• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions

Had some guys go out yesterday to give me a report back. One got 20 gills 8" or better and the other got 12 gills 8" or better. They started around 9am and finished up around 2:30pm. Not a wild bite but decent with those size fish and it was another nice day on the lake. They took larvae and shrimp with them and used #14 jigs. As with previous posts, they had cameras down and there were fish all over...just had to work at it to get them to bite. Weather looks great thru the week and weekend. All accesses are in good condition and easy to get around the lake.

teejay...what's your number I can reach you at?

Fish On!

Spent from friday afternoon till sunday morning in my house out from the lakeside. Only ended up with a dozen nice sunnies but caught 29 crappies all 11-12 1/2 inchers. Crappies didn't bite until after 8:00pm. Friday the bite was from 10:00pm-2:00am and sat. from 8:00pm-1:00am. Some were on shiners on rattle reels and some came on marmooska jigs with shrimp. A good time was had by all.

Very nice JJ! I would say "when you tak'in me fish'in"...but those are some tough hours. As per the shelter regulations...you can have a permenant fish house on the lake as long as it is occupied between midnight and 6 am. So that still leaves the opportunity to pull a house out on the lake and fish those hours and a sleep over. I might have to consider that.

The picture did not come thru for me on this forum...not sure why...but I just copied the URL into a web browser and it came up.

Fish On!

Ya! I might have to make another trip up there. This time I would do some searching during the day for some more sunnies. Had to much company last weekend to get out wandering. I also can't beleive how clear minnawaska is! You guys up there have done a great job cleaning that lake up since the late 70's. And great comeback on the walleyes to. Proud to be a member of the lake assc. Good Luck out there!

I had a great trip last Saturday out from lakeside. 1.5 hour trip to get to the lake and limited out on nice 8 in. + sunnies in a little over two hours. I spent more time on the road and cleaning fish than actual fishing. Great time...can't wait to get up that way again.

LOL. Sutedizzler, You are terrible. If you read my earlier post you will know what really happened up there! lol.

Beautiful day out! Lake condition is still really good and the accesses are holding up. Pile of people out from Lakeside today. People coming in during the morning are giving pretty good reports for the most part. Pretty much the same bait...larvae, shrimp and waxies depending on what you like to use and what works for you.

The "vintage" snowmobile races are going on this weekend...for the "Hetteen Cup". If you want to check out some really old sleds as well as so fast new ones, this will be a great chance to do so. It is pretty cool watching those "old" sleds duke it out in races.

Fish Houses are allowed on the lake over night as long as it is occupied between midnight and 6am. Still a great time to fish sunfish during the day, crappies at night and sleep over.

Fish On!

Hey Landdr, kind of spur of the moment but was wondering if you could help me out a bit. I am up for the weekend and haven't fished Minne for about a month. On my drive up notice most people were fishing out from lakeside like many of you mentioned, but also noticed no body was out in front of Foster Point on the Minnewask House side of the lake where there were MANY perms out all year. Was curious if this was because of driving conditions, fishing, or just because the perms had to be off the lake and its more convenient getting on from Glenwood??

Long story short, I just wanted to be sure the ice is safe all over the lake yet, and that driving conditions were favorable? I usually come off the private access there near Indian Mounds Park.

Thanks,

BuckmasterG

Buckmaster...thanks for checking in. Ice conditions are fine. We had 24 to 30 inches of hard ice so I think that will be around for awhile. Once I hear of any concerns with ice or accesses or anything else, I will post it. So far so good however.

There was a rush to get a spot in Bottle Bay early in the season since that was the best panfish area last year. But it turned out to be a tough bite all over. Some houses left and others stuck it out...that is why you seen a lot of perms out there even to the end. I think the bite is picking up over there but it is still not as good as it is out from Lakeside. It is still worth the time and effort to scout around Bottle Bay however as I have a few reporting some bigger gills over there, just not as many. That could improve as we move into later ice.

I would expect the accesses onto the lake to get worse with this nice weather. So far they are still driving on, but at some point we will be to ATVs and/or walking.

Fish On!

Thank you much for the prompt reply! Will probably be heading out here in the next couple hours til dark. Hope to get a few for the fryer. Appreciate all of the helpful info you post on here. See if I can get an opportunity to stop in this weekend to [PoorWordUsage] a bit about the bite. Thanks again.

I have had several calls for updated lake and access conditions on Waska.

Beach Landing - In good shape with some water on it. Still good for vehicles. Road is in good shape out to where they are fishing panfish.

