• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NEW Rush Report(chisago)

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FasterThanYou23

• JACOB09

• bassphish2005

• PSourasinth

I just talked to my buddy that is on West Rush today and said there is 15"-17" of ice out by cigar island. He said there are full-size pickups and Wheelhouses out there. I am planning on taking my wheelhouse out there tomorrow.

does anyone know if there is a plowed road out from the public access yet? i have a 2wd ford explorer that cant get to far in the deep snow

I was out yesterday at 3:00, there were plowed roads with cars on them out of the west access. The snow is pretty deep if you get off of the roads and 4x4 is a must if you leave the roads or high traffic areas. I was fishing in a spot where almost zero traffic has been and I measured 12" of ice with my tape measure. I have to admit I was a little nervous because I had my truck out there and more than likely there are probably spots where there is less ice. There were many big trucks on the ice although I am not saying it is safe being no ice is ever safe. Bring a shovel because there are spots where slush is showing up there is a good chance that you may get stuck if you want to go off of the beaten path. All of this snow is definatly becoming a pain for all of us ice fishermen. Good Luck!

Was out there today... What a zoo! It was insane but still a blast. More trucks, cars, and wheelers than I could count. West Rush today probably became a star city on the map. Caught me some good eaters and was marking fish through out the day into night. Will be back out tomorrow!

I was out on West Rush yesterday. Lots of people and lots of trucks. I measured 14 inches of ice near Wilson(?)Island. Caught a handful of 9-10 inch crappies. If anyone travels off the packed roads on the ice you for sure need a 4x4 because of the snow.

You guys are right, there is a lot of slush in a lot of places.

A couple things to consider.

* There was a solid wall of shacks and trucks from the tip of cigar, down the length of wilson, and well past bird. If there were less than 850 shacks and porties out there I would be suprised.

* If you dont have a 4 wheel drive vehical, dont bother. You will be fishing just of the road, no prospecting. The landing is another thing. I spent 25min at the landing last night waiting on a couple of "one wheel spinners" that were stuck about half way up.

We went searching and did find good sunfish. Went places you would NEVER get a vehical to and had a good time. But I HATE crouds, so I wont be back for a long while.

You guys are right, there is a lot of slush in a lot of places.

A couple things to consider.

* There was a solid wall of shacks and trucks from the tip of cigar, down the length of wilson, and well past bird. If there were less than 850 shacks and porties out there I would be suprised.

* If you dont have a 4 wheel drive vehical, dont bother. You will be fishing just of the road, no prospecting. The landing is another thing. I spent 25min at the landing last night waiting on a couple of "one wheel spinners" that were stuck about half way up.

We went searching and did find good sunfish. Went places you would NEVER get a vehical to and had a good time. But I HATE crouds, so I wont be back for a long while.

I had the same experience, tons of people, lots of slush. In some spots I measured 10 inches of slush

One more thing I forgot to add...

Under that slushthere is about 12" (give or take an inch) of ice in most spots, but it is the softest 12" I have drilled threw in years.

A guy got hit by a vehical last night checking his tip up around 8:30 when I was leaving.WATCH WHERE YOURE GOING OUT THERE!!!!!!!!Saw a truck full of idiots out there earlier last night doin about 50mph sideways and almost hit a parked car. Unbelievable.SLOW IT THE #$%! DOWN!!!

WOW, that has got to be a first! A few years back I saw a snowmobile hit a fishhouse at about 50mph. Its too bad that everyone needs to keep thier eyes peeled when ice fishing Rush.

I witnessed the gong show out there today. It must be required that you drink Budweiser out there and leave your cans and trash on the ice. I swear ice fishing brings out the most dirtballs. It’s a sad representation of our sport.

I think Rush lake attracts all the idiots there are in MN and puts them on ice. I wish they would police the lake alot. There would be alot of DUI,and DWI's to be had!

It was packed out there today!

I was amazed with the towns that are out there already in many of the old reliable spots. Pretty awesome December ice! Houses on top of houses. My first opportunity to get out this year and it was fun. I actually could view the jigs from my neighbors tonight.

Chatted briefly with some good guys by Cigar and listened to the drunken party one house over. Folks are excited to be out and fishing! THe energy was fun.

It was fun to see fish cruise through every once in a while and to jig a handful up off the bottom

Euro larvae ~ not so much. Minnows for you all?

Yes, West Rush without the "cities" is like winter without the cold. Yeah right! I found even my secluded spot to have a community on it. Man! I fished about 50 yds away on the most acceptable spot I could find, and really had to work for a limit. I mean 11 fish in 7 hours. Kept 9 and most crapps were at 9 inches. Had a couple about 10 and 1 at 11. Too caotic for me though. Waxy's.

Even in the summer it's a zoo.

I live very close to the lake, and have had to except the fact to only fish it during the week.

Hunter

Originally Posted By: Neighbor_guy

If this number of 850 shacks is any where near accurate, it is about 2 to 3 times the busiest years, and 4 to 5 times the last couple...

Next year or so, all the deadheads will be scratching their behinds, where their brains are, wondering what happened...why they can't get a fish over 8"...not to mention all the drunks, noise, trash, and excrement... crazy

My guess as of last friday was 750 shacks on west rush. It's a zoo

Please, Lets not turn this thread into a fight about who can fish where.

NAG, until someone plows the roads on the lake any travel is going to be tough. Here in Braham at noon we measured 13" of new snow with a tape measure and we may have gotten another inch or two since. The snow is fluffy but still is going to be a major pain for us ice fishermen.

Well I was out on West last week and my dumb "bad word" left my poles next to the car. I have a four year old and was distracted with him. When I finally got everything, including the kid (but the poles), loaded in the car I got the heck out of there. Then the next day I went to go out again I realized I was missing something... I have already been given the lecture about to much fishing stuff from the wife. I cant wait to hear what she has to think about me after buying new poles.

If everyone has a problem with the idiots that are trashing the lake, I think they have this thing called the tip line, stop your crying to us and start telling someone who has some power to do it! If we all get to gether and call TIP I think the message willbe sent. Lets turn this thread back into talking about fishing!