• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Darkhouse Spearing Photos Gallery

bassNspear

Nice fish Muskie!!! U know its not nice to post a beast without any story or measurements right???!!! I don't see any spear marks, where did you hit it?

What a beast!!! There are some good fish showing up on the board here recently. Lots of happy taxidermists this winter.

• 2 weeks later...

He must have actually thrown the spear, his arm doesn't look nearly as wet as mine when i got my first one! (letting go of the spear helps, so I've learned...)

He must have actually thrown the spear, his arm doesn't look nearly as wet as mine when i got my first one! (letting go of the spear helps, so I've learned...)

Pike came in and took off with the sucker. I grabbed the line to bring it back and it spit it out. I pulled it back in the hole about a foot from the bottom of the ice and the pike grabbed the sucker again. Joe stuck it and never let go of the spear.

He was super excited!

full-37367-40860-12.28002.jpg

the 5# came in to the decoy with the crappie in his mouth when I got him out the crappie was still alive must of been hungry

full-37367-40860-12.28002.jpg

the 5# came in to the decoy with the crappie in his mouth when I got him out the crappie was still alive must of been hungry

That is so cool. How have you been?

Hi MJ I have been good getting a few fish to eat got a 31 in today lot of flooding up here had my house froze in 3 inches lot of chopping but the work was good for me the water has cleared up a lot the last two days nice spearing now later fish4u

Hi MJ I have been good getting a few fish to eat got a 31 in today lot of flooding up here had my house froze in 3 inches lot of chopping but the work was good for me the water has cleared up a lot the last two days nice spearing now later fish4u

Good luck to you. We have been lucky down here with awesome ice conditions.

Congrats Joe and you got a great spearing teacher

Great to see you are still get some fish fish4u,I hope ice conditions improve for you guys

Nice pike 9 tine

That Montana pike is really a solid looking fish! The spear looks quite capable too. If that is your start I can't wait to see the finish!

first post here been doing a lot of back reading on you guys that have been doing this for awhile. this is my second year doing it I don't have my own gear yet because im not sure what spear I want. seen some really nice ones from a couple of you guys. my first fish first toss was a 34" 9lbs. so far this year got 10 under my belt and have startd to be more selective on my fish to were I actually was able to play with them. one day we had up to 3 fish in the hole at one time and seen over 20 fish in the day.

247_zps05c17fea.jpg

file_zps47da6813.jpeg

2013-12-13-12-05-33_zps2706c74f.jpg

2013-12-13-12-06-48_zps262660bd.jpg

IMAG0049_BURST002_zpsd1538d7c.jpg

I have more pictures but the fish are frozen or on the spear.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Welcome Hillbilly great photo's!

First off Welcome to the HSO Family Hillbilly,

Glad you shared your experiences with us and I know the feeling when you have three in the hole at the same time.. its a rush and a feeling like no other I have ever encountered.

Great pictures and [lease keep sharing your experiences.

Great stuff Hillbilly.

Let us know what you choose for a spear.

I just got a Dillo by Moening for my spearing buddies. I hope they get a chance to get it wet tomorrow.

thanks guys. I was planning on getting the my 8 year old out for his first time but mother nature said other wise with the 20mph winds and rain this morning.

and one spear that I didn't see any one have or mention was double dimoand.

thanks guys. I was planning on getting the my 8 year old out for his first time but mother nature said other wise with the 20mph winds and rain this morning.

and one spear that I didn't see any one have or mention was double dimoand.

I don't know anyone that has one either. I know someone that has one of his saws.

Usually the guy from Double diamond is on the ice At Spear Fest. He makes a nice spear, but personally its not what I care for. I prefer the weight forward type and I have made a few of that type also.