• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Med Sea

What happened to the med thread. I've been out of town since Monday . Anyone been out there? I didnt see the med thread except for the get together. Mabey I just missed it. I don't know if I'll be out this weekend. I think I am boatless. My brother is borrowing the boat.
Med man are you back? I did fairly well last weekend out in the usual spots, No eyes but about everything else.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MedicineMan

• moby1

• Ole the Guide

• Lee the bonehead

Hey Moby You can always join me in my Boat I'll be able to do the morning thing Saturday get a hold of me.

Then I can grab that Motor.

The Med Sea has been pretty great the last couple of outings. We got to hook up soon Moby and I'll show you my new trick for that lake. MedMan prolly won't be impressed as I'm not fishing the humps - lol.

Well looks like tomorrow morning is a go. My bro couldnt get the fam together early enough and decided not to take the boat. I am planning on the usual 5am or so start. Going to try and get tires finally so only be out until 9:30 or so. Probably will repeat but stay a little later on Sunday morning depending.
Yeah ebass. I still have your frabill bucket. Cant believe we havent fished together since Red Wing, back when it was still cold out!

Tim
Dont know how late to call so Ill email. Call my cel in the morning if ya want to get out. You can meet at my place or at the lake.

EEEK!!!! Where'd my thread go? I just got back from vacation and the first thing I had to do was check FM. I've been itching to get out and fish Medicine, but I won't have a chance too untill tuesday. I've got a family reunion tomorrow and then a graduation party sunday. frown.gif

I was on a med cruise yesterday with CrappieMagnet, turns out we are old aquaintences from "back in the day". Anyway we met at Harty's and then got on the lake and hit sunnies for about 4 hours solid. Threw a lot more back than we kept. Fish about 8 Ft deep with natural colored platics on a 16th or 32nd oz jig and a bobber.

Hey Ebass, whats you're new trick? I don't fish the islands exclusively. I fish all over the lake. I am just more fond of the islands then other areas of the lake.

1Yogi
Were you out fishing the humps? I was out there and one other boat came out to that area and was still there when I left. I was going to see if it was anyone from fm because I knew crappie magnet was out in that spot last weekend and thought it might have been him. I didnt know because I havent met him. Joe said he was there. I was in the little 12'. I did ok with some nice crappies and a northern around 30". Another nice morning thats for sure. I left around 9. I thought the rain was coming later and didnt bring the gear. My legs were too cold and wet.

Yeah that was Probably us. The red glow you saw was probably my forehead on fire

I'm heading out to Med tomorrow morning. I'll report back how I do.

Went out Sunday night from 5:15 to 8:30. Trolled Raps along shore in 10 to 18 feet. Caught around a dozen northerns and two bass. Shad color seemed to work the best. Raps running about 10 to 12 feet down. Felt good to get out. Can't wait to do it again.

Went out from 5-12 this morning. I ended up with 14 Bass and 8 Northerns. All the Bass were between 4-6 pounds, and all the Northerns were between 24-34 inches.

I went out last night (Tuesday). It was like rush hour at the access. I think I'll stick to am and early afternoon fishing.
Fishing was slow to say the least. Found a couple of those humps you guys talk about and caught a couple. Let them all go as usual.
Hey Med Man, what's your favorite presentation for your bass and northerns?
You can email me at [email protected]
Thanks,
Ole
"Please release me let me go"

------------------

Ole, I don't really have a favorite presentation. When I was out on tuesday I caught fish on 12 different lures/presentation styles. I am a big fan of crankbaits though. Trolling cranks is a good way of locating active fish.

Heres a few pics of fish I've caught this year. I've got a lot more, but I'm only going to post a few. The first two are of me, the last one is of a friend of mine.

47b4d920b3127cceb10b38b878820000001610

47b4d920b3127cceb10b38b6788c0000001610

47b4d920b3127cceb10b3831f93b0000001610

[This message has been edited by MedicineMan (edited 07-01-2004).]

Oh yeah, I was gonna say that we caught 14 Crappies that day, all between 12-14 inches. We caught them while we were trolling #10 Deep Down Husky Jerks for Northerns.

Med Man,
Thanks for the tip. I really haven't gotten in to crankbaits much as I keep coming up with lots of weeds. But that's where the fish are! I'll have to get a little more serious about it and give it more time. Do you primarily throw those outside the weed edge or inside? You said you troll a lot? Any tips about that?
Thanks,
Ole

------------------

Ole, I couldn't tell you how to fish the weeds since never fish the weeds. The last time I trolled a weedline on Medicine was on opener. There is no real "weedline" on Medicine as of now. All there is are patches of weeds in Medicine. Theres a stretch on the south end of the lake where there is a large patch of weeds. I would look for bottom content changes or points or underwater islands etc.... Medicine has tons of structure too fish. I suggest getting a good map and study the lake.

Well took a break from the roofing side work today and gave the old pond another go 'round. It was a bit brisk at 5am. I ended up with the rain pants and life jacket on to try and conserve a little warmth. Yeah, I'm a puss. Stopped in and talked to Joe to warm up a touch. Fishing was slow. No norts or bass but caught a half dozen crops 10-12".

Geez Moby, you are a total wuss. But yet you went out ice fishing on that day when the actual air temp was -24 degrees and the wind chill was -34. That doesn't quite make sense? wink.gif

Thanks for the tip!
What's a good map for Med.? I have the Sportsmen's connection west metro book of lakes but it's very general and misses a lot of structure.
I found one of those sunken islands (or humps) and caught a few bass on crankbaits. It was kind of hard throwing between the tubers and the jetskier's but I managed before I ducked into shallower waters.
May your worm keep wiggling!
Ole

------------------

Ole, the best map out there of Medicine is made by Fishing Hot Spots. I've seen this brand of map at Gander Mountain and Fleet Farm. But still, this map still has plenty of flaws. But its by FAR better than the map you have.

Med Man
I know but I was prepared and in a house with a heater. I was unprepared Monday. I hope to be done roofing by saturday. I stuck it out for 4 hours in drizzle last night after work. I should be done in a couple of days if the weather is decent.

Ole the key to avoiding the skiers, at least most of them (there are always a couple out by 8am)is to get a couple hours of quality fishing in before they come out. I prefer 5am-10 or 11.

• 2 weeks later...

Went out yesterday from 9-6, my paps went out with me at 3. We ended up catching everything execpt Carp and Bullheads. Fishing was pretty consistant for a change. Between us we ended up with something like 50 fish, only 2 dozen of them being Panfish.

[This message has been edited by MedicineMan (edited 07-15-2004).]

Wow, MedMan,

I was out on Med last night for the time from about 7:00PM to 9:00PM. Caught a small bass and a small northern on a chartreuse buzzbait right away but never had another hit. Nothing touched the crankbaits or the Gulp sinking minnows. I must not be living right.

I'm gonna be out on Medicine tomorrow morning after work. You gonna be out there Moby?

Mr Harty Thinking about med sat (tomorrow) if the park is full is there any way to launch and pickup at your place if i have place to park the truck and trailer? i used to live right across 169 from east beach..thanks!

med man
me and mr special hit it last night. We ended up with one crappie, one bass, and eleven norts. Biggest was 30.5". May be out saturday. Im not sure yet. I may go to some other lake with mr special.
Hey joe. have your eyes recovered yet :+) Actually the name fits, eh. Wasnt moby a white whale?