• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Susan

Sergeant Slabber

Has anybody ever produced on this lake in Chanhassen? I know there are some descent crappies in there if you can find them, but what about eyes or pike?

I just read on the dnr report that theres some walleyes in there but no landing and i was wondering if that was true. Anyone know about this lake?

I know it has an access. I have fished the lake for crappies in the winter, and fished it last spring for walleyes and had no success. I did catch lots of bullheads though!

• 4 weeks later...

It does have an access. Just checked it out.
Was inteested in learning about the walleye in there. Looks like major stocking efforts are going into this lake and the net surveys show good signs?????

Last year I managed to bring home a few decent walleyes from susan. I only fished it once, but I heard from other people that the lake was producing regularly for them, with even some 6-7 pound fish. There were even reports of people getting limits of walleyes from the fishing pier. Don't know anything about the crappies.

I fish susan several times every year and it is a marginal walleye lake at best with an average size of probably 12 inches. It gets hit pretty hard in the spring and seeing how I have seen alot of people keeping the 12 inch and SMALLER walleyes they really don't have much chance since it is a very small lake. By far the best time out there is first two weeks after opener. The panfish are good size/low quantity and I have seen some 4-5 pound bass cruising the shallows.

jeff

so many lakes................so little time