• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

Silver Lake - Oakdale

Has any one of you guys fished in that lake recently? If so, what have you been catching?
I've fished there a few years ago and only caught 1-2lbs pikes, thats about it.

Slyster

BUMP! I'm interested too

Big Fish Hunter247

I have fished there recently but all I found was the 1-2 pound pike there are some nice fish in the but they are few and far between.
Pretty much fish where ever there is shallow weed which is pretty much the whole lake and find the deep weed lines right next to the deep hole thats where I have found all of my fish

Big Fish Hunter247

P.S Silver Is actually in North St Paul unless you are talking about a different one than I am

Crawlerman

I hear that lake has everything from Smallies and Muskies to channel cats.

The problem is it weeds up REALLY REALLY fast. It was amusing last year when I watched someone try to waterski on it. I don't know WHY anyone thinks they need to waterski on a less than 100 acre lake, but they got their just deserts. Every 5 minutes they'd hit a milfoil path and come to a complete stop, forcing the boater to clean off his lower unit.

They clear the weeds around the dock enough for bobber fishing, though using any kind of jig or bottom rig is hard as the weedcover near the bottom is really thick. I'm kinda curious abot the cats as the acess is open till 11 (unlike Tanners, grr!!). Anyone ever catch any channel cats out of Silver?

dwag70

I live in oakdale and have always taken kids fishing on that lake and in tens yaears we have never caught any panfish with any size !! there are alot of hammerhandle pike in there and have seen a 2 lbs bass but it is by no means a lake with anysize to it...
it gets hit pretty good during the winter too...a while back they put in a bunch of jumbo perch in there but i have not seen or heard of anyone getting one in a while .... i have tryed himself for cats at night myself (without luck) caught a walleye in there .. bout a 1 1/2 it might be still swimmin i let it go...dnr fisheries manage the lake as a kid fishery ... (thats what they told me) there are some tiger muskies in there too but they are the same size as the northerns .... the lake is pretty shallow (especially with the weeds) runs about 6-8 ft in southern part of the lake (towards nort st paul couple of deep holes north side .... if you want bigger pike and tigers i have been having good luck in lake elmo 4-10lbs take a little one to siler and they will have a great time lots of sunnies, 50cent size so think small i cant keep the hooks baited when we go.....

I've been meaning to go to Lake Elmo but my boat has been in the repair shop for 2 weeks now. Hopefully next week I will be able to go!

Too bad Silver lake doesn't have decent fish. I like that lake. Not too big, not too small..