• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Lost

What's the difference?

Lost

I've been trying to figure out the difference between a Lindy Rig and a Carolina Rig. Can anybody tell me what the difference is and what situations call for one or the other? I've never used either but want to start this year.

irvingdog

If your fishing for Walleye, it's a Lindy rig. If you're fishing for Bass, it's a Carolina! grin.gif

Lunker

Boy I hope I don't screw this up. Here's my understanding.
Generally a lindy rig is composed of a no-snag or lindy type sinker above a swivel, with a leader generally of 18" to 6ft, fished with a hook(spinner optional) and live bait. Main use is for walleyes.

A carolina rig is something I'm more used to. Its a bullet weight and bead (bead optional for sound and knot protection) fished above a swivel of generally shorter leader, 1-3ft fished with a plastic such as a worm, lizard, or craw. Used for fishing deeper structure for bass.

I don't do much walleye fishing, but for bass Carolina rigs are nice if the fish are on deeper structure like humps, weedlines, points, and rockpiles. Good luck

p.s. glass beads are best for carolina because they make a better clacking sound.