• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Willmer-Spicer Area Fishing Reports

fished nest in the day.....trolled for northern, 5.5 ft seemed to be the sweet spot. most were in the low 20's with largest around 28, they were pretty thick on the wind swept east end. marked fish out in 14 ft or so...went back out this evening with minnows and crawlers not knowing what they were.....crappies, they were suspended about 5 to 7 ft down hanging out over deeper weed pockets. a few hit 11, but most were 7 to 9 inch range.

went out on green after dark and pitched fatheads into the shallows, as previous reports, just smaller 10 to 15 inch eyes and a few roaming crappies. huge schools of fish being marked in the 30 ft. range, would assume they are bass.....

I was also on green tonight caught some eyes kept three. Should start keeping northerns couldnt keep them off the hook but their so small and bony, oh well fun to catch. Water temp 65 or less.

Fished a bass tourney out on Green on Sunday. Tough fishing with the wind. Winning weight was just over 21 pounds with 6 fish.

at sun up the last two days saw a lot of smallies rolling in about 10 ft....would assume they were chasing schools of minnows. never got out and fished for them, but was fun watching...looked like dolphin pods. looks like the early bird with some topwater gear might have some fun.

i am a fair weather fisherman, and the last few weeks picking on the pike, really dialed in on them on nest and jr. and i are having a blast. would think they are active right now on a lot of the local lakes in the shallow weeds. here is a fatty in the upper 20's, full of fish in its belly, you can actually see one if you look at the picture closely.

full-27018-1262-0918001859.jpg

that happened to be on Nest, hard not to catch them on Green as well. due to my small light boat, we fish Nest when wind is out of the south or east and Green when it is blowing from the north or west. fish lakes in the st cloud area as well, and all of them are producing pike as well right now....while each lake is a little different, same general patterns of shallow(4 to 10)and weeds. just troll over the tops in the weed flats. as far as what you are trolling or pitching, cant imagine it would matter much, would think you could put a treble on a piece of beer can and find some takers....not the most particular fish smile

Hit Green lake today with my sister and my 2 boys and did OK. Sis caught a fat 20" walleye, and the rest of us caught perch. Walleye came out of 18' on a yellow and orange jig with a silver twister tail tipped with a piece of crawler. Surprised the heck out of me when she pulled it up it was mid afternoon no clouds and nearly any breeze.

Took the boat for a brief after-work cruise last night on Nest. Caught one hammer handle who thought he was about 10 times the size he really was while casting around the southern shore. Trolled for a while with no success, but marked several schools of fish in deeper water (15-20 ft). I am guessing they were perch or crappie, and will likely try to find out for sure this evening if the wind doesn't pick up too much.

CF

Anyone having any luck? Went back out to Nest, and other than some bait-stealing perch, don't have much to write home about.

was out on green over the weekend, for probably the last time, got quite a bit of action in the 15 ft range on the weed edge on the western shore. trollling #7 shad raps. lots of smaller pike, some smaller(eater) eyes, and suprisingly only one smallie. never really found the big eyes i had grown accustomed to on the lake, all fall hit the spots that have produced in the past and just kept getting smaller fish. just goes to show that every year is different!

Was out on a local lake the past 3 nights. Jig and a minnow is the answer. 1 hour before dark and an hour or so after dark is all it takes to get a few.

Since this weekend is going to be to hot to go bow hunting I was thinking about maybe heading to Green to try for some walleyes. Anybody have any tips or anybody feel like going fishing, the boat is still ready to go with a full tank of gas and an empty seat.

I made it out to Green on Sun. morn. Caught 6 in a couple hours. Lindy rign crawlers in 30ish fow. Good luck.

Oh yeah...went to Green for bass earlier that morning...and after 4 hours of not even a bite, moved to this lake where the pike were going.

i got this the other night. 34 inches. shore fishing on willmar lake.full-32043-2357-northern.jpg

took it off my cell phone so i dont know how good it will look.

• 1 month later...

Got the my first walleye of the ice season tonight sure was fun. Came in watched it come up and bamm sure gets the heart rate going, nice fat 17". Be careful out there,the ice sure was making some sound tonight.

Been out the past few days for walleye's.

Waganga / nothing

Norway / was really good

Solomon / very slow

Eagle / Decent

I noticed you tried Waganga. When did that lake freeze/smother out.... 2 years ago? I was wondering if they were going to total kill it to rid it of the carp and start fresh or try and bring it back. It was always a favorite early ice lake of mine.