• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions

Trolled after sundown last night in 5-10 fow w/ #5 rap last night. Was on the SE end and had a huge hit around 9pm...faught for about a minute and had him up to the boat, before diving again into a thick bed of milfoil...I'm not even going to say how big I think it was...lol would have been PB

Probably a sheephead. smile

I wader fished a little bit this past weekend, got a few smaller walleye and a nice crappie throwing a HJ11 just after sundown saturday night. was pretty depressed to see all the zebra mussels on all the docks that have been pulled along our beach. Sure didn't take long for them to spread throughout the lake. Looked like a game of bumper boats going on friday night and saturday night on Priest's.

Was out saturday night caught my limit of eaters and quite a few short ones. Im pretty sure carp shooter you might of walked up on me fishing the other night and then turned around? Was that you I didnt care if you fished there. The bite is on fire right now and its not necessarily waska all the lakes Ive been fishing have been great for walleyes I have only been throwing ringworms in very shallow water. Crappies been hitting the breaks and there biting. Good luck everyone and fire that boat up just one or 10 more times. full-29588-50545-10402016_10203786972572

Heres a 14 5/8 hog from sunday all caught on ice gear best way to fish panfish if your jigging that is.

Wasn't me if it was this most recent saturday; I was on the missouri river shooting roosters and casting the fast water for walleye below big bend dam.

Clayton that is a beast! I was doing the same thing as you a week and a half ago on Minnewaska, however my results were no good. I couldn't find any panfish for the life of me. How deep were you fishing?

Anyone have any tips for panfish this time of year? I have been out there 3 times the past couple weeks and managed walleye and pike, but couldn't get anything for crappies or sunfish during the day. Are they tight lipped in the fall like they are in the winter? Light bite? I might try using ice fishing rigs with Marcum again...

Sartell we found them in a school in 27ft of water believe it or not we anchored and they stayed there. Dont stop until you mark a big school of fish about 5-10 ft off the bottom. Id say most of the crappies are in there winter spots right now so thats my clue for today. The best way to fish is elminate dead water and trust your fish finder but then again I use a vexilar all year round.

• 2 weeks later...

A few people reporting 4"+- of good ice last weekend. With the cold temps, I would expect that will be around 5-6 by this weekend. Early ice is never consistent and this report was from a few hundred yards out...so that is not a report for the entire lake obviously. Minnewaska is a shallow lake and tends to freeze up fast. Snow fall has mostly been swept off the lake by higher winds. No fishing reports yet but early ice is always good and wouldn't expect anything different.

Fish On!

Any truth to the rumor that the ice shifted north yesterday and heaved up on the north shore? I am thinking of heading up there tomorrow and just wondering if I can still get out.

the ice is moving around. saw some pushed up on starbuck side and along other areas, but not enough to keep you off. did see a couple heaves in different spots so just watch for them. People all over with wheelers and side by sides, and some good size houses. Gonna be a busy weekend. heard 5-7 inches of ice

• 2 weeks later...

Any recent ice/fishing reports. There's gotta be people out there with perms by now?

10 inches on sunday. Plenty of wheeler and car action. Even saw two suburbans and 1 1/2 ton. Ill wait til we get more ice to drive my truck out

Drove by yesterday and saw barricades across the access at the Glenwood beach and by Lakeside Ballroom. Did not have time to stop and look. Anyone have any info on what happened?

Parked there yesterday and walked out from there, didn't see an issue. Could have drove, being there was 10" plus everywhere maybe a foot. Caught two dinky eyes at sunrise. Drilled around looking for panfish, nothing but tiny perch.

• 2 weeks later...

36F and drizzle here...supposed to change to light snow later today. I believe forcast is for slightly above freezing tomorrow as well. With these conditions, I would recommend no vehicle travel on any lakes unless you have a well known trail that you are confident with. Augered holes tend to get bigger with these conditions, especially if there is some wind along with it.

However, I did see a bronco type vehicle out several hundred yards this morning. Take it easy this week...forcast is for close to zero towards the end of the week so things should improve as we move thru the week.

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Holidays!

I agree with LandDr. Let's hope we can get through Christmas without any issues. After that, it looks like cold temps that will firm things up out there again. Take it easy and be safe!

really hit or miss depending on location and time of day. I was up there wednesday through saturday. Trucks are spooking the fish, you can see it happen on the camera anytime one drives by and you happen to have fish under you.

What are the ice conditions like. Thinking of heading up this weekend with a 1/2 ton truck and 8x16 fish house. Any traffic like that going?

• The title was changed to Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions