• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Turtle lake 2004 and what is C&R for?

OK.... Heard good things about Turtle lake. Two questions.

1- I hear it is C&R... is this for all species? If not... for which species does this apply?

2- Where and what are fish hitting on? What type or lures or is live bait always best? Any tips would be so welcome as I am such a newbie. I understand people not wanting to give away TOO much info.. but something for us to start on would be cool.

• 2 weeks later...

Any other tips??? Going there tomorrow with the 4 y/o. Tx!

Fish the other side of the rock pile in 10-17 ft. Just go across the bouys if your coming from the landing and you'll catch plent of bass and northerns. Suckers and shiners have worked the best.

Ole

I've never fished this lake before but may give it a try this weekend. Will post results if I make it out.

Couple quick questions:

Access is via the park in the SE corner?

Number of ramps, trailer stalls?

Fair amount of docks on the lake?

Buoys mark the rock bar for the most part?

Thanks for the help.

DB

WOW! That stunk!

Was windy and cold... only 1 crappie on the East shore. Thanks for the tip however! Didn't see it in time but will grab some minnows next time. I did fish that exact area with crank baits, but I just don't think they were biting today for the most part.

Go up Hodgson.. turn left at the Junior High.. you will see that on your right.. well marked... few blocks past DQ.

Lots of docks.. very developed... Bouys marking the shallows.. really not less than 3 feet deep though.. and a few bullrush islands nearby.

Must have at least 30+ parking spots.. VERY nice ramp.. not steep at all. Nice dock too. Was all alone there today.. not another car or boat in site... until 4:00ish.

Tried Twisters, redeyes, couple of colors of 6ft rapalas. Didn't have any live bait.

Was fun to get out though... until the skies started to get pretty dark!

[This message has been edited by Slyster (edited 06-11-2004).]