• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

there is a whole city on lake two lol i measered 7 in today

o yea there a guy landing his plane on the lake also

i bet people will be driving out there next weekend

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tunrevir

• Fuzzbient

• jpaulson

• hunter322

I had a solid six inches where I was at today in one spot and 75' away 4.5. I saw sleds and wheelers out but opted to walk out again. Slow night, marked a few fish but didn't get anything for the bucket. I'll be out prospecting again early this week.

Tunrevir~

I know Timm's is where the snowmobile trail is, but I don't know if they'll let you pull your house through there. You could just go right through and see if anyone stops you. Just make sure it's in a good spot, I still have my key from last year.

Crappies starting to bite yet on lake 1? Thinkin about headin up there this weekend and givin it a try if i dont go anywhere else.

Just checked things out again today and there is still a duckpond with open water on the Nw side of first towards the middle. Solid 6"s in most areas with a few over 8. Be careful where you travel and especially at night!

Tunrevir~

Anyone see the meat head in the red astro van drive out and around willow point and back just to whip shities and leave, tonight?

God some people just amaze me. I guess people like that wont learn until they're swimmin with the fishies.

Anyone see the meat head in the red astro van drive out and around willow point and back just to whip shities and leave, tonight?

No, I didn't see that particular meathead, but as I was walking off on Sunday evening, a full size (older) truck drove off the lake and up the boat launch on lake one. Couldn't believe it.

Tim

Hey TimR, have you been fishing out from the old Holiday station and over in front of the apartments? I saw a polaris and a tub style shelter this past weds and was wondering if that was you.

Tunrevir~

Hey TimR, have you been fishing out from the old Holiday station and over in front of the apartments? I saw a polaris and a tub style shelter this past weds and was wondering if that was you.

Tunrevir~

I've been heading East-Northeast off of the landing on 1 until I hit somewhere between 9 and 15 feet of water. Still walking out, haven't brought the sled yet. Black canvas on a 1-man flipover with yellow spraypainted DNR numbers is me. You won't see me this weekend, I'll be heading up to Upper Red!

Tim

There are multiple folks running sleds out there right now as well as 4 wheelers and off the landing shouldn't be a problem. There is still an area that appears to be open or just froze over out on the middle of firstlake. Easy to see during the daylight but would be tough at night. There were 2 ducks sitting there yesterday afternoon but I haven't actually ventured out to take a look just used binoculars. I saw 2 cars parked on the ice over by the bay this afternoon but I'd definately not take a vehical out on the ice past the shoreline right now.

Tunrevir~

Drove past Willow Point and saw quite a few cars parked on the ice Tonight. There's quite a bit of ATV and snowmobile traffic too. Got the shack license Tonight and can't wait to get out there!

is it safe for a snowmobile out of the 1st lake access yet? how about the willow access??

watch it! I was out there middle of 1st last night on the sled (fine tuneing the race sled) and YIKES! I did catch a couple of slushy spots. Second lake is good, and i did not go onto third.

I may try and head out this weekend and look from some crappies. Guy across the street said it has been pretty slow so far.

I did a lot of scouting on lake 3 tonight and found around 7 inches of ice everywhere. Everywhere I dropped the cam down the fish looked extremely sluggish and bound to the bottom. Saw quite a few sunnies, crappies, perch, and even one huge crayfish. I think I'll be moving the shack quite a bit before I find a good spot this year. Anyone hitting any eyes out there yet?

It has been inconsistent for me this year so far picking up a walleye one night and then none the next, then 2, then none the next, and so on. I think the weather ups ande downs has an effect. Even the crappies are tightliped and needed to be coaxed into biting where I have been. The eyes I have caught have been in the 8-12' range, crappies in 15+. Hopefuly the bite will wind up and take off once the weather straightens out.

Tunrevir~

I caught a bunch of perch last Saturday in the wind storm on lake 3. Nearly had my Ice Cube blown away...Ice was solid 6 inches. It was too windy for me to try to figure out where to set up so I just plopped down on any likely spot.

The bite for me has been shortlived in the evening from about 430-515, I haven't had a flag later then that and have sat most nights till about 730. I think with this warmup tomorrow things might pick up a bit. You'll probably find the fish in the same areas as you were getting them this fall as they will stay on the weed edges right theough winter.

Tunrevir~

i would like to bring the kid out a bit tomorrow, is 2nd lake safe for a snowmobile? I saw a truck out there today but that does not mean its safe.

I'd say that there is 8-10 inches of ice in most areas of the lake right now and you should be okay with a sled tomorrow. I took my wheeler out tonight without any problems and paln to take it out again tomorrow afternoon for a bit. I saw a pickup with a large wheelhouse out by the beach today and he dragged it out with the truck and then unhooked and backed off a ways with the truck. Was still sitting out there at 745 when I was coming off the lake. I am still seeing a few ducks sitting out on a dark patch out in the middle of first, wonder if they froze in this a.m. with the chilly temps.

Tunrevir~

I am thinking about getting out for the 1st time this year. Want to try Forest for the 1st time ever. Don't like going solo first time out on new water, so if someone would'nt mind hooking up, would be great. The wife WILL NOT ice fish, and non of my buddies do either. Pansies! Got all my own stuff, just weary of going out solo. Take care, Rivernut. PS, I am not Jeffery Dahmer-like LOL [email protected] or 763-234-0638, Thanks

I did get out today, lake 1 for a couple hrs. Some decent perch and some tiny bass. New shack is sweet and I survived 2 idiots on 4 wheelers.