• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Eaters,Slabs & Mules

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• palisade1kid

• catchnothing

• Bluegill1510

• wismitty

We are still having our way with these fish,but with the storm it had gotten pretty tough.

Thurs and Fri were better days with today the hardest.

Here's a few pics from the last few days.

08iceseason212-1.jpg

08iceseason214.jpg

P1060517.jpg

P1060519.jpg

08iceseason207-1.jpg

08iceseason209-1.jpg

08iceseason210-1.jpg

Hey Crappie. I was up at section 10 two weekends ago. Had very good look with the panfish. Heading up on saturday. I will be on a black polaris 800 snowmobile and guide fish trap. Stop by and say hi if you are around. late afternoon has been the bite, like always.

There were a bunch of people on our point but i was on the west side of the lake. will start on the same spot this weekend. Later.

BTW, those are some great crappie pics. i will post a couple a crappie and bass pics if I can get them off my blackberry!!!!

hey ck just wanted to say thanks again it took me a while but once i got it they came easier see ya on the ice

I was glad you had joined us DB.

I'm glad I could be of some help. Boy did they get tough.

Did you get anymore after we had left?

Walleye....looking forward to your pics.I doubt I'll be over that way.

I know 12 has been pumping some out too.

CK

I was up last week and all the fish i caught off the main landing on 65 was spitting up Shrimp, and large ones too.

Wismitty

There ya go....maybe they are so full of other foods that they do not want much.

Good pointer.

See you on the ice Wismitty this weekend.

Gonna try out past the slide in the 34 fow hole.

It's getting too busy were I had been fishing.

I'll be out there in a green lodge with a red pack shack conjoined.

If I can't mark fish I suppose I'll head back to the city.

hey ck my son and i will be heading up there 1/10 just wondering which landing would be more ideal the nw or the sw thanks

Stuck a few.....

08iceseason230-1.jpg

08iceseason225.jpg

08iceseason228-1.jpg

08iceseason242.jpg

08iceseason226-1.jpg

The bite was slow and tough.Had to work several fish to find a biter.Using very small baits.

The fish of the day by our youngest...

08iceseason219.jpg

Tough day today.

08iceseason244.jpg

08iceseason250.jpg

Several came and left ,but we manged a decent meal working 100th oz jigs.Caught a dozen ,but it took all day.

Yup with a size 10 or 12 hook.

I did get 1 on an 80th oz but then I had 8-10 give chase only to stop at my 6 and turn away.

As soon as I had dropped to the 100th ...bang,bang,bang.

the hair also gets shorter and thinner giving that smaller profile view.

I've been seeing many guys come and leave with next to nothing or nothing.The bite has been so light a spring bobber should almost be mandatory.

Some guys think small is a 32nd or a 64th oz,but these are huge right now.

We are getting into that period of low oxygen .Those fish are getting lethargic.

As fishermen ,we need to start thinking downsizing and slowing down our lifts.

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure I have never fished with a jig that small, but I should give it a shot. I talked to another guy this weekend who smoked some nice gills with tiny little jigs.

I have 4 lb line on all my rods, I will prolly have to spool something up with 2 lb and give the 1/100 ounce a shot next time I'm out. Euros work well with jigs that small, I assume?

CK I agree from now until March your going to have to go small, I even go smaller and use size 14 & 16 hooks sometimes when the bite is tough. Just curious do you pour your own jig heads so you get them to the 80th and 100th oz? I started tying my own lures for panfish, and I know cabelas sells jigs for tying that small, but I've thought about pouring my own as cabelas isn't to close.

New to the site have a question for you guys. I just put my picture on my account and it doesn't show up on my screen. Does it have to be approved by the admin first?

CK I agree from now until March your going to have to go small, I even go smaller and use size 14 & 16 hooks sometimes when the bite is tough. Just curious do you pour your own jig heads so you get them to the 80th and 100th oz? I started tying my own lures for panfish, and I know cabelas sells jigs for tying that small, but I've thought about pouring my own as cabelas isn't to close.

Good luck finding molds that small...

I got a guy that does them for me.

I know a guy in town that pours gill jigs with a #24 hook....talk about freaking tiny.

Wow on #24 that is small I have some hooks that small for tying but you'd have to let the crappie or bluegill take it for 5 minutes like a walleye on a deadstick to get a good hook set. Interesting, the jigs from cabelas work just fine I was just curious if your poured your own or what. But I agree small presentation works the best now.

Naw....for the time involved I can get them pretty inexpensive.

I'd be carefull with Cabelas hooks.I had a bunch snap on me.I ended up tossing all of them.

CK. how is the getting around on Big Sandy.? Do you need a 2 wheel drive.? How are the other lakes in the area for getting on.?

And, hows the fishing.?

Thanks.