• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions

Would it be possible to be able to get in to the majority of bottle by saturday with a fourwheeler and small trailer.

A few people stopped in this morning on their way out...most were taking ATVs out. However, there were a couple of trucks out in Bottle Bay yesterday. I would assume those trucks probably used Sacs landing but not sure.

The Glenwood Beach landing "looks" good enough to drive on but I did not personally try it...just a window observation. There is good parking there if you want to unload an ATV there or just walk out. It's only a few hundred yards out to where most people have been fishing. Some nice weedlines just out from the Beach you might want to try as well...we catch a lot of sunnies there during the summer.

The Lakeside Landing is heaved up and would not recommend any vehicle use but people have been parking there and walking out or ATVs.

Fish On!

thanks going to try to make it over sat or sunday with other fireman will stop in for some bait and hopefully a report. if not i may come by myself tomorrow.

Not too bad of a day out. Supposed to get to 34F today but I am not sure if it will get there. Rest of the week is forecast into the mid 30s to 40s by the end of the week.

A few trucks on the lake this morning...I think they are using the Beach access since there was a pretty good heave by Lakeside. Others are walking out or ATV. Shoreline appears in good shape and there should not be any issues with the ice as of yet.

Fella back in this AM said the panfish started out fast but then slowed. I told him to move around as the bite can move up and down with active fish. Should be better towards evening as well.

Fish On!

Well I might have the elusive 10" gill out of waska! How do you want the picture??

I didn't think it would take long. smile Fishing buddy of mine told me he got a 10.5 gill over the weekend...I asked him if he took a picture and he forgot all about it. Oh well.

Wetaline wants the photo on a ruler with a quarter next to it. Better take a good one that shows the tip of the lip to the tip of the tail (you can pinch the tail of course). Take a few photos just so you have it covered...Wetaline is the final judge on this.

Someone should be bringing in a 14+ crappie soon too I would think.

StCloudAngler...you still around for this? smile

Fish On!

Dang it I forgot the quarter! mad

I have the fish on a tape measure, had to take the picture on my phone, I will post it and you guys can judge what you see!

and speaking of 14" crappies, I lost one at the hole that was probably right around there! so landdr it will not take long! they are out there!

LOL!!!! To much fun. We can judge it all we want but it has to pass the Wetaline test. If he says it's OK...

I can't believe you forgot the quarter. smile Did you take the photo releasing it for Goose...or is it hitting the frying pan?

Can't wait to see it though...either way. smile

Fish On!

Landdr any chance I can email it to you and have you post it? my photobucket account is on the fritz..

I know...like I said, I released three that were 14.5 this winter and I had a renter that caught a 14.5 that I actually measured for them. Big slabs. But I would guess there will be a few pushing 16 on the late ice or early open water. Gotta remember that most of this lake doesn't get fished just because of how big it is how much habitat there is out there.

Just try to throw the 10+ gills and 12+ crappies back if you can. Fun to catch but keep the best breeders out there...it really helps to keep them in the lake. Take a photo and throw'em back...they don't fry up very well anyway. smile

Fish On!

Its sent, I doubt it will pass wetalines test, but the fish was released! just caught the tank and didnt think of this contest right away! oh well! their there!

I can't believe you forgot the quarter. smile Did you take the photo releasing it for Goose...or is it hitting the frying pan?

Lol...Please don't do it for me. Do it for my nephews and neices, and your kids as well if you're blessed with them. I've caught my share...

Nice, Whitetail!

Landrr, if you could, please delete a PM or two. It won't let me send you one. You're "box" is full. Thx.

caught several 14's(crappie) this winter down here by willmar, and a few 15-15.5 inchers no biggie, good luck with the 16's on waska the lakes become to comercialized in recent years 7-10 yrs back it was nothing to get a 16-16.5 like at least 1 a week, or at times 1 every time out, just not the numbers anymore, seen a true 18 incher caught by a small girl in a pontoon in front of torgys culvert, personaly I'd choose just about any mud puddle to fish over waska these days for a true trophy crappie, waskas allways gonna have a few, kewl to see theres still a few big sunnys in there even tho a 10 incher is no miracle either but impressive for any lake, long lake in cyris has some bigger ones in their and they like hitting shad raps while trolling real good got a 11.5 and one just shy of 12 out of their I plan on mounting soon good luck fishing ya all congrats on the sunny smile

Goose...there were only 3 in the box so I deleted those as well. Not sure if that PM thing works. Just email me if the PM doesn't work.

Heading home...supper is calling me. smile

Fish On!

I didn't think it would take long. smile Fishing buddy of mine told me he got a 10.5 gill over the weekend...I asked him if he took a picture and he forgot all about it. Oh well.

Wetaline wants the photo on a ruler with a quarter next to it. Better take a good one that shows the tip of the lip to the tip of the tail (you can pinch the tail of course). Take a few photos just so you have it covered...Wetaline is the final judge on this.

Someone should be bringing in a 14+ crappie soon too I would think.

StCloudAngler...you still around for this? smile

Fish On!

Still around, yes. Suprised its been 2+ weeks and no pics yet.

I sent you an email back regarding trying to open it. Take a look at that email first.

Fish On!

Hey Landdr,

Missed you when we stopped in for bait last time. Heading up tomorrow again with the boy and wondering if we should bring the wheeler or walk out. Ice was great two weeks ago. Not sure if things are getting sketchy on the shore yet. Anybody fishing bottle bay or is the majority still in front of Lakeside?

ya kinda wierd. its been awhile and ive been patiently awaiting these pics of 10 and 10.5"ers lol. Have yet to catch one much over 9" out there. had about a 12" crappie the other night and about [PoorWordUsage] my pants

Landdr should have my pic! I wish my photobucket account wasn't acting up so I could just post it myself!

Not a big deal WT. We all know there are 10" sunnies in waska. Point is, there's not that many. Wouldn't it be nice if this wasn't a big deal??

10"ers could be common in waska with more thought of what we're keeping, and putting back. Much in line with what we've already accepted with walleyes. We could easily have 11"ers be the new waska trophy, rather than 10".

I had to head out Thursday but ic e was in great condition then...I really don't think it has changed much since the houses had to be off. Still lots of people driving out...off Lakeside Landing and Beach...others are walking out or ATVs. We did get some rain and snow yesterday but I am not sure how much that affected anything...probably not much. Almost everyone in had good reports...crappies mixed in with gills and some even had more crappies than gills. Shrimp, Uro and waxies are all being used.

WT...did you get my email? You need to read it FYI.

Goose...it is not the big deal ab out 10+ gills or 14+ crappies, it is more of Wetline giving me more grief. smile That's the fun of it. I think I'm starting to like the guy. smile He still hasn't come in for that cup of coffee offer however and still hasn't claimed that $10,000 reward for the $8 Swedish Pimple yet. LOL Just too much fun.

CAUTION...I did have one fella in that expressed concern of ice thcikness where there were large snow banks or pushed up snow. He felt it was thinner in those areas due to snow insulation. That might be something to keep an eye on...but if you stay on the roads and out where people are fishing, then you shouldn't have any of those issues.

Fish On...and on...and on...and on!

Headed up that way tonight; going to try to get some guys out on the ice for their first time this winter; what time of day has been best for the bite? morning? afternoon? Any specific jig or color that is working hands down better?

What access is best for driving out as of today? Any nice perch biting, or tullies/perch on other lakes in the area?

• The title was changed to Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions