• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Orchard Lake

They censor Crappie (minus the pie)? hmmm... But yeah. I don't want to become a fish stick tonight frown.gif

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beef46

• buzzsaw

• Crawlerman

• Timmeye

Hmm.. what can I say that isn't censored about tonight's weather wink.gif Well the stuff went AROUND the Twin Cities at the last SECOND because I decide to go home.

If I had went to Orchard it would have came down HARD. So for everyone in the Metro that had a NICE night on the lake fishing;

you had ME to thank for that frown.gif

Hey Beef46,
Don't you mean that was you getting manhandled with your little rod?!

No, you seem excited about your son getting that fish. I still think it's more fun watching someone else catch fish. That is great!! Your 4 year old can almost out fish dad, watch out next year!!!!!
That was a nice crappy, you had some nice pictures of both fish!

------------------
Get the Net!!

Awwww, I was on the lake from 5:30 til just before 9:00 and the front moved thru in a hurry... a little pizzle but no lightning. My report was approx 15 small - medium crappies and approx a dozen bass.. the largest only about two lbs. No size but decent action... I'll probably be out again Saturday morning.... I'll be on Prior Lake all day Friday with the wifey poo.

Mike,

Let me know how it goes on Prior. I've been wanting to fish it. Maybe you and I can get together and just take one boat.

I'll be down on Byllesby all weekend catching nothing but carp. Bleckkkkk!!!! I'll bring you back a couple of coolers full. smile.gif

Hey guys sorry i missed out on the action the other day had a few bad days at work and was just ready to come home and do nothing.Buzz I have herd that the eyes are still going on prior but get there early and troll #5 rapalas along the weed edges in 10-15 fow.I will be out sat. morning with my dad hes comming up for a visit this weekend and I told him I would get him on a musky or two over the holiday.Have you heard anything about french lake lately?Anyway brian glad to hear about the nice crappie you got I gather you got it in the spot I saw you and buzz in the night we were all out there.Well you guys all have a great weekend fishing and I'll see you on the water.

You can send $20 to:

Beef46
P.O Box 911
FishingFreak, MN. 00911

Thank you

What's up Jeff,

Yeah, that was the spot.

See you next time.

I've been lurking the forums for a couple of years now and just wanted to thank you folks!
I was looking for a lake to break in a new boat and get some fishing in and the Orchard Lake regulars had just the ticket!
I finally got my new boat a week ago and took it out on Orchard last night in spite of the rain and had a fine time.
My partner and I didn't exactly set the world on fire (It was too wet!), but we did manage to pick up two nice pike and a few small bass, with one follow by a juvenile 'ski.
I can see why you folks like that lake!
Thanks again.
(I'd give that new black Lund Fisherman 1800 a wide berth- the new owner's still learning how to drive it!)

I got out on Sunday afternoon with a boatful of my nephews and there were alot of recreational boats/jetski's buzzing around with people that (I assume) do not normally cruise the lake and the courtesy normally associated between rec boats/fishing boats was just not happening. On one hand I was frustrated, on the other I kind of understood the situation of some of these people who probably get on the lake twice a year and don't know better manners... Did I mention that most of the rowdies were women drivers... crazy huh... now I know how they feel when us men are on the roads in our sportcars or whatever hooptie we drive.
oh, the fishing was slow.. hot sunny day. some small crappies and bass... thats all folks. Sorry I just had to rant a bit.

I tried to get out on there on both sat and sun got to the lake at 6:00 am on sat and no spot to park,so I thought I would be really smart and get there at 5:30 on sun but was foiled again.So I fished on marion sunday till about 8:30 or so the fishing was good to average for bass had to work for them a bit but not to hard.Watched 2 guys catch a limit of nice average sized walleyes 15-17" or so they looked from about 50-70 yards away.Buzz you wouldn't live on a corner lot with a grey house would you? Anyway good luck to all and keep your lines wet!

Jmusky, yep thats my house on the back corner of Orchard. Like I told Brian, if you can't get a parking spot at Orchard call me and if we have space available (which we normally would) you are more than welcome to park your trailer in our driveway.

Mike

There were plenty of spots to be had on Saturday Evening....after it decided to pour buckets, that is.
I took my SO out there Sunday and watched the jet-ski's churn the lake to a froth, but the parking lot was full.
I'll be taking a day off in the near future to take her there.....

