• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Willmer-Spicer Area Fishing Reports

Fished this weekend and it is Dog Days. We spent much of our time swimming and tubing. We did find some pretty good bluegill fishing in 8 feet of water Saturday eve/night 8pm - 9 pm. We had a few crappies mixed in taking leeches under a cork as well. Time for me to get the speedtrolling gear ready.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Made it out yesterday first time in a few weeks. Really nice day out there. Kept one walleye , caught two. Released ten northerns 2 to 5 lbs. Was fun wish we could have got more eyes.

• 3 months later...

any reports so far on kandi? heard some reports on wagonda and lake lillian. little scary yet....be careful

skinman

fished wagonda friday night sat morning 4" caught just SMALL ones

checked ringo Sunday afternoon 3-4" but chisel went thought first drop

real soft. I think it will be a few days before I try it again (think cold)

stoped by there yesterday ice was melted 5' out from the shore,also the wind opened it up in a few spots. looks like it will be a while

Were you checking the north or south side? I stopped by the north side yesterday about noon and it was more like 30' out from shore.

Games had about 3-4 and the middle was closing up yesterday. Might try a few tip-ups not far out in the shallows (4-5 feet) on Saturday if the weather holds while watching them from shore.

deerminator, I'll be up this weekend at my parents place next to park access. I'm going to be doing some snooping around on the ice too. I'm not to optimistic but I'll take a look. I'll likly hit a few friends places and walk some pheasants but I'd sure like to ice fish. I guess I'll see what mother nature has decided. Good luck.

Yeah, good luck to you too. I'm not doing anything dumb. I'm going to assess the situation tomorrow. With the 40 degree temp today, the lake might have opened up again some but there's no wind and its going to be colder these next few days minus any snow we get. Again, I'm not planning on going out very far if I do and not in water that goes past my chest really. More of testing things out than really fishing. And there's a good chance I won't even do that.

Deerminator, I'm with you I'll be on the ice maybe tonight to see whats next to shore. That will let me know if there is any chance getting out on the ice Saturday. I can't help it I'm like a little kid shaking presents under the tree but thats what makes hunting and fishing so great in my mind. Good luck and if you see a guy next to the access by the park thats probable me so say hello.

Be careful, I fished out of a boat last night on a shallow and over 2/3 of the lake was open. The wind died down and it started making ice instantly so we got off the lake. I would imagine with the wind and warm temps the ice is going to be pretty unpredictable.

I would agree. I tested it out at lunch today and found it to be 3-4 inches from our shore less than 100 feet out. It got thinner the further I went. That said, the lake is open in spots and still not froze over in some spots so I think I'll wait. Keep in mind the deepest I was, was about 4 feet and I had my ice picks and cell phone with me.I'll give it another week or two at least at this point. If we stay cold, and keep the snow to a minimum, hopefully we'll have walkable ice soon. Stay safe if you do go out.

deerminator, I'll be up with my boys this weekend. I'll be checking the ice and seeing if getting out is going to happen this weekend. I have a few thoughts on where I would like to start. If you interested you can send me an email at [email protected]. Thanks, good luck and stay safe.

careful where you go. we were also on wagonda last night and only had 4" (off the north access)

i heard there are permanents out from the south access though..

Can anyone answer the question "How's the water?" I'll be out tomorrow a.m. I'm thinking based on the Mayan Calendar the world ends tomorrow at 5:33 a.m. I may as well be on the lake for the grand finale. Whats the Mayan word for walleye?

I'll put out an update on what I find next week should the Mayan prediction be false. Otherwise Valle Con Dios Amigos!

Thank god the mayan calendar was a bit off. Found a few pheasants and even a few fish. Ice last night was around 9-10 and we are driving atv's. Good luck.

Diamond has a few perms out 4 wheelers,We never saw and cars ,trucks out not even tracks.Midlake its 6-9 inches,where it always freezes slowly.

We caught fish when it got quiet ,trucks with 24 ft houses driving fast really cracked i had 11 to 12 inches of ice ,im not ready to drive, be safe!

hows ice on Green? don't want to make the long drive out if I cant get the truck out there yet. thanks for the info!