• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions

Really a great walleye bite on Waska. Took two groups out yesterday...morning group ended with 4 nice fish in the well and the afternoon group ended with 6 nice fish. Biggest fish were around 19 inches and averaged around 16 inches. Threw several smaller ones back as well. A lot of bass and pike for some fun action. Probably caught around 20 total fish.

walleye%207.20.11%201.jpg

walleye%207.20.11%203.jpg

Took another group out this morning and did really well again. Probably around 15 walleyes caught and kept 8 nice fish for their fish fry. Biggest was 18 with an average around 16 again...nice eaters. Bunch of bass, pike and sunfish as well. Nice morning on the water.

walleye%207.21.11%201.jpg

walleye%207.21.11%203.jpg

Many people going out after sunfish...panfish leaches are very popular. Nice gills can be found in 12 to 14 fow but you can get some nice fish off the dock too...just pick thru some of the smaller ones.

Fish On!

I put the thermacell under my seat in the boat last time out, works great if its calm and your not trolling fast!

Some big pike biting shallow right now too...buddy has caught a 34", 35", and 36" off his dock the past 2 weekends.

Agreed. Saw my neighbor boy pull a 36 inch N off the dock as well on Saturday. Hopefully there's many more of those swimming eating the smaller fish....

A buddy of mine and I trolled sunday with walleydivers and shadraps in 8-12 FOW off Landdr's reccomendation and caught bass, pike, bluegills and crappies... It puts a smile on your face when the bluegill hits so hard it peels drag at first. Twice my buddy and I had doubles with nice pike. seemed like you had to be moving in order to catch decent sunfish. either a crank or spinner/crawler. twice we stopped and tried to bobber fish schools with no luck. No walters though.

beautiful day on the lake sunday.

thanks landdr for the advice and bait sunday morning.

The eyes are out there. A few more this afternoon along with some nice pike, bass and gills. Yes, the gills like to hit the moving target but I have reports of the bobbers doing well also.

I would love to go out for an evening walleye trip but just can't find the energy. Too good of a day bite as well.

walleye%207.26.11.jpg

Fish On!

Landdr where are you finding the walleyes on waska. They seem to be tough to find. Pike, Bass, and Sunnies are a dime a dozen. How deep of water and whats the preffered bait of choice? I would appreciate the tips.

Thanks

Landrr!

This is Tony we talked last Sunday! Thanks for info we got into some great fish! Took your advice and go into some great eater Eyes along with lots of sun fish and bass. The kids loved the sunny action right off the dock. I appreciate the info and helping us out at the store!

Thanks!

Wishin' I could get out there today. Sounds pretty bad. Hope everyone's okay.

Anyone have any reports on night fishing for walleyes? Tried it about a month ago and ended up catching a couple nice bass and sunfish.

been seeing a few boats working really shallow (probably pulling cranks) in front of our cabin after dark the past few weekends.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at taking my dad out for some panfish this weekend. Just wondering if anyone has been out and if it's worth making the trip up. Thanks.

I was looking at taking my dad out for some panfish this weekend. Just wondering if anyone has been out and if it's worth making the trip up. Thanks.

You should have no problem finding nice gills and smaller bass for the frying pan. I haven't gotten into the crappies this summer, but haven't really looked for them either. Plenty of pickling pike in the weeds too.

Hey Carpshooter and Landdr...

Heading up to Waska friday for the weekend. Staying on the Starbuck end. I see the sunnies are easy to find, wondering if one end of the lake has been better than the other, also how about the Walleyes.

Hey Carpshooter and Landdr...

Heading up to Waska friday for the weekend. Staying on the Starbuck end. I see the sunnies are easy to find, wondering if one end of the lake has been better than the other, also how about the Walleyes.

Either end and all the way through should be good for gills. You can try the pencil reeds or shady covered docks/boat lifts early in the morning, work the thick weeds, or go deep and work the sandy edges of the weeds. I really haven't targeted walleyes since early July; just haven't had much time up there for fishing with cutting trees and fixing other storm damage. Moon light should be good for some night time trolling this weekend though.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed a ton of boats last weekend near Foster Point and was wondering what was going on? My boats in the shop from the storm and am anxious to get out.

Anyone got any info on the Fall Classic?? Last I heard was the proposed Spring Classic was scratched and moving back to the Fall Classic. I'm guessing the Fall is scratched as well, but haven't got any solid info back either way. Anyone know for sure??

i was there onwaska last week and amazed the water is so high yet! found fish in places i didnt expect! lol

Water is high but it has gone down lately.

We caught walleyes early monday morning...4 legged live bait that goes "ribbit ribbit" wink

• 4 weeks later...

Fishing off the dock last night with a silver rapala - hooked 2 fish with one cast...a 2 lb walleye and a 2.5 lb pike......fun and a rare situation.

Very cool. Where's you dock? PM me if you don't want to share to the world wink 100% kidding.

Haven't had that one happen yet. I've had Pike grab walleyes and Muskies grab onto sunnies, but never two fish on one lure.

• 4 weeks later...

Landdr is busy getting his PLM field work done while Sniffer is posting all of the pics of fish he is catching. wink

I have just been too busy to fish...I think about it a lot however. smile It is good to be busy though...make hay while the sun shines. I am sure we will be hot and heavy into ice fishing not too long from now.

Thanks for checking in though!

Fish On!

• 1 month later...

Glenwood side has ice not sure about starbuck side, could be walkable by the weekend! (ABOUT TIME)

I will second that. It is nice to see cold temps. Fishing this weekend.................FINALLY!

Sniffer

• The title was changed to Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions