• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
STLCardsFan

Medicine Lake Help

STLCardsFan

Myself and two friends from the St. Louis Area will be visiting a friend in Burnsville next week, and we are Jonesing for walleye action. We are bringing the families but have one day for the guys to go fishing. Unfortunately, it is up to me to figure out where to go, and the relatively close proximity of Medicine to Burnsville and the positive fishing posts seem to make it an ideal place to go. No one has a boat, so can anyone turn me on to rentals? For the record, fishing is my lifelong passion and conservation is my avocation. HELP!

CrappieMagnet

Yes you can rent a boat at Harty's Boatworks.His number is 763-546-6711
He has pontoons with locators and Lund fishing boats.
CM

[This message has been edited by CrappieMagnet (edited 06-20-2004).]

moby1

I agree on the rentals but if you are jonesing for some waldo action I would suggest another lake. Sure there are some eyes and you may pick one up here or there but a walleye hotspot it is not. I fish the lake a ton and only target eyes once in a while but in the last couple years I have only seen 3 and caught one. Good luck if ya get out on Med. I would suggest tonka for walleyes.

STLCardsFan

Thanks so much Magnet and Moby. Is there another lake of reasonable size that anyone could recommend? My track record is pretty poor as a first timer on an enormous lake.

CrappieMagnet

You could also try Lake Waconia.I'm sure theres a place you can rent a boat.Possibly In-Towne Marina?

CM

bart simpson

Or you could take a 30 minute drive south and try French Lake near Faribault. There's a little of everything in that lake (muskies, walleyes, panfish). If you are interested shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you some info.

Nick
nswanson at riverway.com substitute @ for "at"

G_man

Or a guide on the St. Croix would treat you well.

bass-o-matic

Save the rental money, hire a guide, and get in on the 'eye action out on Tonka!

STLCardsFan

You folks are too much. I've never witnessed anyone so willing to lend a helping hand. I don't want to leave anyone out, so a big Thank You to all! Keep your lines wet.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wanderer
      If ever a person wanted to accelerate their learning curve on Osakis, this would be a good time to do it! I’ll try to keep it open but I never know what’s going to happen with the kids wedding coming up - at our house - in September. Thanks for putting this on Borch. 😎
    • Wanderer
      I haven’t fished it but would use chubs like you mentioned if I did. Good luck ozzie.
    • SupraFishin
      Does anyone know where I can rent and/or use a paddle board on Vermilion? Thanks!
    • matt320
      We fished the small lake a few week back the water was really high. No luck with bass around the pads tried Texas rigged worms and spinner baits, we did find crappies in 8-10" around Lilly pads and reeds crappies were caught on panfish leaches and small glow jigs. 
    • Sunset Lodge
      Hello from Sunset Lodge!

In Minnesota, walleyes and pike have been found using crank-baits on the south side of Oak Island.  Walleye have also been caught pulling spinners in 26-30 feet using gold and green.

In Ontario, walleye have been very active using pink and orange jigs on the breaks of reefs or casting shallow crank-baits in 8-12 feet by rocky shoreline points.  A good mixed bag of smallmouth and pike have been found with the walleye as well.

Musky fishing has really picked up with lots of fish over 40+ inches.  Fishing sand and weedy bays near rock reefs have produced well using buck-tails, small crank-baits and top-water baits. 

Until next week!
      Sunset Lodge
    • ANYFISH2
      Definitely getting ready for archery season!
    • Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you. 
    • Mike89
      I'd try to catch ya at lunch for a bit, if not doing something else...
    • FishingWebGuy
      Am I the only one? Less than two months 'till archery opener. 
    • Borch
      A group of us are planning on getting together on Lake Osakis for the day on 8/18/18 for a day of fishing and a midday picnic at the Battle Point Park.  We would enjoy connecting with some fellow anglers from the site to connect and have some fun.  Osakis is a great lake for big gills, slab crappies, nice walleye, pike, smallmouth and largemouth bass.  The best walleye bite has been during low light periods.  Sunfish and crappie bite all day.  We plan on taking a break around noon at the Battle Point Park for lunch.  Right now tentatively looking to connect around 8-9 at the access.  Otherwise look for a red and white Warrior and connect with me, "Borch" on the water I'd you'd like.   I might even have a fishing report really fresh fishing report for you.