• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Rory

Buffalo Lake Fishing Reports

Rory

Has Buffalo lake froze over yet? If it has what does the ice condtions look like out by the courthouse.

vanwalleye

I heard it froze up Friday, so by this weekend someone should be out there.

izzy150

There were some open spots here and there yesterday when I drove by. If it stays cold someone will be out this weekend.

jigginjim

with the weather we are getting this week it could be another week, or more. Fish Pulaski

river rat316

You mean people aren't driving on it yet? grin

jigginjim

5yrs ago 8-10 cars and trucks went in on Buffalo, I was fishing from my boat on pulaski that same day. I think I had better luck.

mrklean

haha so your saying that we should take a boat on pulaski instead of driving on the ice on buffalo???

Blaze

YES.

Jacob

It looks like Buffalo is now froze over completly. I can only see so far though looking SW from town.

Rory

Thanks guys.

mrklean

constance is froze over, i was gonna walk out a little to see what the ice looks like

eyebjim

Has anyone checked the ice thickness on buffalo recently. I checked it on friday when it still had open spots in the middle. I got 1 inch on the south access and 3/4 inch at the north. It has to have increased since then.

DHanson

Wait a week or two.

eyebjim

no! grin

Blaze

jim - I think you'll be fine if you belly crawl and chisel a hole with a pocket knife. Be careful not to stand up, though - don't want to put all your weight in one spot.

Give it a shot and let me know how it goes. laugh

fshnut

With Buffalo froze over hasen't some checked the ice yet ???

Come on guys lets get some I C E R E P O R T S on BUFFALO and some of the Wright county lakes.

fshnut

eyebjim

I'll be checking it tonight. I'll let you know... Wise guy. If it's not good I'll just fish the lake I fished last weekend. Iced a real nice LM bass.

jigginjim

I drove by Constance Monday nite it still had open water. Buffalo is froze but not every even, had open water a could days ago.

eyebjim

I just checked buffalo

Went out about 200 yards and there was a solid 3.5 to 4" of ice on the south. I beleive the north side is a little thinner but I didn't check. Like jim said there are some spots out there that just froze so extreme caution is needed if anyone goes out. Spud bar all the way. I'm heading back with the portable. Pikes has bait now!

eyebjim

Well I went out for a while on Buffalo. I figured I'd try for some gills but got none. I had 3.5 inches of ice. I left early cause it was really windy. I don't like fishing first ice when windy especially when warm. You get these little rivers of water the wind pushes and with flow and warm it starts to melt pretty quick. Anyway I started to get some rivers flowing by so I called it a day. Tomorrow is gonna be windy and warm again so I may have to wait until saturday to get out there. Hopefully this warm and wind won't wreck it.

fshnut

Thanks for the Buffalo report.

Was there anyone else out there? Or were you the first one

out there?

You are right with this darn warm wetther and the wind, we

may have to cool it for a while yet. mad

fshnut

Rory

Just drove past Buffalo there was one guy out in front of the courthouse in the area were the big group of houses sets up. I didnt go out there because I had the family with, but might try Sunday if I dont get stuck doing household chores.

jigginjim

I just hope the cool weather stays, and no snow to keep the ice growing.

Drewski

All we can do now is hope the snow holds off for a while.

eyebjim

I didn't see anyone else out there at the time. Went out again tonight. Ice is about the same thickness and is a bit soft from the warm. I fished the dusk bite. She was cracking real good at dusk tonight with the cold setting in. I would still recommend to stay off or use extreme caution out there at this point.

federline

I'm watching you all out there from the comfort of my house. smile But don't count on me to call the county water rescue! grin

schlankki

was out on buffalo tonight by church bluff very spooky anywhere you go the ice changes depth from open water to 3 1/2 inches please use caution as there are geese keeping lake open

Huntin&Fishin

I've always wondererd hoew the fishing is over by that church bluff. It has a small under water point. I've alwaysed fished in the deep how and done well but was just curious?

stretch

i have done really good by church bluff during the spring and fall. but nothing during the winter. don't get it.

jigginjim

I would still recommend to stay off or use extreme caution out there at this point.

"Maybe you listen to yourself."