• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

A few questions for all the coyote hunters out there.

ice fishin man

You can use a 30.06 if you choose, but I would suggest a smaller caliber to keep the pelt damage down. Unless you're out there just to make a kill & leave it lay. Personally I use a 22.250 or shotgun depending on the set, I try to keep the pelt damage down to a minimum so we can trade 'em in & help pay for the gas try'n to support our addiction!!

It's a fun demanding sport, don't give up. ><>

If you were going to a shotgun for yotes, what size shot works for selling the pelts? I don't skin the pelts, don't wanted to have pelts full of holes either?

i know alot of guys that use dead coyote, #4 nickle plated, bb and bbb. i am going to give it a try with dead coyote this year hopefully it will do the job.

If you were going to a shotgun for yotes, what size shot works for selling the pelts? I don't skin the pelts, don't wanted to have pelts full of holes either?

I use dead coyote, and have absolute no pelt damage. I use to use 00buck, lead BB, all with no problems with the pelt