• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Cass Lake Fishing Reports

I was on Cass last week. The muskies were showing themselves on gliders and topwaters, but getting them to eat is another story. I ended up boating 3 on glidebaits. All fish were on cabbage or sand/cabbage combo.

• 1 month later...

Just got back from a 9/12-9/17 trip to Cass. Unfortunately we had 4 days of flat calm water with daytime temps in the low 80's. The walleye were 34-50'. Fishing was slow but we coaxed a few limits with a chartuese 1/2 ounce jig tiped with a redtail. Musky was very tough. We had no follows. Our resort owner had three follows on the last day. The last two days there was a light wind and that helped. We were able to pick a few eyes up in 24' of water. We caught a few perch in the deep water also. They were all 9-12". Slow but not bad!!

Ripped,

I am guessing you stayed at Wishbone and you are talking about Ronnie? We stay there for two weeks end of July beginning of Aug.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone have a recent Cass Lake Walleye report? We're heading up over MEA again this year. How's the water levels?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

well we were up on Cass over the MEA break and were greeted with a wintery mix that hung with us almost the entire extended weekend. Wednesday night we got out to troll some cranks in the rain and snow. Water temps were around 48 degree. Walleyes were up shallow and we connected on several nice eaters and a few too big or too small for the table. By the next evening the water temps dropped to 46 degrees and the night trolling got much tougher and tullibies started showing up in the shallows. The walleyes were being caught on the weedline breaks in 12-18 fow during the day hours on minnows on livebait rigs or jigs. The last frew nights were very slow for the crank bite and on Saturday night I found surface temps dipping just below 44 degrees in spots.

The crappie bite was very good with slabs being found in the usual late fall or early winter spots.

Great report Borch,sounds like its getting cold. Ice soon? We can wish!

We'll definitely hit again when the water gets hard. Several really fun lakes up in the area.

water levels were above normal. But they will do everything they can to drain it down before first ice.

Water clarity was good. About normal.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, will there be ice for the 2nd week in december to go out on? heading up to cass on december 9th . wont be on cass i assume but maybe kitchie. whats the weather been like there? starting to get close on freeze up if the temps drop next week or has it been warm there at night to? down in S.E. Minnesota its been warm!! thanks for an info!

Cass Master

Well hopefully the weather forecaster's wont be wrong about the cold temps coming up later this week into next. anyone locally around cass lake area able to give any info on temps or even ice ?

Starting a new post for the Fishing report for the Cass Lake Area Lakes. Any news of how much ice is on the lakes after last nights below temps? Where to look for them at early ice?

I'm not going to get out to check the ice today like I thought, but tomorrow or Friday I'm going out on Pike and I'll report in on ice conditions (and hopefully fishing!).

Andrusia had around 5-6" this weekend

Kitchi had around 5-6" - there was a car driving out there !!

Cass had 2-3" along the edge , i wasnt gong any father out!!

Buck had around 6-7"

Cass Master

thanks for that information Cass...... Hows the water clarity looking this year! last year was great, just wondering how things are shapping up!

Well spearing on kitchie was a little cloudy. it appeared that it will need some time to clear out and the lake just had froze over the week before i was there. this happened a couple years ago also when we had late ice. so in january it should be better. you can still see but not as clear as last year! Andrusia and buck appeared to be the same, a light haze in the water but not bad.

Cass Master

Do you guys ever see any perch or walleye when you are spearing on pike?

Pike Bay doesn't have any fish in it. grin

Have you been out Matt?

I hear rumors there might be a few walleyes and perch to be had on Pike Bay. wink

We are staying in one of their sleepers in a month, any action on that part of the lake yet this year? This will be our first trip up there so any info would be be great.

I know the fish were staging in that area late fall. The folks at Cass Lake do a nice job.