• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Darkhouse Spearing Photos Gallery

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gordie

• bassNspear

• merkman

• MJ1657

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couple of pike that showed up for a photo op this morning. 

Here is a pike I got on Saturday the 20th. 39" 18.4 lbs. She tasted great out of the smoker!

Thanks. The skinny pike is my very first dark house pike. This is kind of my son's gig. He was interested so I helped him get into it. Today I got a turn with the spear I made for him a couple years a

Posted Images

I really know where he hit it (stop lying browning) just kidding he did actually hit this one behind the head but did get very lucky on the one yesterday I found it funny and my son thought it was the coolest thing ever untill he got his 3 today he says he'll get one like that someday. I said I know you will!!

Early Riser

Way to go BG and Deerhunter on the spearing! Nice fish - especially for the youngin! Glad you found a good spear for him.

"I think browning gets to pick the next gtg lake"

I believe BG is savy enough not to post or talk about specific lakes he spears - let alone trying to get a bunch of guys together to spear them.

One thing to keep in mind is to keep the scenery in the background to a minimum in pictures so that prying eyes can't find your spots - which really isn't that hard to do for many people.

If you are not careful you could have company, and as many of us know it doesn't take too many people a very long time to negatively impact a spot.

I know there are a lot of lakes and spots out there - but it is nice to keep as many of your options as possible under the radar.

Anyways, glad you are enjoying yourselves out there! You are in the goove - which is nice!

mnspearingguider

101_0040.JPG

Here is a Pike a good friend of mine took the other weekend on one of our outings. (hopefully it shows up)

hey mnspearingguider my uncle lives in pine river and is a big spearer you should get a hold of me and maybe we can get together

mnspearingguider

The Fish went 42" without messing with the tail, It was going on the wall for my buddy, It is his biggest in 45 years of spearing.

Originally Posted By: Spearhead
33° 7 ft 42″ N 97° 1ft 39″ W
HMMMM

I was trying to be a smart arse and give away the coordinates but for some reason the preview looks fine but when I post it that's what I get??

32° 45' 59" N, longitude: 96° 48' 00" W

The Fish went 42" without messing with the tail, It was going on the wall for my buddy, It is his biggest in 45 years of spearing.

that is a awesome fish! Congrats!

I am posting this for mnspearingguider

I seen 4 Whitefish last night, 4 pike, and a big Perch that decoyed in. Took one Whitefish, thankfully my daughter was watching down the hole, I was messing with some decoys behind me and she says "Dad big fish, big fish" There it was swimming between my decoys. So I luckily got it as it was leaving the hole.

We didn't get out to the house until 3pm so we weren't in there long.

I have been out 4x now for just a couple hours each time, seen over 30 whitefish.

4211030129_8d91b9eb00.jpg

Today we got tired of waiting to go spearing.

4221089450_7787180749.jpg

It isn't pretty but it works.

We piled up 6 inches of the snow/slush over the existing snow then put the house on top of that.

I'm hoping that the ankle deep water around the house freezes overnight. It was getting pretty froze over when we left at dark.

We worked on setting up the house for a few hours so we missed the best times of the day for spearing but, we saw one bullhead, A ginormous sunnie, a ton of perch and a 8~9 lb nothern that we let go.

All in all it was a good day.

And best of all no fish to clean.

Capt'nMorgan

northern that you let go,, sounds like spear and release. lol that look like a real mess. you didn't leave the house out there did you

