ago, and have fished it from the Walbo access to nearly St. Francis.  The Miss in Central has been high most of the season so far.   You’d have more back water and oxbows to try on the areas around Walbo and that could be your saving grace if the water is high.  You run out of those once you get down to the Cambridge area.  The flip to that is I usually felt there were more pike and eyes through that range with the bass picking up once you got south of Isanti.   The deer flies will probably be horrendous around this time - FYI.  Just be prepared and you can manage.  Cover your head.  I wore a hoody even in the summer.  I haven’t been in thick deer flies with a HUK mask yet so I don’t know if they can do the same job.   If someone reports the water Is normal and clear, I’d hit it.  If not, I’d pick a lake.   Good luck!
    • JBMasterAngler
      I haven’t fished the “scummy rummy” in Isanti County area in well over 20 years. Since the St. Croix is too high for my liking this week, I was thinking of giving it a try again. What area is considered better bass waters? I think Walbo was the spot I fished back in the day, but I’m sure the river has changed since then.
    • Raven77