• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Darkhouse Spearing Photos Gallery

bassNspear

nice fish jesse!

bowhunt, those are the perfect size, i hope to get a couple like that tomorrow. for being about the same size, their coloration sure is different. you would almost think that they were from different lakes.

nice fish everyone, im heading out tomorrow for the first time to a new lake hope i can bring a few eaters home

I was able to sneak out of work early today and made my first trip out. I had a solid 4 inches of crystal clear ice however the water was cloudy hope that changes soon. I sat from 2:30 till dark and only had one come in as I was on the phone talking with Dorkfish who was also spearing. It came in nose to nose with the live sucker giving it the eyeball when I hit it a nice chunky 33 incher and my personal best to date.

Another one taken with a Dorkfish decoy

full-28877-14737-p0003_120911.jpg

Nice fish, ArcherysSniper.

Were you on the lake that MJ had his house on last year? I don't mean to steal your spot, I was just wondering about ice conditions. I might head there tomorrow AM.

Nice fish, ArcherysSniper.

Were you on the lake that MJ had his house on last year? I don't mean to steal your spot, I was just wondering about ice conditions. I might head there tomorrow AM.

Yup same area 4" of ice I wouldn't venture to far west the ice just froze over their like monday or Tue. I will be back out there tomorrow am with another HSO staffer for his first try at spearing

Well Huey I didn't see you out their today. I managed a 30.5" today after I got reset in the house I had a true hog high 30's probably more into the 40 inch mark. Had a chance to spear another but I was unsure if it would be under the 30" mark so I passed also had a little pickler eye the decoy but spooked when I grabbed the spear. The red and white dorkfish has been the ticket so far this year.

full-28877-14745-p0001_121011.jpg

Jeremy, thanks again for taking me with you today. I think this is something I can get into.

Oh O I sense a new addiction laugh

AS, Congrats on another nice fish!

I got too late of a start this morning to head north. I headed over to White Bear and saw open water. Yikes. That ice is too thin for a big boy like me.

No problem Eric it was fun wish you could have seen one other then on the end of my spear. Your welcome to come with any time bring your house and I will supply the rest.

Huey it added another inch of ice last night however a lot of people were checking the ice and leaving whistle just more quiet time for me before the zoo starts. That ice was really singing the last two days with multiple cracks you could hear coming across the whole lake.

I know what you mean about the ice singing sounded like laser tag under the ice yesterday a bit spooky when I saw some of the cracks moving next to my house. Good news got to use some of my new decoys bad news a couple didnt swim good have some work to do on them

Speared my personal best this weekend! 9 lbs 32". She came in hot on the decoy. The river fish seem to be much more aggressive than the fish in the lakes, it's fun to watch.

full-38641-14826-32inch.jpg

Jessie great fish,I'm really confident I know where your spearing and heading their on Wed if I get out of work early . Buddy from work has also been spearing it and says their is only one other spearer out there. wink

We've only been out there on the weekends and the other person spearing is my neighbor. I would love to get out there during the week when there aren't tip ups 20 ft away from the spear hole.

My buddy from work doesn't spear it on the weekends just for that reason, Heading out there in the morning and hope to find one for the wall or some pickling size ones.

My boyfriends 40.5" was on the weekend with probably 15 people tip up fishing. Made us wonder how many baits she looked at before coming through his hole, same thing with my fish. But there are plenty of picklers out there. Good luck! My boyfriend are neighbor are trying to think of a lightweight darkhouse they can make to tear down and put up with a couple screws to put down there. Right now were using hunting blinds, they surprisingly work pretty well.

Saw 61 northrens come through the hole today..Yes 61 No wall hangers though.

Wow your fast I haven't even got my bibs off yet, I will back up the 61 fish today I was sitting their with him. It was a blast playing with them,I even got you up into the hole I was able to touch.

Where you type your post just above it their are icons click the 5th one with the blue arrow pointing up and brows your computer for the photo once you find it double click it and it will transfer it the click add file then done adding file and it will show up on this page once you figure it out it's easy.