• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Darkhouse Spearing Photos Gallery

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gordie

• bassNspear

• merkman

• MJ1657

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple of pike that showed up for a photo op this morning. 

Here is a pike I got on Saturday the 20th. 39" 18.4 lbs. She tasted great out of the smoker!

Thanks. The skinny pike is my very first dark house pike. This is kind of my son's gig. He was interested so I helped him get into it. Today I got a turn with the spear I made for him a couple years a

Posted Images

Wow I wish I would have had a spear cam today, saw 13 fish in 3 hrs, most were in the 30 inch range, speared two a 28 and a 26, passed on a couple that were larger but not quite mountable, the yellow and red decoy I bought this morning was worth every penny!

awesome. Congrats on the fish. How deep of water were you in? Did you use Live decoy as well, and photos?

We were in 9 feet of water since the lake I'm on up here in Duluth is pretty murky, we put down a big live decoy minnow but that didn't seem to attract any fish so I put down the new yellow and red decoy I bought, it was straight action after that, I remember at one point going I don't know how a northern could say no to that action, I didn't even have the words out of my mouth before one came flying into the hole and smashed the decoy, once i get my camera back I'll throw up some pics!

We were in 9 feet of water since the lake I'm on up here in Duluth is pretty murky, we put down a big live decoy minnow but that didn't seem to attract any fish so I put down the new yellow and red decoy I bought, it was straight action after that, I remember at one point going I don't know how a northern could say no to that action, I didn't even have the words out of my mouth before one came flying into the hole and smashed the decoy, once i get my camera back I'll throw up some pics!

thanks for the information!

Northspear there's a couple good lakes up in this neck of the woods. Right now the travel is absolutely terrible so unless you have a sled its pretty tough to get around. Grand and Fish are the two best for numbers and decent size. I'm still trying to get brave enough to try Pike Lake, its 60 ft deep, crystal clear, and a big bowl, but man do the dnr surveys look promising

Lundisnumber1

These videos are so awesome. I miss spearing so much after watching that. frown Used to spear everday after school- almost missed christmas dinner one year thanks to spearing.

These videos are so awesome. I miss spearing so much after watching that. frown Used to spear everday after school- almost missed christmas dinner one year thanks to spearing.

Well go then...

We have a get together coming up in your neck of the woods the weekend after this one.

Did you see the hog on the front page of the outdoor news today? Must eat really well to be 33 lbs at 45 inches

I think that fish was from the Brainerd area and if it is there was a 26lber that was taken one or two days before that one. I met the guy that is the uncle of the guy that got that fish if its the same fish.

Did you see the hog on the front page of the outdoor news today? Must eat really well to be 33 lbs at 45 inches

A 33lb. metro fish!

A healthy diet of rainbows can do that to a fish.

Originally Posted By: spearman

I think that fish was from the Brainerd area and if it is there was a 26lber that was taken one or two days before that one. I met the guy that is the uncle of the guy that got that fish if its the same fish.

Mike Carroll is the guys name, it said he is from Scandia and he got it somewhere in Washington county on Jan. 21.

well then there was a nother monster speared up in the Brainerd Area a couple weeks ago actaully two HOGGS a 26lber and 33 lber . I'm waiting on pics of them myself and if I get them I will post them for show and tell grin

fisherking01

front page of outdoor news, man that is a monster!! 45 inches with 28 inch girth. WOW!! For sure something to shoot for!! Not sure how I would react to seeing one like that. I got the spearing fever seeeing it on the paper. lol

Wow, I can't imagine anybody not taking a fish like, I know I'd keep him angling or spearing.