• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Buffalo Lake Fishing Reports

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jigginjim

• fishersofmen

• Bigslugger

• Vex Guy

Chill noodlerod.

It's only fish. You should be concerned about having a good, laid-back time out on the ice with family and friends.... not a pi$$ match out there

sorry no pi$$ing match at all I just truly believe Vex Guy has me confused with someone else ! and if someone is talking about me i'd like them to get there facts straight first , like if they were on the oppisite side of the lake pulling them in like gang busters why were there never any holes their , ( oh yeah ! magic stealth mode ) and the first lake i fished on i only spent 2 nights there and moved to a differnt lake cuz of the unwanted company ! lake # 2 I fished up until a week ago , I fished same spot for a week and a half all to my self then moved cuz of unwanted company to oppisite side of lake where no one had been yet and fished there until last week , now moved to new lake altogether !! first ice I am very aware of my surroundings as I do not like followers or unwanted company , if you were there believe me I would have known like I said there were no holes even ..so bottom line I think you have me confused with someone else ... sorry !!!

Noodle

Believe what you want, here's a tip for ya!!

Every hear of covering your holes???? I never fish any lake without covering every hole we use.

Try it sometime and no one will ever know you were there either!!

They are still biting out there, but stay on your side of the lake.

PS: Don't Pi$$ yourself off now and go looking for my holes!!

You won't find them!!

I always try to leave little sign that I was in a fishing spot also, especially in the summer. I cover up my wakes quickly and replace all anchor divots.

I don't mean to interupt your dispute, but I was out on saturday. I found 18-19inches of ice out in front of the courthouse, hardly any snow. I was only out for a couple hours during the day, untill the freezing rain started. No luck with the fish, but I left before dusk so I wasn't expecting much. By the way, my lawn tractor worked great to pull my ottersled. For those of you that don't know, I modified my garden tractor with ATV tires and chains for ice fishing. I have pictures I'll post once I figure out how to get them from my phone onto the computer.

I don't mean to interupt your dispute, but I was out on saturday. I found 18-19inches of ice out in front of the courthouse, hardly any snow. I was only out for a couple hours during the day, untill the freezing rain started. No luck with the fish, but I left before dusk so I wasn't expecting much. By the way, my lawn tractor worked great to pull my ottersled. For those of you that don't know, I modified my garden tractor with ATV tires and chains for ice fishing. I have pictures I'll post once I figure out how to get them from my phone onto the computer.

I believe I saw you BradT..we were the ones with the Chevy 3500 (Had Hickman Excavating on it) with the Grey Ice Castle

I have not seen so many people fishing Buffalo before. Looks like next year will be a bummer year. so many 8-11 inch coming out I wonder how this will effect the lake.

I think it will be a big effect on the lake, and jim I think your right next year it is going stink out there big time. The one thing I dont understand is people go out and fish thats fine but why do you end up having to keep everything that you catch and then go back the next day bring your buddys and keep even more and repeat that cycle for weeks straight. I like keeping fish and I fish Buffalo alot in the winter 2-3 times a week I have kept 20 craps and 2 walleye. Catching hundreds of craps and 10 or so walleye. I guess what Im trying to say is what ever happened to catch and release.

I think it will be good for the people that know how to fish. Fewer fish but better quality. It won't be long and it will be like it was in the early 80's... Not a crappie to be found!!

I haven't fished Buffalo this year. I think I got out there once last year. I think I kept fish out there 2 or 3 times in 6 or 7 years.

4 or 5 years ago, I limited out in an hour on nice crappies in a few hours.

I kind of gave up on the lake because the random kids, etc. looking for beer handouts, etc. etc. etc.

Bigslugger: Yeah I think I saw you too. If we see each other again, come over and say hi. I'm still working on the pictures. It's a green Murray tractor, and a purple otter house.

I will for sure next time Brad. You got a good laugh out of all of us with the mower. A very good idea though. Make do with what you have.

How did you do by chance anyways?

Not very good, I didn't stay out late enough. that freezing rain got me out of there before dusk. I did see a couple little crappies on the aqua-vu, but nothing worth catching. I'm planning on going back out this weekend (weather permiting), hoping to stay out past dark and see what I can get. how did you do? The Tractor worked GREAT!!!

