• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

fishing medic

Willmer-Spicer Area Fishing Reports

Pike_Master

Last week on calhoun by the access, there is a large pile of cattails. If you cast next to them, you will catch small sunfish and crappies, but when the evening comes, you will catch 11-13 inch crappies.

eyemaster

I got to Spicer and was told by someone in the campground that we should try the North shore of George lake. I went there and we did well. I kept the girls happy and that is what counts!!

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Griggs

Any updates on the smallies out on green? I'm getting the itch to catch some smallies, thanks!

TruthWalleyes

Theres a tourney this week on green, I've been told they are still pre-spawn.

LEECH21

Saw lots of fish still on beds on Monday.

CprForSmallies

Beware of the spot stealers!!! The silverado is this weekend and I've heard multiple credible reports from friends who stay on/near the lake that if some of the tournament guys see you boat a few fish they will motor up and gps your spot. But yea, the first wave of spawners are on the beds. It should be good bed fishing for the next two weeks.

Griggs

Great thanks for the info!

glenn57

looking to hopefully hit green for smallies sat, any new info? what about eyes?

chub

looking to hopefully hit green for smallies sat, any new info? what about eyes?

They're both biting!

glenn57

any suggestions on bait preferences? minnows---leeches?

chub

The leech and crawler bite seems to have taken off. I'm sure Red-tails or Shiner's would work good too, but it's easier to baby sit Leech's over minnows now grin

Caught Wallys from 20' down to 40'. Bass too.

glenn57

are the smallies still shallow? a week ago they said to fish near lone oak is that still ok? or is over by mill pond better?

chub

I'm sure there's bass there too. I haven't fished those areas. Been picking them up out offshore walleye fishing.

glenn57

thanks for your info. appreciate it.

glenn57

went to green sunday am. didnt do well. did not see a lot of smallies in the shallows. no eyes either.

bucketmouth64

my son and I are here and fished green Monday morning. Caught a few before being blown off the lake. We started off in front of the ole mill, then we trailered and went to the east end. Whole lake was way too windy to fish to our liking. We went to Nest and unloaded on the largemouth. My son's arms/shoulders are sore from catching so many fish. We fished around the landing area fishing the pads. Today (Tuesday) it's cloudy and we might try green again. If it ends up too windy again we will go to Nest.

Juan Grande

bucketmouth,

What were you using on Nest for largies, topwaters?

bucketmouth64

yup, topwater plastics. Today, we were on on the main lake the bass were hitting on plastic worms. Action was more sparse. Tougher bite.

MN Shutterbug

Is the fishing in this area that slow, or isn't anyone fishing anymore? Lets stimulate the Willmar area economy and start doing some bragging. wink There are a lot of good lakes in this area, so if you post your successes, nobody has to know where you are catching them. We'd just like to know if anybody is still fishing around here. Techniques are always fun to hear, also. What is working for the ones that are catching the fish in this hot weather? Are you having better luck in the evenings or mornings?

chub

Is the fishing in this area that slow?

Has been for me.

tjoutdoors

I fished Norway on Saturday for the Lake Association Sheephead tourney from 9 until 1. As the day wore on, the sheephead got hungrier. Mid afternoon is when they were the hungriest as we couldn't keep them off the shad raps as we leisurely trolled around the lake looking for hungry walleyes. My dad got a 10" sunfish on a shad rap earlier in the morning. Nice fish!

meatfish

sunfish shallow 4-8ft,on a slipbobber, jig, green white or orange and a chunk of leech,Large mouth, 10-16 ft weeds,mimic minnow,jig and crawler, leech or minnow,lindy ,little joe.,Northern pike,speed troll large spoons, large raps or large spinners on first break weed lines(when you think it is fast enough kick it up a notch).Small mouth mid lake flats 6-10 ft, rock piles 8-12ft or steep breaks(some are suspended over deep water) on just about any thing.Walleye are every where, shads shallow, most luck has been 22-30 ft sand flats on weed lines near steep breaks on lindy,leech,crawler or minnow or a white or green jig and a fathead(when you find them,stay on top of them,slow, slow slow)or anchor and jig em or slip bobber.Crappie, work breaks or suspended on flats,white twister, beetle spin or slip bobber and grey tube and a crappie minnow.For your larger species do not be afraid to anchor 14-20ft and slip bobber with a plain hook an the biggest minnow you can find.Tulibee suspended at 20ft on 45ft flats on a large spoon and a drop rig.Cats,been seeing large ones shallow,3-10ft,but can't seem to hook one(guess I gotta catch some bullies or crayfish).Jumbo perch,??? if you find em let me know.Thats all I got to say about that.

MN Shutterbug

Meatfish, thanks for the report. It's good to see someone in the area knows how to catch'em. winkgrin

Quagmire*

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

meatfish

Quagmire.I must have way too much time on my hands(must be why my family eats fish every day if we choose)thanks for your opinion,it means so very much to me.gigidy,gigidy gigidy.

sunfish,with the heat they moved off the beds and I am finding them on adjacent weed lines or weed piles 8-12ft,large mouth same area on winter jigs and a chunk of leech.There are walleye slightly deeper than that,plain hook and a chub,fathead or sucker.I am also catching walleye on north or NE facing inside corners on steep breaks.When I find them on the sand and they won't bite I double anchor pull out the vex,buck shot and a minnow head or a jig and a full minnow.Crappie first break,tall weeds.If you find the kelp it holds multi species but the dnr or lake assoc. sprayed a lot of it.small mouth on the edges of the humps and holes or rocks.

MN Shutterbug

Now that the long weekend is over, there must be a ton of good (or not so good), fishing reports. C'mon guys. Fess up. wink

tjoutdoors

Terrible fishing for me on Norway Lake on the 4th. Could hardly get a sheephead to bite. Found fish on the locator but they wouldn't bite on anything in my tacklebox. Sure was a nice day for fishing though!

b-fish

was on norway too. Nothing

carpshooterdeluxe

norway/games...."family day" with the future inlaws out on the pontoon produced us a few keeper gills and some bass for a small fish fry yesterday. bite was better on games, but size was better on norway. i spent most of the afternoon baiting 3 & 5 year old kids' hooks, but managed to get a couple hundred casts out with spinners and raps. had a few really nice pike give some follows, but they were moving pretty lazy, and only one actually took a whack at the xrap about 4 feet from the boat.

jigginjim

tj, you guys try pulling plugs? Do like Eugene C. and Jimmy R. had done, at Dilley's. Take 16ft boat, put 4 guys in with gear, add 5hp motor. Now run it wide open you going just fast enough to catch some fish. grin I may bring my brother out on Norway to try for some walleyes and pike.