• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Slyster

Lukes first fish!

Slyster

Hey.. I have to share... even though we haven't had great luck yet.. we DID get a few fish last weekend.. including Luke's (my 4 y/o) first fish EVER. Was so fun! These pictures are from Lake Gervais and Spoon lake. As I stated in another post.. we finally got a motor.. so this last weekends trip was really our (my) first ever for the metro area. I fish a lot in Quetico, Canada (conoe) and have wonderful times up there.. but still a newbie down here.

TYMAN

thats great!

Lost

Luke obviously was extremely happy about his first fish ever! Those are the kinds of photo's I love to see. It just warms my heart tremendously.

Slyster

yeah its SO fun.. just went to fleet farm and bought a HUGE tackle box and LOTS of tackle etc... tonight we spent an hour unpacking and putting them in and sorting them etc.... fun stuff! Gonna be a great summer!

(btw.. I am a local public school science teacher.. so I DO in fact get the summer off.. smile.gif gonna be a REALLY good summer!)... any other teachers here with lots of summer time? Perhaps we could hook up? smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Slyster (edited 05-19-2004).]

TYMAN

what grade and school do ya teach?

Awesome. Looks like a nice start to a lifetime of fishing ahead! Congrats!

Slyster

I teach 7th and 8th grade:
7th = Biology
8th = Earth Science

And I used to work at 3M science dept for 3 years.. I love science.... my main interests are biology (birding, fishing, camping) and geology (rocks) and really enjoy astronomy... and weather as well.. nothing better than a severe thunderstorm! (I am an active storm chaser in the summers..)

And also into gaming (Quake3) and computers...

I have my own gaming clan and forum over at http://www.slyster.com/fightclub

All fun stuff!!... no?

huskiesplayer15

great pictures, nice to see after the first soap opera day I have seen on FM!
Best Fishes
Chris

lots of luck

Slyster,

Man thats great. Puts everything into perspective. It looks like you did it right, broke up fishing with some playground action. I have pics just like those from about 20-22 years ago, and memories that are just as vivid. Make an investment now with your time and patience, and you'll have a son as a best friend and fishing partner for life.

p.s. With your rig you'll always be first to the "hot spots", pulling the boat with the hotrod.

[This message has been edited by lots of luck (edited 05-20-2004).]

RuKiddingMe

Hey Sylvester that looks alot like Gervais or actually Spoon in between Gervais and Keller. Nothing like getting the little one in to it right away, that's what I like to see.

I see you are gamer too, my friends and I frequent eachothers homes with our computers for all out LAN gaming. Well we do in the winter anyway, now that summers here not so much to much fishing to do...

RU

Slyster
smile.gif

Yeah.. my dumb car sticks out like a sore thumb surrounded by pickups and SUV's at every boat launch. Rear wheeled drive and light as well.. so sometimes I can't pull the boat up.. even that tiny boat.. wheels spin on the sand. Stinks.

yep.. fun stuff.. my boy will remember that day for a long time!

Went there last night too.. just for an hour with wife a daughter this time.. 2 y/o Kelsey caught HER first fish too now... although.. really not on her own...

[This message has been edited by Slyster (edited 05-21-2004).]