• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Willmer-Spicer Area Fishing Reports

I worked a lot of spots and had little luck. Managed 2 'eyes

Friday evening and a couple of nice crappies. Marked a lot of

fish and bait fish, but even the sheepies were slow. And the

sunfish have been none existant. I can't figure it out. It also seems, like last year, that a lot of sunnies and crappies

didn't even spawn. Anyone else notice this the past 2 years?

This was on Norway.

Yeah JJ, the old man pulled plugs on Thursday night and Friday morning early but caught only a couple sheephead. That tactic was working for us thru most of June but that bite seems to have died off as well. The hunt for panfish was on over the 4th.

I have found fish hanging out in deeper water. Sometimes they hit quick, other times you can hang the bait on their lip and they won't eat it. The weather patterns have not helped any.

• 2 weeks later...

not saying to follow my lead, but was fishing green in 7 ft for panfish and noticed whitetips swimming down below. switched set up and literally nailed 3 nice eyes in about 15minutes. went out to the same spot later that evening with fall and spring piggie tackle and boated what was close to 7 lber. no alcohol involved in participating or telling of this story.

going to be heading up and staying on green this weekend. have been up there already this summer and have just caught small bluegills. Looking to get into something other than small bluegills. I.E. walleyes smallmouth largemouth and possibly some crappies. not looking for exact locations of where to fish just the general area and what type of technique you would recommend.

ill be visiting my dad in willmar this weekend and last time we tryed alot of lakes around there with very little success. we tryed games for pike with no results also hit calhoun, on just someones word that there were pike, that lake is way to shallow and weedy for me but we caught lots of bass on both lakes but that was it. then went to Nest lake and i boated a 37inch pike, i love catching big pike but we are looking for numbers plus i would like to get my dad on some fish. or any lakes that have a decent walleye bit going on or crappies for my little cousin that we taking out on saturday. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

husker, your best plan would be to pay 50 bucks, enter the tourney, and follow leech around the lake. more seriously though, go out to one of the hundred or so mid lake humps or bars, start on the top and work your way off the sides and even into the adjacent flats if needed. similarly there are miles of deep weedlines(12 to 15 ft) to work. i would approach both the same...just start throwing plastics, varying size, depth, type of retrieve, ect.. during the summer i usually switch to live bait after i find active fish.

Right now northern fishing has been slow. I'm pretty sure why not much feedback. Water temps are in the mid 60's on Green and the northerns aren't active yet on plugs. You can catch some on cranks in 15-22' but the real slam has yet to start(at least for me). I heard about a decent big sunfish bite on Diamond but dont have any more info than that. Walleyes are starting to show up on Green in 30' or so but lots of bait, reports are hit & miss

wow guess asking for a little report is asking to much. gonna find a different site then.

You have to realize that a lot of people aren't doing a lot of fishing right now. It's kind of the mid summer slack. You can't expect too much for responses in just 24 hours. You just have to have a little patience. grin

It took me a day and a half just for someone to cue me into where there was a baitshop near Big Cormorant lake, north of Pelican Rapids.

Haha! I was out twice this week trying to pre-fish for the tourney and the only thing I can say is that I eliminated a lot of water!

Fishing been slow for us. Right now my goal is not to get last place on Saturday!

yup im with x tackleman the only way to get a response fast is to have a interesting title and good wording... like minnow trappin need to give it time.. im heading off to lakeandrew mon thru wednesday.. any thing happening on that lake?? dont need to tell what species but just if anything is bitin..

What Lake Andrew are you talking about? I've fished Andrew by Willmar and Andrew by Alex. I'm unaware of any Andrew around here.

was out on Point yesterday, trolling around. ended up catching 4 slimmers. 1-20"er, 1-24"er 1-261/2"er and a 29"er. not too bad for 2 hours.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this was a fishing forum. I know alot of people read this and alot of you are out there fishing. So maybe if I share some info, some of you would too. Eagle lake west side, with spinners. Its a mix bag, walleye, bass, northerns. I showed you mine were's yours?

Fished Green last 2 evenings pulling cranks 1-18" & 1-13" eye a couple of small norts & a couple of bass on Wed. 1-25" eye on Thur about same as Wed with norts & bass. The 3 eyes were caught on different pcs of structure in 24-27'. Thats the depths I've seen the most bait/activity. I think the lake must of froze out as I'm not seeing very many game fish smile

WELL I CAN SHARE THIS THAT I HAVEN'T EVEN PUT THE BOAT IN THE WATER THIS YEAR YET.....WHAT A SHAME...JUST BUSY WITH WORK......

GOT COUPLE OF BOATS THAT I LIKE TO RUN THE MOTORS OF, MAY BE NICE TO TROLL AND FISH smile

Was out on Green last night and this morning. Pulling cranks in 15' to 20'on breaks.

Alot of northerns and bass. No eyes for me. The fish seem to want a fast presentation. When you think your going fast enough kick it up a notch.

WELL I CAN SHARE THIS THAT I HAVEN'T EVEN PUT THE BOAT IN THE WATER THIS YEAR YET.....WHAT A SHAME...JUST BUSY WITH WORK......

All work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy. grin

Nobody catching any eyes...just out with boys and talked to DNR..just bass and slimer...thought this cool weather would trigger.

walleye are always biting on green.Just gotta be out there where they are when they are biting.When I am catchin em I see maybe 1 or 2 boats out(one boat I see stops to dip a few times and he is gone)You folks are pullin the plug too early.And most are fishin too deep.I see people pullin plugs but 2 mph aint fast enough.For me I like to fish at dark for 1 hour and catch a few rather than all day for one and all the pike and bass one wants.very soon it will pick up.In the morning if you see the sun you missed em,in the eve if you see the sun you are too early.Ya got two hours of prime time a day.I am having ok luck in the 8.5-11.5 depth on long gradual breaks on the wind blown shore lines pullin # 5 shads.11-15ft I use # 7.I have had the best luck on crawfish.If you want to catch walleye in the day light I would find the broadleaf weeds,kelp,and slip bobber or jig a leach in 14-17ft or drop a big minnow into 35-42,but at 20 bass and northerns to one walleye bait is too spendy.