• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

basssmasher*

I'm going early tomorrow am.. u got my cell number... gimme a text!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LandDr

• goose89

• basssmasher*

• carpshooterdeluxe

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hit Minnewaska last week and what a week it was. First morning out, limit of eyes, gills and crappie. Talk about largemouth, must have boated a dozen from 3-5.5 punds, never caught bass like this be

called my cuz yesturday and they put the permanent out saturday not too far from Glenwood on favorite spot.  zippo on the action but hopefully it will go after this snap. welcome to FM JD ! 

Curious on this also heading up there Sat on a gill hunt hopefully wont have to swiss cheese the lake to bad  Guessing there's some truck traffic but would like a little more info if possible.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Starbuck Marina is a really nice landing...smooth concrete and deep water. Parking is pretty good but might be tight on the opener. There might be some off parking with a little walk. It is sheltered from the wind which makes loading and unloading great. I believe it is one boat at a time.

Glenwood Beach is a nice landing but can be shallow for some of the bigger boats. Limited parking but some park on the grass or park across the hwy in the ballfield parking which has lots of room. Wind can be an issue. Two boats at a time.

DNR Landing is a very good landing...smooth concrete with good depth for the bigger boats. Good parking but might be tight on the opener. Might be able to park at the DNR or off street with a little walk. Two boats at a time and is also mostly sheltered from wind.

I think you are going to find walleyes all over the lake...deeper, on structure and in shallow. I am going shallow as the walleyes like feeding on the running shiners around this time of year. Waska has a great walleye population and great year class structure...you may catch anything from 10 to 12 inches to 28 or even over 30 inches. The walleyes on Waska are well fed...very fat and happy...so these are great looking fish! I am sure there will be plenty of pike on the prowl as well.

Fish On!

Rookie13

What effect will the high water levels have on Waska fishing for the opener?

carpmanjake

got my first minnewaska smallie today, and a bunch of other big largemouths! no pike tho... saw one guy hook a big one while going for walleye, but broke off

full-27194-8652-229372_10150185945734934

Not many of boats on Waska over the weekend. Coming down the hill Sunday afternoon I didn't see one boat on School Point which is really odd. There were a few more pre-fishing boats out Sunday afternoon but far from packed. Due to the low number of boats on the lake, there were not many fishing reports back in either.

I fished off the beach after closing just after midnight Friday night. We managed a couple of eyes and a few misses as well. Pretty chilly out and a long day so we headed home.

Fish On!

carpmanjake

got a few walleyes, and a couple pike yesterday, lost a pike that would have gone over 12 easy.

alot of bass like this big girl too

full-27194-8724-bass.jpg

pike were caught ripping lippless cranks in firetiger, or silver. walleyes on jigs tipped with 3" gulp ALIVE! minnows.

There were a few more pre-fishing boats out Sunday afternoon....

Pre-fishing for what??

walleyestealer

i think all the walleyes in minnewaska are gone. thanks for the overfishing, too many tournaments. it will be good again in 10 years

walleyestealer

3 of us caught 15 walleys, keepers, 15-20 inchers, sunday. and a couple 10 inch sunnies pulling a harness with spinner.

Minnewaska Walleye Classic on May 21-22.

Nope...still walleyes in the lake. They have fins and move to different spots...requires finding new spots to fish and maybe changing a little on how they are fished.

I see more walleyes on my camera in the winter than I have ever ever seen in my life. There are a lot of walleyes in the lake...just harder to catch because they have changed and it requires changing with them. There are also a lot more forage in the lake. Waska walleyes are some of the fattest roundest walleyes I have ever seen!

Makes me hungry thinking about it...I think I am going to head out fishing for awhile. smile

Fish On!

Back with the report...3 walleyes in the pail...all about 16...one getting close to 17. Lost 2 lifting them out of the water...need to bring the net next time...that would have been 5 in the pail. Several strikes and a couple fish on but lost.

Not bad for an hour of fishing. I gotta plant corn in the morning so I'm head'in to bed.

Fish On!