Our house did fairly well. My dad, my sisters, her friend, and a neighbor caught around 25 all over 10in

I didnt keep any just practiced catch and release on about 15 fish

The hot time seemed to be from 330 to 530

All again over 10" !!!! WOW!!! Your the only guy on lake that can do this night after night after night after night!!. All 10-11 plus inchers!! I'm going to follow you to your fish house because you must have a private fenced in pen under your fish house with the only 10-11" crappies in the lake!!!!!! Been all over this lake 20 different locations this year along with most of my buddies that must have surrounded you around the cout house most of the year, covered close to 80 different spots (and we have been fishing the lake for over 30 years now) but can't seem to get these limits of 10 to 11" fish!!

We must not be on the right structure or don't have the right measuring stick. Is there anyone else out there catching these limits of 10-11" fish?? With 500 people plus, there has to be someone other then Bigslugger????????????????????

Bigslugger

Not saying your a BSer, But you have to be!! Been on this lake along with my buddies most of my life and all of this season ( mainly in front of the court house). All fish when measued correctly come in around 9 1/2 to 9 3/4 and occaisonal 10" fish, but ALL over 10 or 11"????. Never all over 11 " or even close to all over 10".

Would really love to see a picture of the 11" stick and the measuring tape your using next to them all!!

Seriously Bigslugger? There is no way they are all over 10 or 11". Been fishing out there for many years myself and have fished, along with buddies, a lot in front of the courthouse this year and have never had limits of 10+ inchers! You're gonna have to post some pics with a tape next to em if you are serious. Anyone who knows buffalo well knows you can't catch limits of 10 or 11+ inchers every trip out!

Honestly if you don't believe me thats your own problem.

I know what our group has caught.

Weather or not you believe it is your own deal.

Im not going to come on here and lie about reports and steer people the wrong way. But Im not going to give out my secrets. I found this spot on PURE luck. It was my first time on the lake and no where to go and drilled 3 holes for my house. I hit the jackpot in my mind.

Friday night there was a guy out there with his 2 sons that were on the spot where I fish. I told him what they were hitting and gave him some of the jigs

Sure enough they had 10 fish 10-11"

If I was going to tell fish tales about some crappies on Buffalo wouldn't I make them a tad big like 12-13"???

Ill get a pic next to the tape next time if I do catch limits over 10" and if I dont I dont.

I dont want to come on here to have a battle match with fellow fisherman. I come on here to find new info and post my catches and thoughts

I have fished a handfull of times with the same results. A lot of crappies in the 8 - 10 inch range. I would guess maybe 1 out of 10 would be 11 inches. A few more in the 10 inch range. I have not measured anything over 11 1/2. I have been trying to target the walleyes but everything comes up crappies. Anyone having any luck with the walleyes? My guess is they are spooked. I had decent luck the last few years. Too busy out there right now for me. Going to try a few other lakes in area. Good Luck!

Last year I did a few times. All in one spot and all on one specific lure, except mine were all in the morning when it was quiet. Vex seriously though if I would move 30 ft from that spot I would catch nothing. Maybe there is something to that I don't know. Also as I said before with 500 people out there the majority aren't going to catch alot of fish. I've only fished Buffalo once this year because of all the traffic. Been pounding the crappies on 2 other lakes that are much quieter. I will maybe get out on Buffalo this week sometime and try it again......

Last year I did a few times. All in one spot and all on one specific lure, except mine were all in the morning when it was quiet. Vex seriously though if I would move 30 ft from that spot I would catch nothing. Maybe there is something to that I don't know. Also as I said before with 500 people out there the majority aren't going to catch alot of fish. I've only fished Buffalo once this year because of all the traffic. Been pounding the crappies on 2 other lakes that are much quieter. I will maybe get out on Buffalo this week sometime and try it again......

Thank you someone actually get it!

Bigslugger I would laugh if you are on the same spot....Or the same lure. I should get your e-mail.

hey drewski u will see those pics lol, I was with slugger and they were all over 11 inches. We dident even catch any that were under 10. ur just jealous that u cant catch nything and we can.