• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Breaking News...Chicago Bears Fan comes to the aid of Queens!

Windy City Walleye Hunter

Well,

We just did it. I called a buddy of mine who is a huge Eagles fan (why I can not figure out since he lives here in the Windy) but he is and we just went on line and picked up two ticket on the friggin 20 yard line in the first 20 rows!!!

Now I have to go out and get some Eagles wear for the game.

Should you Queens fans get lucky enough to have Eagles fans and corporations from the area bail you out you will have me to thank as well as you are all watching the game from the comfort of your homes! I will be cheering for the Eagles but will have my Bears jersey on underneath it just for the end of the game. You can look for the one person in the stadium wearing a Bears jersey and you will know that is me! Game On!

Windy

Way to go Windy, a Bears fan saves the day. Now I can watch the game since my local channels are Mpls stations. 10.gif

Way to go Windy...its funny, the remarks from the other thread. Yeah, they are right, no tickets to see mcarthy shovel his drive, but then again, no chance at tickets to packer games unless I sign up now so my GRAND KIDS can get them. And people wonder why I think this so called "rivalry" between the Pack and Vikes is a sham. No way in gods green earth a playoff game at Soldier field OR Lambeau field doesn't sellout the day tickets go on sale.

Wear your Bears gear buddy! You payed for the ticket.

Sorry Queens fans...its lame. I'll root for them because its our division, but as soon as they loose, I'll be laughing till my ribs hurt.

REAL Packer fans are proud of 2-14 as long as the 2 wins are against Da Bears!

Windy, I highly doubt that out of the 3,000 tickets left today that you would get such a prime ticket. If you would have said row 50 of 50, upper deck with a support I beam in your field of view I would believe you.

Hate to back Windy Blagojevich up here but a lot of the unsold Tickets were season ticket holders who chose not to pony up. So there were a lot of good seats available.

Frankly I wish MOST of the Season ticket holders wouldn't purchase their Playoff tickets.

We need some fresh blood in the Dome and with some new excited fans at the game tomorrow it should be a good crowd!

there haven't been any upper deck seats available for a few days...all the seats left were good one on the lower level.

Yay, we are proud of the green bay packer fans for having a 60 year waiting list. I hate to break it to you but i am no less a fan for not buying season tickets for the vikings than the season ticket holder for the packers. I choose to take the $2,000-3,000 and put it toward fishing trips and such and leave those 8 sundays in the fall open to the possibility of prime fishing and hunting. I had no plans on attending the game tomorrow but a friend of mine called with an extra ticket so i'll be up there after all.

I'm telling you guys the truth. The tix are in section 107 and are in the first 20 rows. And they were only $160 each. Heck, I paid $500 a piece for Rod Stewart front row tix and $350 each for front row REO tix back in the day. My wife likes both of those groups so I treated her. I also took her to Vegas for her birthday to see Barry Manilow, those tix were under 2 bills a piece. I can not believe that these kind of tix were available for a playoff game 3 days after the tix went on sale. Keep your eyes peeled for a big burly man with a #72 jersey with the name Perry on the back. I will be next to a guy with glasses in an Eagles jersey, I don't know the number on his back but I would guess McNabb. Do you think I can get my whole section singing Bear Down Chicago Bears???? This is gonna be fun!

Windy

Great seats to be had for sure. But if I had the extra $320 for tickets, then parking and food and everything else you are at 4 bills. I'm a huge fan and really want to go but for that money I can find better things to do with it.

I'm telling you guys the truth. The tix are in section 107 and are in the first 20 rows. And they were only $160 each.

Windy

The NFL LOVES people with this attitude. Pro football is no longer an affordable event to take your family to. THAT is the real issue here, not fan loyalty.