Thats interesting Landdr, I was out there last night for 3 hours and caught one. We talked to 3 other boats for a grand total of 2 other fish caught and 2 bites... Also, the Minnewaska spring walleye classic is no more. Never got off the ground for the first year, and from the rumor mill, I'd say we wont need to be worrying about a fall walleye classic this year either, after last years debaukle, nobody from around here will be giving him money again.

I took a quick photo...not the best quality but shows the fish anyway.

walleyes%205.16.11.jpg

Vexipro...not sure where you are fishing or how. I just do what works for me. I keep it pretty simple...most of the time it works but sometimes it doesn't.

Fish On!

Angry  Irishman

Any reports from Lake Emily or Long Lake? I will be up there Friday thru Sunday. Looking more for water temps than anything.

cvanderweyst

vexipro- I hope the people that did sign up for the classic get there money back. It is too bad that tournament is ruined. maybe someone else will take it over someday.

Well that's the first I heard the tournament wasn't on...sorry about that. I guess that explains why he hasn't been by to put up a flier. My partner and I decided not to enter because my spring is way too busy and he has a lot of projects as well...fall just works better for us.

I hope they get their money back as well. That would be a shame if they didn't.

Fish On!

Two 15 inchers tonight...threw two smaller ones back...had close to a dozen strikes and a couple on. For fish that make their living out of catching small fish to eat, these fish don't seem to have the target right for my rap.

Only fished for a half hour...long day.

Fish On!

Landrr, what are your views on the MLA? I tried to send you a PM, but your PM box is full.

I really don't know a whole lot about what they do except that they release additional walleyes into the lake. They have an annual fundraiser to generate funds for more walleyes for Waska...have to compliment them for that. I don't know if they are too political or if they do much for education to landowners within the watershed on how to take care of the lake...I would like to see more of that since a lake is a byproduct of it's watershed.

A representative of MLA just dropped off some flyers but I haven't had time to read them yet to learn more about the organization. We do sell memberships for them along with the MLA sticker.

From what I have seen, it is a good organization to support...they are trying and as volunteers that is about as much as we can do.

If anyone wants a membership to MLA, just let us know next time you are in.

Fish On!

I know of several people that have not gotten their money back, despite repeated attempts.

fishingfool

Anyone willing to elaborate on what happened with the classic for those of usnot in the know?

Thanks

He didnt pay anyone last fall. People had to hunt him down and shake him down to get a check

smileoutthere

Two 15 inchers tonight...threw two smaller ones back...had close to a dozen strikes and a couple on. For fish that make their living out of catching small fish to eat, these fish don't seem to have the target right for my rap.

Only fished for a half hour...long day.

Fish On!

Man...wish I knew where you were fishing and how. Caught four fish...lost two that were on...and missed close to a dozen strikes (let's call it 10)...all in a half hour. That would be a total of 16 "strikes" in 30 minutes. I was going to try and go catch some panfish...but sounds like I should switch over to walleyes for the real action.

wetaline1

Jeez Landdr those fish look like they've been dead since the pre-fish on Friday...

Who goes walleye fishing for just 30 minutes?? especially when you get just shy of a hundred bites

Heard almost every other lake produced fish so far this year.

cvanderweyst

he also changed the entry fee about a month before the tourney and promised refunds of the diffrence. Needless to say i havent seen a check yet

Who goes walleye fishing for just 30 minutes? Me. With my spring schedule and the store, the only time I have to fish is at night and only as long as I can stay awake. smile

I put the fish on ice cuz I was too tired to clean them at 1am after being out on prescribed fire all day. Cleaned them in the morning. What's the issue...again?

Were I am fishing? No secret...I tell people to go shallow, especially with the full moon. Shiners are running and the eyes are active. I use an F11 Vampire which mimics the lake shiner. Both nights I have been the only one out there...get off the computer and go fishing. smile

Fish On!

pushbutton

Man, tough crowd up here some days............I don't fish for walleyes much, but when I do, usually do so at dusk/night. This is when the fish are actively feeding and choice of bait and presentation is not as important. And yes, will often catch 2 through 4 fish in very quick manner; also in the spring and fall you do not even need to get in a boat to do so. If I am in a boat will actally often beach it on the shore and work out towards the lake pitching or cranking.

• Rick changed the title to Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions