• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Whtie Bear lake boat launches...

Well... the public landing on Hwy 96 sucks! So crowded and too steep for my small car... I hit my car on concrete every time.. can't be good...

Can anyone tell me about the other landings? How much do they cost? Can anyone buy a permit for the whole summer etc? I am a non resident since I live in Maplewood.

I can't help but to notice there are some nice boat launches.. near the island and other areas.. they look nice and smooth and MUCH better than the public landing.

Tally's has a ramp, $5 or so?
No hassel, deep slant.

Parking by Wendys.

T.

I wonder.. do they have a seasonal one time fee? My car is SO low too.. makes it really hard.. I have a Firebird. Looks so funny parked in the lots surrounded by all those pickups and vans.

Sly,

Matoska park on the the northwest corner of the lake has a boat launch. You can buy a sticker from the city of White Bear Lake offices on Hwy. 61. The fee is $15 for residents and $25 for non-residents.

It's a good launch but gets pretty sandy. It might be a challenge for a car. Tally's is probably too steep, and I believe the fee is $25 per use. Tom Wheler must be remembering the good old days when it was $5. smile.gif

------------------
Ray Esboldt

Catch-N Tackle
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Thanks for the tips! yeah... I know that Wendy's closed many years ago too.. so I wondered if that was old info.. $25 per time? That would be rediculous... I can't imagine ANYONE paying that much unless it was just once per season for the rich who live on the lake.

Yep.. stinks having my car.. tires spin SO easy on sand. When my wifes van is paid off in 4 years I think I might buy a pickup and also sell the 14 foot Lund and get a REAL fishing boat.

Wendy's did close down awhile ago. Its now a Taco Johns. Either way Tally's is right there and they charge $10 to launch there. Its nice but definitely steep and spendy if you go there all the time. There is also a city launch right next to Manitou Island. I believe its $25 for the year. Not sure how steep that one is however.

The launch by Manitou is called mataska (sp.) park. The ramp is very nice with a gradual slope but plenty deep. Fee is $15 for res, 25 for non-res. Limited parking in the lot but parking is available on some of the streets in the area.

Have you tried the Bellaire launch? Its not that bad and its free!
Its on the south side of the lake.

Is that that tiny little park and teeny dirt road leading to the water? That's a boat ramp??

Bellaire is NOT a boat launch. I'm guessing you would be issued a ticket if you back your trailer in there. However, I'm sure you could carry a canoe or cartop in there. It supposed to be a beach, but it's not much of that either.

------------------
Ray Esboldt

Catch-N Tackle
MarCum
Stone Legacy

yeah.. that's what I thought!

hey.. those fees you guys are talking about... like 15 for residents and 25 for non... are those for the season or just ONE launch?

If it's for 1 launch... eeek! No way!

Sorry, I assumed it was, since they had a road going to the water. Couldn't think why they would made a road to the water.

I know there is at ramsey co beach at the north end. Wait, I'm not sure of that now either....

WhaTT,

I think it may have been a launch in the past. I know you can drive out of there ice fishing.