Thank you Windy I wanted to get my tickets but it is my bowling night and I would rather give the money I will spend on food, drinks and bowling fees to the man who works his back side of to support his family and community. Have fun and thank you

i thought the tickets were cheap....you can get the bests seats in the house for only $160....if you just wanted to go there and get any old upper deck seat it was only $30 a seat.

i think the only problem was it came so shortly after the holiday seasons when most people were already spent....alot of families just got done traveling and spending what money they had on food and presents.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Brianf.
      I'm not there, so I can't tell exactly what's going on but it looks like a large area of open water developed in the last day with all of the heavy snow on the east side of wake em up Narrows. These two photos are from my Ring Camera facing north towards Niles Point.  You can see what happened with all of snow that fell in the last three days, though the open water could have been wind driven. Hard to say. .  
    • SkunkedAgain
      Black Bay had great ice before but a few spots near rockpiles where there were spots of open water. It looks like the weight of the snow has created a little lake in the middle of the bay.  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Thanks to some cold spring weather, ice fishing continues strong for those still ice fishing.  The bite remains very good.  Most resorts have pulled their fish houses off for the year, however, some still have fish houses out and others are allowing ATV and side by sides.  Check social media or call ahead to your favorite resort for specifics. Reports this week for walleyes and saugers remain excellent.   A nice mix of jumbo perch, pike, eelpout, and an occasional crappie, tullibee or sturgeon being reported by anglers. Jigging one line and using a live minnow on the second line is the way to go.  Green, glow red, pink and gold were good colors this week.     Monster pike are on a tear!  Good number of pike, some reaching over 45 inches long, being caught using tip ups with live suckers or dead bait such as smelt and herring in 8 - 14' of water.   As always, work through a resort or outfitter for ice road conditions.  Safety first always. Fish houses are allowed on the ice through March 31st, the walleye / sauger season goes through April 14th and the pike season never ends. On the Rainy River...  The river is opened up along the Nelson Park boat ramp in Birchdale, the Frontier boat ramp and Vidas boat ramp.  This past week, much of the open water skimmed over with the single digit overnight temps.   Areas of the river have popped open again and with temps getting warmer, things are shaping up for the last stretch through the rest of the spring season, which continues through April 14th.   Very good numbers of walleyes are in the river.  Reports this week, even with fewer anglers, have been good.  When temps warm up and the sun shines, things will fire up again.   Jigs with brightly colored plastics or jigs with a frozen emerald shiner have been the desired bait on the river.  Don't overlook slow trolling crankbaits upstream as well.   Good reports of sturgeon being caught on the river as well.  Sturgeon put the feed bag on in the spring.  The bite has been very good.  Most are using a sturgeon rig with a circle hook loaded with crawlers or crawlers / frozen emerald shiners. Up at the NW Angle...  Ice fishing is winding down up at the Angle.  Walleyes, saugers, and a number of various species in the mix again this week.  The bite is still very good with good numbers of fish.  The one two punch of jigging one line and deadsticking the second line is working well.   Check with Angle resorts on transport options from Young's Bay.  Call ahead for ice road guidelines.  
    • CigarGuy
      With the drifting, kind of hard to tell for sure, but I'm guessing about a foot and still lightly snowing. Cook end!
    • PSU
      How much snow did you get on Vermilion? 
    • Mike89
      lake here refroze too...  started opening again yesterday with the wet snow and wind...  very little ice left today...
    • Hookmaster
      A friend who has a cabin between Alex and Fergus said the lake he's on refroze. He texted me a pic from March 12th when it was open and one from 23rd when it wasn't. 🤯
    • SkunkedAgain
      I don't think that there has been any ice melt in the past few weeks on Vermilion. Things looked like a record and then Mother Nature swept in again.   I'll give my revised guess of April 21st
    • leech~~
      As I get older it's really not just about sending bullets down range.  Some of it's just the workmanship of the gun and the wow factor. The other two guns I have really wanted which I'll never have now because of their price, is a 8mm Jap Nambu and 9mm German Luger.   Just thought they always looked cool!  
    • jim curlee
      I had a guy hit me with a lightly used 1969 BAR, he wanted $1650 with an older Leupold scope. More than I think they are worth, I made an offer, he declined end of story.   You know if you look at the old brochures, a grade II BAR sold for $250 in the late 60s, $1650 would be a good return on your investment.    Why would anybody want a 50 year old gun, they are heavy, have wood stocks, and blued metal.  I guess mainly to keep their gun safes glued to the floor. lol   You can probably buy a stainless rifle that you never have to clean, with a synthetic stock you never have to refinish, is as light as a feather, and for half as much money, perfect.   I'm too old for a youth gun, although I've shrunk enough that it would probably fit. lol   No Ruger 10/44s.   Jim      

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.