• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Willmer-Spicer Area Fishing Reports

good ice even with all the new snow?

just purchased a king crow, are there any stationary fish houses out yet?

SKINMAN, how'd you decide on a King Crow fishouse vs an Ice Castle?? I've been up to Kingston a couple of times but haven't decided to pull the trigger - yet. What size did you end up with?

went to waganga the other night as well, tried everything i could imagine and only ended up with a little 8 in bull head.

Lake must have really been hit hard with the freeze a couple years back.

Yeah, that's really a bummer that Wakanda froze out.

Too bad DNR isn't smart enough to invest their money more wisely . . .

Like stocking pheasants or mallards!

Well Wakanda might have froze out but its coming back nicely. There is fish in the and at a catchable and keepable size.

Fishing has been just nuts on Diamond. Fished the north bay and had a night I'll never forget with nice walleyes. Caught a limit of 15"-19" inchers and released a 22", 25.5", 28.25", and a 29". Absolutely crazy! Have never had a night like that in my life! Just wish I could have cracked that 30" mark. Wish every fisherman could have experienced a night like that! That's probably why I'm sharing this info...I usually don't, but it's almost too good to be true!

Sounds like a great night sure would be nice to see some pics of those big eyes. Thats alot of fish might have to tell the buddys and get out there and it it hard hopefully get into some big crappies also. Little cold for drilling alot of holes but worth it to catch that see you there tonight. HA HA

I just drove by Diamond all around it,There may be 10 12 shacks out there on the whole lake.None grouped up. They are scattered that N bay I saw 3?4 shacks out there 100-200 yds apart.Normally if a bite is going out there, there would be lots more activity.Not saying its a bad report maybe word hasnt got out????????

cmon diamonds been over fished for several winters now, very hard to believe, but just the same there be lots of houses out there soon im sure, they driving on diamond yet?

Fishing has been just nuts on Diamond. Fished the north bay and had a night I'll never forget with nice walleyes. Caught a limit of 15"-19" inchers and released a 22", 25.5", 28.25", and a 29". Absolutely crazy! Have never had a night like that in my life! Just wish I could have cracked that 30" mark. Wish every fisherman could have experienced a night like that! That's probably why I'm sharing this info...I usually don't, but it's almost too good to be true!

Leech, you're either on to something, or on something.

I doubt you every go out without your camera and have always backed up your impressive stories with proof. Forgive me for calling [PoorWordUsage] on this one. Great job if I'm wrong.

So how are the lakes in the willmar/atwater area...elizabeth/ella/lillian/diamond. Sounds you guys had a little less snow than the hutch area. Can you get around easily with a 4-wheeler? How much ice? Any slush? Vehicle traffic on any lakes? Thanks for any info..would like to get my 6x12 out this weekend!

USMtsrocks the previous post sum it up lots of slushy spots. A ruck went through on lizzy on Sat morning. And a Fish house went through on big Kandi today. Diamond is also very slushy and ice varies quite a bit. If you pull out a stationary good luck.

With all the snow and slush pockets i wish the whole dang sheet of ice would sink, slush over and re-freeze.

most slush pockets have refroze now, however it hasent made any new ice in over a week 10 inches tops where I fished tonight, still alot of weight on the ice flooded a 30 foot radias around my portable from the 2 holes i drilled, on a good not the fish cooperated well alot of small eyes, but some just big enuf for the frying pan

slush and patchy ice everywhere. Also, on my walk back to the truck last night on some vehicle paths (so i know no-one had been fishing there all day) i walked right into a 10" hole, probably from the night before but one sure would think it would have been iced over by now...

more snow neat! ya its almost like the water under the ice is very warm id swear the ice went from 13 inches to about 10 inches since last thursday, my holes from last night should stay open now for a week with this new snow

Leech, you're either on to something, or on something.

I doubt you every go out without your camera and have always backed up your impressive stories with proof. Forgive me for calling [PoorWordUsage] on this one. Great job if I'm wrong.

Absolutley true story. I was by myself and went to take a pic with my camera (which I always have with) of the first bigger wallye and it wouldn't turn on. I don't know if the cold did something to the batteries or what? Believe me, I was a little ticked off...and by the end of the night I was really ticked off because I knew without pics none of my buddies would believe me either. I thought about using my phone camera, but then remembered my phone is a cheap POS phone. So believe if ya want to, call a bluff if you choose, either way I know I got them that night. And also for the record, went out the next night and caught 2 puny eyes...thats it. So since then, I have moved off of Diamond lake.

I had my previous digital camera freeze up and die on me on the Rainy a few years ago. Got a Pentax Optio (waterproof, freezeproof, bulletproof, so far) and haven't missed any pix b/c of weather since. Might throw it on your Christmas list. That was a once in a lifetime nite for that lake / area for sure. Nice job.

• 2 weeks later...

Been out the last three days figured better get in as much as possible before the rain. Went to 3 different lakes and kept fish from all. The walleyes seemed really aggressive if they bit. Or watching on camera they would swim on by. But it was fun and it was nice out sat outside all times out.

• 3 weeks later...

Was out on Green fishing yesterday. Ended up with three walleyes. Had to work for them. The three we got were right after we punched holes on a piece of structure. After that we did not see anything or they would just look and not bite. Fish were nice and plump.

• 2 weeks later...

Made it out fishing this morning and fish were aggressive. Caught over 50 crappies and kept 2 limits with some sunnies in the mix also. Caught many different size of crappies from 6" to 14". We kept from 10" to 11.5". it is hard to imagine the size difference from a 9" what alot of people keep, and a 12" or even an 11" . The meat seems like it doubles from them couple inches. Going back out tonight and try for some walleyes on another lake hopefully they are going also. good luck.