• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Willmer-Spicer Area Fishing Reports

Why is everyone so tight lipped, telling where isn't going to put them on the fish or ensure they will bite. Why use the site if you aren't willing to help out fellow sportspeople.

"light travels faster than sound... thats why some people appear bright until you hear them Speak!"

Listing lakes around here with a decent bite is kinda foolish. Word gets around plenty good without naming specifics on the world wide web. That being said, see you on the ice Gonna try a spot the old fashined way. Go out and take my chances. If it pays off, I'll post a report. whistle

Why is everyone so tight lipped, telling where isn't going to put them on the fish or ensure they will bite. Why use the site if you aren't willing to help out fellow sportspeople.

"light travels faster than sound... thats why some people appear bright until you hear them Speak!"

I think everyone has seen what posting a bite and lake can do with the internet.Turns it into a mad mad place and depletes alot of fish for summer fishing!!!

been meaning to chime in on this for a while, but do not want this to get into a spat about he said she said. everybody knows what can happen to a lake like diamond. was the internet to blame for this....no .......did the internet make this worse..... probably....but this lake would have been hammered regardless. as a general rule of thumb i personally use....the bigger the lake the more info, the smaller the lake the less. who really cares if you tell people the fish are biting on the bigger lakes, you still have to go find them and even if you can find them, you still have to catch them. a smaller crappie lake with one deep hole. on the other hand, can be harmed. but the problem is not so much the internet, it is the fact that too many people keep too many fish. there is another train of thought when it comes to the internet and naming lakes.....NAME THEM ALL. the more information spread the less likely one lake will get hit. give people a little bit of info on all the lakes around and people will go out and try different lakes for the opportunities each one provides instead of just chasing around the what they think is the secret hot bite. i would like to thank everyone who has posted on this forum, because of the early snow, bad ice, and 4 year old fishing partner i set up on the pond this year, and am not able to help facilitate conversation on the forums as i would like. this is a great area to fish and hope that this forum can find a level of discourse that will make people comfortable in joining and participating. this summer i would like to have an hso get together here and wondering if people think they could set aside a half day and attend. i think it would be a great way to get people to get to now each other and break some of the ice on this forum. please chime in if you would be interested.

I would never ask anyone to post where they are catching fish, and I would never post a hotspot myself, but i think its kinda funny when people post things like "I caught over 50 crappies and some sunnies in one day, they were up to 14 inches." Not gonna say where I caught them, just want everyone on the internet to know I caught them! Why even post info like that if the location is a huge secret? And did you actually measure the crappies? Cause its pretty hard to find a real 14 inch crappie anywhere but Red lake 5 years ago. All I know is if I go out and catch a limit of eyes, I dont jump on the net and say "Just caught my limit of Walleyes. Not gonna say where or when, just want everyone to know I caught them!"

Well I went out to Green today with my son to catch some "sharks and snakes". I marked a few fish did not catch anything. Good thing is the boy still had fun on the ice scoopin snow and just running around in general.

There are only a couple lakes in the Willmar/Spicer area that are capable of producing or are producing Crappies up to 14 inches right now...if you are from around here you know what lakes they are!

Geez tough crowd in here. If the lake name is not a big deal what ya complainig about? I dont see you posting telling people what lake your getting your fish on. Thought posting the success i had would get some people excited to go out,my bad. Sorry guys yes i can use a tape measure. One thing i will mention is help people out who are stuck, makes me sick to watch so many people drive by others who are stuck takes a couple minutes to help out and both can be on there way.

I second that...pls help the guys stuck in the snow....this year we all know that we have plenty of snow and people stuck.

J.

pushbotton, are you thinking of a fish fry on the ice......I know I was looking into bring couple of deep fryers and have people bring the fish to dunk into it.......

J.

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to get out fishing on Florida yesterday. Travel on the lake is not too bad. I was using a snowmobile however I did see tracks made by a truck out there. Getting on will be the hardest part because snow is deepest on the north access. I did not see any slush on the ice.

I caught a few perch that is about it. First time fishing the lake so I prospecting for fish.

Good fishing to you all.

• 2 weeks later...

Well Wakanda might have froze out but its coming back nicely. There is fish in the and at a catchable and keepable size.

Any updates on Wakanda?

Any updates on Wakanda?

DEEEEEEEAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

gringrin

Think the number I'm hearing is 98 percent.

Big changes on the horizon.

Awwww, that's too bad.

It's almost like maybe the last 20 years of mgmt haven't really been all that effective.

Square peg, round hole?

If wakanda has an aerator why is it freezing out so much? thought it froze out just a few years ago as well

If wakanda has an aerator why is it freezing out so much? thought it froze out just a few years ago as well

2nd time in three years for winterkill. The lake and the watershed in general have major issues. There are those trying to rectify or atleast improve that situation.

The lake and those near it could be the duck lakes they once were, and there's an outside chance things could be heading that way again.

Hopefully it happens.

If wakanda has an aerator why is it freezing out so much? thought it froze out just a few years ago as well?

Some things just aren't meant to be.

• 1 month later...

drove around to a lot of the popular shore fishing crappie spots today and it was really, really slow. hopefully it will be better after it warms up this week.

My two first go to spots look to be well over a week out. Going to head down next weekend to give it a shot though. Will at least get some suckers for the smoker and do battle with some monster carp.

Well i hope there is going to be fish around, I have a lot of work i should be doing instead wink

I've been wanting to can some suckers. Anywhere else in the area that is good to check out to try to catch some?

Would look for shallow current areas: in flows, out flows, feeder creeks, channels, d a m s ect....

Well, it has been since Nov. 3rd since i have been out on open water and after two 60 degree days could not wait any longer......i should have. Two guys and only 4 crappies and about a dozen bass crazy Found temps anywhere from low 40's to about 50 in the shallow bays. Going to stick with my previous guessimate of about 1 to 2 weeks before the fish are ready to cooperate.

• 4 weeks later...

Guess i was wrong with my previous guestimate. Finally, after a long cold month, the fish are starting to cooperate. Spent the last three days on Green and things are looking up. While a little early yet, the walleyes have been tentatively biting at night in about 10 ft. Big crappies are going in the warmest water you can find. Started getting sliced off by the pike. Saw monster carp hitting the bugs and smallies smacking topwater schools of perch. Smaller gills are showing up and can't keep the largemouth off any presentation. Would assume green weeds will start showing up within a week, which should draw even more bait fish in shallow. If Green is just starting, would assume the other shallower lakes will be good to go by this weekend. Have not seen a lot of traffic, and if you have been waiting to get out, looks like now would be a great time to do so!

I will be on green this weekend, have not fished it for about 15 years but will try locating some fish anyways. What works best now for bait? cralers, fatheads, leech's. Thanks. will be fishing out of a Black Pro-Craft and staying at the co. park.