• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Darkhouse Spearing Photos Gallery

bassNspear

hes booked for this year, he told me of two other guys that make that same type of spears and one of them makes them with the same tools he's does.

My spear is a Fabeck spear. Michael Fabeck works with Kramer and uses his same jigs, tools, etc. I ordered it last may and received it days before Christmas. I have speared 16 Northerns and have thrown some 10 ft or more angle shots and hit right on! My lazer cut spear would vear off. I love my new spear! http://bigmaple.com/fabeck/index.html

DSC04043.JPG

I am bringing a 10 year old kid and his father for the third time this year tomorrow. This is their first year spearing. His father bought him a spear and they bought their own buddy heater! (that's my spear in this photo)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<>< father and son first year spearing ><>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ DSC04068.JPG

Its great to see new people in the sport way to go betterlabs thats awesome and that spear is making me drool.... how wide is it at the tines looks like massive coverage?

Betterlabs is right. I just handled a Fabeck spear for the first time over the past weekend and it is indistinguishable from a Kraemer copper handled spear. Spearhead is correct that the blued Kraemer spears with bronze inlay and wood handles are unique. Sorry no pictures of mine as my digital camera access is temporarily closed (wife and daughter commandeered!).

Kraemer copper 7 tine:

303.jpg

Kreamer handle end:

JKreamerspear2008172.jpg

Here is another example of a "Dillo" type spear with turned weighted center design by Lee Moening of St Cloud:

LMoeningspear2008180.jpg

Moening spear end:

LMoeningspear2008181.jpg

Here is an example of yet another Dillo type spear, often referrd to as "Amish. This is a pike a friend's dad speared near the tail and the spear held well:

Amishspearwith17lbpikeIMG_4671-2.jpg

Finally here is one of the originators; a Pimple spear with hay rake springsteel for tines and very nice barb work:

WPimplespear2008166.jpg

Pimple handle: WPimpleSpear2008175.jpg

nice spears spearhead! Im talking to fabeck thru email he's got very decent prices on his spears! Now all I gotta do is talk heidi into it...

Now all I gotta do is talk heidi into it...

I've been cut off for awhile. I told her I'll stop when the number of spears I own matches the number of shoes she owns.

Or I'll stop when I talk ER out of that Pimple spear.

I should try the shoe excuse it may work out... Or items she has that are pink...or even makeup bags Id have quite a collection with any of those reasons. grin

Spearhead I have two Pimples. I will give you a deal on one if you are interested.

I found the camera and took a few more shots for you guys. Sorry, like spearhead I am not a photographer.

Kraemer blued 7 tine:

102.jpg

104.jpg

103.jpg

An off season spear/decoy/spearing equipment get together would be fun sometime.

That way people can look at, and handle some different spears and other equipment unique to our pastime.

On a roll here (might as well before the camera ends up back in the wife's purse!). Another Pimple. These spears were purchased from Jerry Kelm, a noteworthy carver who grew up near the Pimple farmstead. I brought this one to Perham several years ago and several folks thought this was one of his early spears:

105.jpg

106.jpg

108.jpg

thats nice.... ok Im sold Im buying another spear, always gotta have a couple backups right?
looks like someones gonna be forfieting a few smokes and pepsi's to finance a spear!!! gringrin

Careful guys....Once you start collecting it is hard to stop!

One more spear and then I am done - Until another nice spear comes along for my collection!

This is a light weight spear compared to some others. It was made my Dave Pawlak of MI. It throws really well.

110.jpg

I've been fighting the urge to get one of Dave's for awhile now. The couple I saw didn't quite do it for me.

Is that a real long Michigan style spear?