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• CigarGuy
      Thanks Chad. Had a slow night tonight, only got 7 in 2-1/2 hours. Tossed them all back.
    • CigarGuy
      I've fished the zoo on Mille Lacs way too many times to count. Grew up a block off pool 2 across the river from Ft. Snelling, fished it all the time early spring, not to mention the St. Louis River. I've got a little jaded fishing in crowds, that's why I went this far north and a large lake!
    • islandmn
      Try Duane's Marine in Virginia,MN. Great service, a Evinrude/ Johnson dealer, on the second generation.  
    • Muskies
      I posted some information on a May 5 on Rainy lake 2020 fishing .... basically no crossing the border.   Muskies HSOShow.com Family 'we have more fun' I Share On FishingMN  132 199 posts Location: Reef Point, Rainy Lake Author Posted May 5 Found this information and thought it would be good to share:   This from the CDN gov’t.  COVID-19 Notice: February 3, 2021 During the COVID-19 pandemic, unless exempted, foreign national boaters are not permitted to enter Canadian waters. Failure to comply with the current prohibition of entry for discretionary or optional reasons (leisure, pleasure fishing, sightseeing, etc.) may result in severe monetary penalties or criminal conviction and/or imprisonment. Visit Transit through Canadian waters for more information.   Opener on the Ontario side of rainy lake is May 15. Good fishing to everyone!
    • SkunkedAgain
      That's a good thought. I'll call but they went "online" only last year so he no longer has a shop. He talked with me about how he needed to cut his fixed costs in order to compete with all of the online parts suppliers selling out of their garages.   It's a shame though. That place was amazing. Lots of great, old motors on the walls. When I went there needing a new lower unit for my 1957 motor, he pulled out a box and said "which color?" The place was a timewarp of boat motors.
    • anchor man
      I'll be up there with a couple friends on the chain. Never have any confidence for walleyes on opener, so we'll go after whatever bites (with an emphasis on eyes). 😀  
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  On the lake, the focus is on the May 15, 2021 Fishing Opener for walleyes.  There is much optimism as fishing in the Rainy River this spring was excellent and reports of good fishing from the spring season on the lake was also good. The limit for walleyes and saugers during the open season is a combined limit of six fish, up to four of the six can be walleyes.  There is a slot limit in which all walleyes 19.5 - 28.0 inches must be released.  One can be kept over 28 inches.   Pike anglers are still catching fish in back bays. The pike season is open year-round on LOW and the Rainy River.     On the Rainy River...   Sturgeon anglers are enjoying catch and release through 5/15/21.  Closed 5/16/21 - 6/30/21.  Harvest season opens up again on 7/1/21 - 9/30/21. Good numbers of sturgeon have been running in the Rapid River near Clementson just east of Baudette this past week.  These fish are incredible to see up close, but are also very much protected and respected. Anglers looking to this weekend and the opener.  Typically, there is some good walleye fishing in the river early in the season, such as this weekend. Up at the NW Angle...  A few anglers fishing pike in back bays but most looking forward to the May 15th fishing opener.  The go to walleye spots come the opener will be shoreline and island structure and underwater points.  The technique, a jig and a minnow! With the Canada border still closed, there are many ways to get up to the Angle.  The LOW Passenger Service, charter boat shuttle service from the south end, is open and running.  If you have the right boat and expertise, boating across is an option.  And finally, Lake Country Air flying service, a float plane service out of Baudette and other locations.  
    • ozzie
      i will be up in the area but not sure i will hit the chain.  the history with me and opener on the chain has not been productive so this year I am finding a smaller shallow lake in the area and going to hit it for walleyes.  I have not asked my father in law what the temps were but he has hit south cross and clamshell a few times and when fish are caught they have been on the smaller side.  Good Luck to you!
    • ozzie
      If I snagged an anchor line I am pretty sure i would not ask the anchored angler to lift so I can get my jig back, but I am sure I would warn them that there is a hook now in there anchor line!  I am that way fishing around docks...if I get caught on a dock I will always butt up to it and carefully remove my hook so they do not stick themselves or have a little kid get stuck from it.  Amazingly I have had confrontations with people in this regard!  And it is not like i am pitching bass jigs as I am usually crappie fishing around docks so i am using light line, small hook and cork bobber so I am not hurting a dock if i accidentally cast into it.  Oh well...Good luck to all you Vermillion fisherman on opener and in the rest of the season!
    • CJH
      No one's been out on the chain?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.