• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
DaveyJWBL

Red-tailed Creek Chubs

DaveyJWBL

Does anyone know where red-tailed creek chubs can be found? I am more interested in finding these for fall fishing, but would like to know what I need to do now so I can be prepared.

Thanks in advance!

Ray Esboldt

Go to Vado's bait in Spring Lake Park. They pretty much always have them.

Now, if you're talking fishing for them, that's a little tougher game. When I've done it and the guys I know that do it regularly, we've used ice flies with a waxie or a single Eurolarve. Find good current and find rocks on a small stream. Bridges work well too. Bring a trap-door bait bucket and your waders, and just start fishing.

I doubt many red-tail fishermen are going to divulge their spots, so you'll need to do your own leg work.

------------------
Ray Esboldt

Catch-N Tackle
MarCum
Stone Legacy

fishfearme

You are going to have a hard time finding red tail chubs any where in the state right now. Walleye tournament fisherman have grabbed them all up. Small suckers can be just as effective.

------------------
Shut up and fish!