• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  

huge crappie

Did anyone see that guy with the huge crappie in the pioneer press yesterday? that was me! it wa almost 1.5 pounds, anyone ever caught one bigger?

Ronny Gumble

Sergeant Slabber

Hey, nice slob! I caught a 15 1/2 incher out of Tonka a few years back. Pretty proud of that one. Got a replica on the wall!

troutman

Congratulations.Anytime you catch a 1# + crappie,it's a nice fish.I once held...actually,I was tied with someone for the world record,(National Freshwater Fishing Hall Of Fame,Hayward,Wisconsin) white crappie caught through the ice,1# 13 oz.The record has since been broken.

huskiesplayer15

three winters ago pulled out a 16.5 from big pine near perham, fishing by the cottonwoods if any one knows where that is, jigging a #2 Glow Swedish Pimple, no weight a picture and was released.
Best Fishes
Chris

Matt Johnson

Congrats Ronny! Thats a nice fish! If you have a picture of it and want me to post it feel free to e-mail it to me. Thats a beauty!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
Matt Johnson Outdoors
Metro Area Ice Fishing, Team Catch-N, and more...

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

Congrats on the slab.

[This message has been edited by Bass Man (edited 05-24-2004).]

GotOne57

Very nice slab for the metro area. We used to catch some nice slabs out of Long Meadow Lake in BLM. For some who know this shallow ducky lake it may be hard to believe, but if you knew where the springs were you could catch slabs 1.5 - 2lb.. Tried Red Lake first time this winter and it was a dream come true. Slab heaven averaging 14"-15". Did not way any, but I'm sure they were 1.5- 1.75lb. If you haven't tried Red Lake, its worth it's weight in gas.

GotOne

I was lucky enough to get a 15 1/4 on Lake of the Woods 2 years ago in October. Fun!!!

TRZ

I did see that, nice fish Ronny. i have gotten a few bigger out of the St.Croix, but way to go man!

moby1

Nice fish. I caught a 15.25" or so this winter on a west metro lake. I still havent gotten the picture developed though. Its in the camera I have been carrying around for 2 years. I also caught a half dozen 12.5+ on the same lake over the course of the winter. Over the past 2 years I have been to red lake 3 times for the mecca of crappie fishing. Out of three trips I personally caught 4 crappies and they were all on the last trip. Mabey next time!

BDR

Congrats on the nice fish. Haven't seen the picture yet.

------------------
I'd rather be skunked than follow the crowd!

Brian Rogers

JR's Tackle
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait

beetle spin

tried posting a pic of a 4 pounder, alas, unable to do so with current knowledge...

confused.gif

[This message has been edited by beetle spin (edited 05-23-2004).]