Lakeside - Really good. They smoothed it out for the snowmobile races and is probably better now than all year. There is a road cleared out that goes around the water spot so that is good as well. Road is in good shape out to where they are fishing panfish.

DNR Landing - Also very smooth and in good shape. Road is in good shape out to where they are fishing panfish.

Hearing more crappies being caught in the 12 to 13 inch range for the keepers. Main bite is still the panfish and sounds like most are doing very well with good sizes. Prefered bait is still larvae and shrimp but some using waxies as well. I have had a few in for minnows for perch...not sure where they are fishing.

Fish On!

Just got off the lake decided to try it at night for a change. Went out at 9 got back at 12 man was that a blast got my limit really big sunnies and a got a few crappies caught everything on waxies, crappies wouldnt touch minnows only caught one on a minnow. Hope to get out at least one more night sure was fun.

Clayton...nice report! You certainly have been putting in the time. If I can ask, what general area were you in? Or stop in to discuss. I have the Deer Classic this weekend and then on vacation and then NW Sport Show...so this week is about the only time I am going to have a chance of getting out.

Thanks again for the report.

Fish On!

Though i'd let you know Land, I did end up making it out this past weekend. Wasn't able to get onto the lake from my usual spots (hence why there were no more people fishing that location) did get on at hunts and caught many fish. Problem was there were all very small.

Thanks for the update Buck. I noticed Hunts was getting pretty sloppy and probably should be avoided to save their landing (they are on vacation). The DNR access was pretty good yesterday and goes right out to the same road...I would recommend taking that.

Lakeside Landing was still really good today as well. I think the Beach Landing is a day by day obeservation.

Most people in are reporting nice sized panfish with some crappies mixed in. One of my friends said they went out early thing AM and got limits of nice fish and some small crappies they threw back. I have also had several report the bite picks up @ 4pm and other that say it is better @ 6pm. A few are reporting small fish but most are reporting good sizes.

I guess that's fishing! smile

Fish On!

Hey Landdr, I was wondering if you guys got the rain that we did over here?? Can I still get on at lakeside with the pickup tomorrow?? Thanks

Lookslike the rain stayed mostly west and east today...but we did get some sprinkles during the day and now it is more of a steady drizzle.

Currently 35F and looks like each day will be in the high 30S with this weekend up to 45F. The accesses won't last long with those temps I am affraid. Each day is going to have changes.

The DNR access looked the best to me and might be a little more protected from the sun. There was a good road that connects up with the main road out to the spots. I would think that one should still be fine tomorrow for vehicle traffic...BUT...everyone should check conditions before they make a decision to drive out. ATV and walking is going to obviously be the safest.

People were still using the Lakeside Ballroom access today but I didn't get down there to look myself. Maybe some others can give a report that used it today.

Fish On!

Anyone else have an idea if the ladings are still OK on Waska?? Would greatly appreciate the info. Thanks

Thanks Lanndrr must have been typin at the same time your were responding. Thanks Again...

Ya...I think so. smile

Go ahead and check the Lakeside landing...but the DNR landing should still be in good shape. I will try to get around to check them in the morning.

Fish On!

ibleedice,

Sorry alittle off topic but I grew up in Monte and have inlaws and some friends still there! Just wondering if I knew ya!!

Ripper!!

Access updates...

Glenwood Beach Landing...pretty good shape. People are driving to the left which looks pretty smooth and no standing water. A lot better than I thought it would be. Road out from there looks really good as well.

Lakeside Ballroom Landing...again, very good shape and people are driving to the left. Roads out from there look good as well.

DNR Landing...good shape as well but a few ruts are forming. It is a concrete landing so no mud which is nice. Roads out from there also look good.

Fishing report is about the same...most are doing really well but there are a few in the are not doing so well. Not sure what the "not so well" guys are doing wrong when others are doing really well. ??

There are probably a couple dozen people out already and a handful of trucks out there as well. It was a steady drizzle or sprinkle all night but no heavy rain.

Fish On!

I only checked the Lakeside Landing this morning and it is still in good condition with people driving to the left and around to the roads going out from there.

Foggy but looked to be about a dozen people out fishing already this morning.

Fish On!

Raining pretty good here now. Good duck hunting weather...but you would be hardcore to be out there fishing. smile

Sure wish it was snowing instead.

Fish On!

Rain didn't last too long and radar looks like everything has passed. Starting to break up and looks like the sun is trying to come thru.

Fish On!

• The title was changed to Lake Minnewaska Fishing Reports - Ice Conditions