• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Darkhouse Spearing Photos Gallery

bassNspear

Hey guys, the mods here are just doing there job. The policy Laska posted above is what we try to follow. Tasteful pictures preferably on the lake and no blood.

We do not have a no dead fish rule for pics. Please read the policy carefully.

I haven't seen the pictures here that have been deleted lately, but, basically this is what we are looking for:

full-18539-4535-december2010040.jpg

2011-01-07162946-1.jpg

SDC11968-2.jpg

5343659905_f9bffc400b.jpg

DSC04068.JPG

IMG_0745.jpg

If you have any questions about this, please use the "Contact Us" link in the bottom right hand corner of the page.

Thanks

BTW, nice fish everyone!

full-37067-5574-img_3506.jpg

My first northern from the darkhouse. Thanks for all the tips and help getting me into the sport!

full-29072-5738-spearingnd.jpg

Finally made it out on Sakakawea last weekend for the first time of the year. Twenty minutes and a 41" came in hot and smashed the decoy.

Thats a really nice pike and laska It will happen timing is everything your due grin

Makes me feel good hearing you say that, Ive put in alot of time every weekend for the past 3 years plus some full weeks. Sooner or later, as my grandma always says "Good things come to those who wait!"

Hey, I just wanted a little more weight on my spear, I know it can sail on a guy a bit having that much surface area but I haven't had a problem with it at all. We have so much snow out here this year but I have a decent spot to get out on the big lake now so hopefully I will get out again this weekend. For any of you Minnesota guys thinking about making a trip out sometime, Sakakawea started filling up again a few years back & I would say in about 5 years it should be crazy, good out here. I understand people not spearing the bigger fish in a lot of smaller lakes but Sakakawea is so big I can't see how it would make a difference, especially when they don't get much respect anyway. I saw a 48" come out 3 years ago so I know there's gotta be a 50" in there somewhere.

Hey, I just wanted a little more weight on my spear, I know it can sail on a guy a bit having that much surface area but I haven't had a problem with it at all. We have so much snow out here this year but I have a decent spot to get out on the big lake now so hopefully I will get out again this weekend. For any of you Minnesota guys thinking about making a trip out sometime, Sakakawea started filling up again a few years back & I would say in about 5 years it should be crazy, good out here. I understand people not spearing the bigger fish in a lot of smaller lakes but Sakakawea is so big I can't see how it would make a difference, especially when they don't get much respect anyway. I saw a 48" come out 3 years ago so I know there's gotta be a 50" in there somewhere.

how's the clearity, and where u gettin on?

The clarity was good. I'm spearing about 20 miles down the lake from where I was last year and it was super clear last year, the best I had ever seen up on Sakakawea. I got on up by Riverdale, there was a lot of water up on the ice under the snow and u deff. need 4 wheel drive but I made it out to a main lake point and got set up.

full-36972-5825-2_12_118lbssibleylake.jp

Back in the saddle! 8lbs 1st fish in a month. havent been out though in 2 weeks. hopefully back out on wednesday. I only had a couple hours logged in the house today.

Nice fish ND, gotta love the QF3 in the background too!

I love my QF3! I have had that house for 3 years now. It has held up great! Just need to buy some marine carpet for a floor. Dang near went down the hole one day when there was water on ice.

Nice fish Elwood! did you win anything for 5th? how big was the fish? Thats a butt kickin spear too!

Note from admin: Your post has been edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.

Spent a couple hours out after church...pretty slow this afternoon. I guess spearing was good yesterday and this morning. I'm kind of hoping it picks up for the next couple weeks!

NDP I won 100 bucks for 5th so I had my whole day of spearing paid for plus a bit extra and it was 7lb 1oz @ 32.250 inches

yepers, they were bass...i saw a large mouth that ran 20" + today..didn't get her on film though! sorry for the bad quality video!

full-29072-5901-spear2.jpg

Made it out last weekend before the winds picked up too much, had to sit it the house all morning & afternoon but finally had this 31" come streakin in hot and grab the decoy. Only seeing one fish a day when I am out but they have all been really agressive this year, just coincidence im sure but fun to watch.