• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Did you get your Gals out for opener?

GUYS!

Did any of you get your gals out on the lake for opener? How'd they do?! Just curious... smile.gif

I had only 25 minutes to spend on the dock...I caught a sunny, a sheeps head (sp?), a small bass, and FINALLY a walleye! Pretty exciting!! I have Matt to thank for baiting my hook wink.gif Thanks MP

Happy fishing!

<MattsGal><<

I got off work at 4:45am and went home and woke up my wife and two boys and we spent an awsome day out on Independance. My wife caught a 22 incher. The boys 4 and 7 were able to be in the boat for 8 hours! It doesn't get any better than that!

(Of course the one walleye I caught beat hers by a quarter inch.)

I tried - but she had way too much studying to do. frown.gif This was the first year we didn't do opener together.

She said she was glad she didn't go - too cold and windy for her. I'll get her back out there next year for opener, though. smile.gif

I got my girl(MattsGal) out on opening night for a little while. She is a great fisher-woman. She caught one walleye, one bass, a sheepshead, and a sunny. She did all of this in twenty minutes. I didn't even catch a fish and she was pulling them in. Hope everyone had good luck......
Matt Peters

------------------
Fish On!

Unfortunately my wife does not fish, wish she would it make life a lot easier. Well here is hoping the kids turn out better.

------------------
Eye4Eye
-there is no better fish

My gals had to stay home, they are a little to young for opener. Instead, they had a cupcake!
47b4db39b3127ccebee6927ae5230000001610

------------------
"I can only recall one time that a pair of panties on my head could be considered abuse."

Had my wife and 4 out of 5 daughters out over the weekend. (fishing is now beneath my 16yr old) Wife caught first 2 fish of the season. She is an avid fisherwoman and member of WAM (Women Anglers of Minnesota}. 6 yr old triplets had a great time trolling up some northerns.

mine had a softball tournament, plus she fishes the "real" opener.
Best Fishes
Chris

No, but I'm finally getting this Matt's (me) girl out tonight! I'm going to show her why catching a limit of walleyes is soooo addicting. I'll give you her report tomorrow.

Fisher Dave played guide for my girl and I on Saturday in his neck of the woods. She had a lot of school work to get done over the weekend but I convinced her that a little fresh air and time away from the Cities is just what we needed. Had a blast, Dave and his family are gracious hosts. And Dave put us on fish. We caught around 30 pike that day, although I could only account for 5. My gal outfished me with 9 and Dave made up the difference. Can't wait to go back! And Dave, if you're reading this, THANKS AGAIN smile.gif!!

Manny

------------------
"You're gonna need a bigger boat"

-Chief Brody (Jaws)

Yep, the gal got out with us men too. She always does and she even baits her own hook. I still have to take care of the leeches, but hey, no complaints here. She(Molly) even takes the fish off the hook too. She has to wear a glove or use a rag, but she gets it done. Hey, I even used a rag for years. I couldn't stand that fish smell for years. I can't blame her. I couldn't imagine what it'd be like if I didn't get her hooked on the whole fishing thing. I should probable listen to everyone and land her while I can. A few of you have met her, she's a keeper. I still outfish her every time though. I really don't get it. I set her up with the same thing I use. It must be the technique. Or, as I know many responses would state, she LET'S me catch more and bigger ones so I can feel manly. Yeah right, she can't wait for the time she lands the "big one" while fishing with me. I'm sure it'll happen sometime.

Gals that fish and catch fish...forget the dog, that gal is a mans best friend.

Catch 'em fast!

Well, my gal schooled me last night! I set her up with a jig and minnow, hit one of my sure fire spots, and she was pulling 13-17" walleye one after another. She pulled 7, I got 4 in a couple of hours.

I'm not quite sure if I turned her into an avid fisherwoman, but she definitly liked it! I think I have a new summer project!

My woman refuses to fish, no matter what. She's go with me to the water but won't get the line wet. She says she used to fish as a kid and didn't like it then so she won't like it now.

Got mine out last night and she did well with her first shot at some 'eyes....out fished me 'til the rain showed up....DOH!!! Had a blast though, good fishin'!