Hey Buzzsaw,

My name is Tim and I just moved to Lakeville from Hampton/Farmongton area and had a few questions for ya. My girlfriends Dad is coming up from Iowa on the weekend of the 31st and is a hard core Musky man and he has asked me if I could get him out on Orchard over that weekend. Well I am aware that there is only 10 trailer spots on the lake and they usually are full by 5:30 in the morning. I had read one of your postings stating that you live on the lake and might have a spot or 2 to park at. I was just wondering if I could possibly entice you to (with the proper compensation that is) see if I could make some type of arrangement with you for a parking spot over that weekend. I would be happy to compensate you quite healthily for any help you might be able to provide me so I can get him on the lake. I realise that my request is quite presumptuos and if you are not interested or availible at that time I certinly understand. Either way I greatly appreciate any help you might offer.

Thanks,

Timmeye

Hey Buzzsaw,

My name is Tim and I just moved to Lakeville from Hampton/Farmongton area and had a few questions for ya. My girlfriends Dad is coming up from Iowa on the weekend of the 31st and is a hard core Musky man and he has asked me if I could get him out on Orchard over that weekend. Well I am aware that there is only 10 trailer spots on the lake and they usually are full by 5:30 in the morning. I had read one of your postings stating that you live on the lake and might have a spot or 2 to park at. I was just wondering if I could possibly entice you to (with the proper compensation that is) see if I could make some type of arrangement with you for a parking spot over that weekend. I would be happy to compensate you quite healthily for any help you might be able to provide me so I can get him on the lake. I realise that my request is quite presumptuos and if you are not interested or availible at that time I certinly understand. Either way I greatly appreciate any help you might offer.

Thanks,

Timmeye

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Welcome aboard CanoeCruiser and Timmeye!!! smile.gif

Thanks Rick! I apprecitate the welcome! I've been watching for a long time and finally got off my butt and signed on. So many questions, so little time. I hope I can help contribute to this incredible resource as much as it has contributed to helping me. Sorry about the double post by the way. Good luck to you and everyone else!
Tight lines!

Timmeye

Timmeye, It's Ok, I don't mind you asking... I'd like to talk to you or meet you.. as I have with Beef46 & Jmusky.... both quality guys!! I'd say to call me on my cell between 5-8 PM and we could chat.... 651-336-3049. I've truly only got one extra spot...
FYI... to all Orchard lake folks.. you can park across from the beach by the horse ranch area and walk to the beach and have someone in your party drive across the lake and meet you at the beach. There are no "No parking trailer signs" in that area and I've seen many people doing it..... parking that is. ( :
Mike

Mike,

Thank you so much for the reply. From the postings I have read you fellas sound like a great bunch of guys and I look forward to getting to know ya all. Thanks also for the posting of your cell number. I will most likely give a a call on my way home sometime tonite. If you see 651-983-3608 on your cell phone that will be me. I'm very excited to get to chat with ya and really appreciate the help very much. Hopefully we can work something out. Have a great day and if you go out tonite, good luck!

Thanks Again,

Timmeye

Don't park there guys....Mike is just trying to get you towed!!!!!!

There are also no fish in Orchard Lake. Mike has already caught them all.

Kidding.

Uh oh..........Buzz leaked the secret of the horse ranch....................... wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Beef46 (edited 07-13-2004).]

Beefy, Isn't that were you and your girlfriends used to park???? ( :

Nice fish kpj5br. Go check out page 18 of the "Bragging Board" photos for another Orchard Lake bass from last Tuesday.

Good Fishing.

Mike,

Just wanted to say I enjoyed our chat last nite and I am very much looking forward to getting to meet you and the other fine fellas soon! Just let me know if tonite will work otherwise we can plan for sometime later this month. Hope your having a great day and thanks again for all the help!

Tim

This place sound pretty fun. I am lookin for a new lake to try. I primarily fish Early saturday morinings. Where is the lake? I might like to try it out some day. Thanks.!!

Timmeye, I'm going to go with my wife and child to swim school for the lil' fella tonight... but we'll hookup soon..
Dragonmaster... be sure and get there early... like 5:30ish....
Beefy: you still parked in the woods???

My bad Mike, Must have miss heard you last nite! Wow! That sounds like an action packed weekend to me! 4 lakes in 4 days! Yeeehaaawww! Never the less I hope you have a great weekend! Unfortunately I'm leaving friday for hinkly and returning on sunday. I'll look forward to getting together with ya in the near future!Thanks again.

Tight Lines!

Timmeye