• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleye fishing on Minnetonka

sounds like a blast, hopefully i'll have some luck this weekend, I 'll post back next wed when i;m back in town and maybe we could get out either wed or thursday
good luck catching smallies

------------------
To be the man you have to beat the man....Wooooooooo

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Autumnhunt

• wmn luv me walleye fearme

• buzzsaw

• Mr Special

Some of the same spots, but this new one was a blast. As my girlfriend was getting the net for me(as I had a fish on)her line just hanging over the side of the boat, I took off the walleye I had, rebaited let it go back in the water. She picks her rod back up and says something is on my line, set the hook I said, she had a nice size walleye on. Rebait her line, go back to get my rod,lift it up something pulling on it. Anyways 3 nice walleyes all in one spot. What a blast. Maybe next week we can hook up to go out, it is getting that time of year they are picking up.

Typical. I just get the boat back from the shop and there is a cold front going through today and tomorrow. Oh well, riding in the boat beats riding on the mower. Maybe one walleye will take pity on me and sacrifice itself.

Does anyone know when the turnover might occur? And after the turn over is it then best to fish deep? Or am I all wrong on that.

I heard that the turnover actually occured last week. Was out there yesterday and managed one keeper with a few smaller one's. Anyone else out?

Although we seem to be a little ahead of schedule temp-wise, turnover has not occured. It'll still be a few weeks yet guys. You'll know when the stinky weed roots start floating.

Hey brian if you get the urge to go out today or tomorow send me an email [email protected]
later

------------------

you got mail brian, let me know if you are up for meeting out there at 6, not sure if email went through as sometimes I get kicked out as spam

------------------

Went out last night with 18 inch crappie, 1 walleye, 1 bass, 1 pike, thats it
hope you have better luck then we did

------------------

Hit Tonka last night with "Lots of Luck". 3 or 4 small eyes, and a northern. Used jig and minnow. Alot of wind to deal with....

Let's just say it turned out to be a ride along for me, I produced the big "goose egg".
Hillbiehle did the catching, I was there for moral support.

Fished Tonka nearly all day today. Tried everything, mainly targeting walleyes.

Caught:

- 4 small northerns
- 2 largemouth (in 22' of water!)
- a few sunnies
- 1 substantial sunburn

I absolutely cannot figure Minnetonka out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellow FM'ers,
Well it's been a while since I posted last as my hunting expeditions have taken a lot of my time.

I plan on getting out and do some fishing on Tonka this evening as a change of pace and wondered how the "Eye" bite was going??

I was concidering crank baits or jigs tipped with fat heads,
any suggestion?

Has the lake turned yet?

Any others going to be there around 6:00 or so?

Thanks in advance for any reports, tips or suggestion.

Good luck to all and hope to see you on the water/swamps/fields and woods this fall,

AH

I'm heading out tonight. Last two trips were pretty unsuccesful. My plan tonight is to hit a few spots and troll a 3-way rig and see if I can get a crankbait bite. As the sun goes down, I might start casting a jerkbait. Might be too early, perhaps I should just stick with fatheads; or better yet, let the fish tell me what the want and try that accordingly....... (I'm so lost)

Went out last night and nothing from 3:30 to dusk. 10 different spots marking fish in a few, but sill nothing. Anyone else having luck?

2 anglers, 1 walleye (12 inches on weed line jig and fat head) 1 pike, 2 sunish, in 4 hours, good to know we weren't the only ones that did crappy

------------------

That reminds me--did catch one crappy.

I did notice that the water temps are still at 68--almost exactly what they have been for three weeks. I'm pinning my hopes on a five degree drop in surface temp.

ice

hey ive never been to tonka but i would love to go, could someone show me some specific spots on email or talk to me with aim or show me on a webcam? thanks!!! oh yeah email is [email protected] and [email protected] im not sure if 89 works so email both please! and my aim is BloodGulchMaster (videogame)