• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
astrofisher

Lake Johanna Eyes

astrofisher

Was out on Johanna on Wed and the eyes are biting between the college and nursing home,SW bay, about 8fow. Bite is real quick from about 4 to 530 then they are done. Also had a Muskie or? come through and break the hook off pulling it up.

honda4life

NICE. ARE THEY DRIVING OUT? IS THERE AN ACCESS OR JSUT PULL PORTABLE OUT ON FOOT. I KNOW ITS AN INNER CITY LAKE SO I WASNT SURE ABOUT DRIVING

rodmaker

Good news!!! Any size???

WallyGator12000

Astrofisher,

First off, welcome to FishingMinnesota! This is an awesome site to share tips and information. However, I would caution you against posting this specific of information, especially on fishing for walleyes. Guys are insatiable in their desire to find a good, "local" walleye bite, and this kind of tip will get a strong response. As of me writing this, your post is a little over an hour old, and already has 48 views with 2 responses. Johanna is not a huge lake, and can't handle the kind of pressure that is bound to come with this type of post. This is a topic that has been argued over all over this site, but the truth is on smaller bodies of water, specific info on bites can bring enormous pressure. You're going to have company out on that lake the next time you're out there, and the walleye bite you have patterned is as good as gone, and that can be avoided by using a little more caution and discretion with your details...

That said, good luck fishing, and once again welcome!

Maximum12

WallyGator, that was the best post on the topic that I have seen, gentle without being chastising. It should be stickied on the top of the forum!

I'd add this: while Johanna is a decent fishing lake, nobody is going to go out there & catch a limit of anything. There are some pretty doggone nice fish in the lake, but it's more about size that numbers. I've caught some memorable fish of several species on Johanna, but never more than 1 or 2 per outing. The lake has low population densities of pike, muskie, bass, & walleye. But if you're lucky enough to tie into one it may very well be a nice one.

honda4life

this is true. i have fished in the summer but I know for myself and many others I wont eat anything out of a lake that metro. more of a catch and release type place.

rodmaker

I go out there and catch Bass in the Summer for fun. I wouldn't keep anything for the table from there. Would be nice to see if you could catch a big Eye from there though and release it.

Blainebob

Fished it a couple of years back on new years day- Straight across the lake from the landing on that point- dozens of 9-10 inch perch,would catch 3 or 4 from a hole,then have to move to another a few feet away,and so on. sure was fun, not too many metro lakes with decent perch. Probably try out there in Feb.

AllDayFisherMan

I know the poster of this title is getting some flack, but realize that a good post like this could be from someone who lives on the lake that just wants to play a joke to see how many fools rush to the lake to get "on the fish!" I always take the "good fishing reports" with a grain of sand because you never know who may be pulling your leg. I could post that the muskies are biting in the pond in my back yard just to see who comes. Funny how it goes, isn't it?

Jakerswake

Gator, your a stud.