• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Willmer-Spicer Area Fishing Reports

Last time i fished on green was morning of the 24. Drilled holes and sat up portable there was roughly an inch of water above the ice wonddring what others found. And the 4 wheeler had a hard time getting around sure would hate to have a stationary out.

No one really "plows" as a public service or anything. Most of the roads on the lakes are just from guys going in and out all the time with there trucks.

Green lake has lots of roads that get plowed.....but they are usually plowed by someone that wants to make a path to their house! All the area lakes usually have a road or two plowed depends on how nice poeple with plows on their trucks or fourwheelers are feeling!

Sure it was "plowed" but it is not maintained on any type of schedual, mostly they are plowed by guys going to there fish houses. If they aren't fishing that area this year or got sick of everyone followig the easy way out right to there front door they won't be plowed this year.

Anybody been fishing? Anyway to get on the ice with a small stationary on any of those lakes? (7x8) Caught a couple on Lizy and a couple on kandi about 10 days. Thats my update, not much.

thanks

Went out on Diamond last Tuesday evening before the snows came. 6-8" of ice where I was fishing, which was an area I like to try and get away from where the haphazard 'towns' typically develop. Had fun catching what seemed like 100 VERY small perch, and had a few little baby 'eyes show up. Nothing at all of keeper size, and none of the crappies enjoyed over the last couple of years, but fun nonetheless.

Curious to hear what the ice is like. With all of this wet, heavy snow, and warmer temperatures, I would imagine getting out is enough of an issue. Have the ice conditions deteriorated at all? Can anyone confirm.

CF

Was out on Green this afternoon, but only out a couple hundred yards from shore. 9+ inches of ice where I was at. Water like crazy after holes drilled. Wouldn't want a permanent out... but plenty of others further out. ATV's and snowmobiles only. Dead sea fish-wise for me. Been a tough fishing season so far.

was on Green as well this weekend and blocked up the house (with water surrounding as well). ice seemingly fine. there were some slush pockets here and there to drive the atv through but was decent getting out.

sorry 5crazykids but we scored some walleyes and had some pike action around 530pm

Was out on Andrew today and what a mess. There is about an inch+ of water on the ice and when you cut a hole the water was coming up. The ice appeared to be not quite 12 inches. Someone had plowed a road to get a house out but it was pretty much drifted in already. Fishing was slow, 1 northern and a couple perch.

Ventured up to Norway yesterday from 9am to dark. Got burried with atv in slush after going off the road.. Stuck for an hour, covered in ice, ATV is a block of ice now.. Finely got fishing and only graphed a few fish but no biters all day.. Tried from 17 feet to 10 feet. Was not a good day over all. Some spots are slushy and others are froze all through.

Are there any accesses open to get out there with a 7x8 stationary on Diamond, Norway or kandi? Is the ice bad? Been under the weather over the holidays and havent had the chance yet to explore. Thanks for any info.

Have'nt been out since before christmas, I worked all weekend. Going out to Diamond this afternoon, I will keep you posted.

Went out on Diamond New Year's Eve from about 4:00-8:00. Was dragging a portable by hand, and unfortunately didn't make it out as deep as we would normally like to be. Cleared some snow away and drilled a hole. Water came 2"+ over the ice. Stomped down some snow and gave it another shot. I estimate the ice as 9" thick.

A few vehicles out on the ice, but it sure would be a rough deal to get caught in the foot of snow out there once blazing a trail off of the beaten path (which isn't very beaten).

We marked fish most of the night, and ended up with two dinks in the house.

I would imagine that the weather over the weekend and this week is going to make us some more ice. We'll see how motivated I get to head back out...

Thanks for the updates.

CF

norway has a packed road that will allow you to get out but going off of the road looked like a pretty good way to get stuck on friday. i know the slush has pretty much frozen down on george so it should be good by now. i don't about other lakes but i wouldn't dare drive a vehicle on george since i don't think we've added much ice since the snow but other lakes might be better since it seemed like norway had plenty of ice.

we fished norway from 3-5 on new years day in 6 ft of water. only saw one crappie on the cam and no biters. the road was driveable but it was pretty slushy once you got off of it. i'd imagine it froze pretty well by now though.

we've been on norway for a while now....right around 14"...

time to leave now that the town has surrounded us....unfortunetly my house is frozen stiff....time for a good blowtorch and pry-bar.

Was out on diamond yesterday. Went out off the west access and fished the north side, there was 12" of ice, used tape measure, Caught a few little perch in 16'of water. There was'nt any slush where I was fishing but we hit a slush pocket on the way off the lake, definatly need 4+4 truck to get around. Nobody out in the middle of the lake yet, I know that was the last part to freeze over, could be iffy for truck travel, but it's got to be close.

It is. You were a couple years behind me in high school and I was a roommate in college with your bride's cousin.

How thick is the ice on the lakes you have fished? Went to Alabama after christmas so I haven't been out fishing since before christmas. Just wondering what you are seeing where you are fishing. Is the slush frozen under the snow? Is the snow a problem getting around in?

I was on Green yesterday. When I got off of a trail there was still water under the snow. Even while walking I would bust through the snow into the layer of water. I didn't venture to far off of the trail after that. Even with 4WD I don't think I would venture too far off of a trail. BTW I never had a bite!!

Was out there today for a house removal mission. It was a fail. The crusty snow made it near impossible to get around "off trail". Once momentum is lost and your tires spin and break through, your done.

Come on spring!